Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Great comebacks you thought of too late
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:24 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I’m still looking for the perfect comeback when someone comments on a zit. I’ve got this more than once “oish, what happened “.

“Oish, your manners! What happened??”

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:32 am
This one I thought of in time: When I was in college I worked part time as an aftercare teacher at an elementary school. The previous teacher brought in snacks for the kids from her own home. The kids wanted me to bring them snacks also and taunted me, saying, “Ms. so-and-so bought us snacks with her own money!”

I said back to the kids, “Wow! That was so nice of her!! I hope you said thank you!”

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 3:46 am
Ugh I have a great one but cant share cuz it was public and needs tmi to explain. Shoots. Better think of another! It was really great. Like Surprised kind of great.
Otoh I told some people who were making noise outside, what time it is now. An fyi. They said, oh.

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:38 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
If a guy calls you "love", call him "sport" or "little buddy".

As a Great Gatsby superfan I CHOKED with laughter!!!
Hope I get a chance to use this IRL someday! LOL

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:40 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Please don't. My baby would love to stare at clothes spinning.

Imma be real and say that I STILL enjoy watching clothes spinning TMI

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:51 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I’m still looking for the perfect comeback when someone comments on a zit. I’ve got this more than once “oish, what happened “.

One time a teenage cashier pointed to my face and asked, “What happened?”

I had had a breakout of eczema on my face (which I tried so hard to cover up!) I was so shocked at him commenting on my face, I didn’t know what to say.

I ended up just looking back at him and saying, “Nothing happened.”

He said, “Oh.”

I’m not sure what he thought happened to my face (some kind of trauma?), but how would it be okay to comment under any circumstance??

I felt so upset and self conscious the rest of the day Sad

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:04 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
One time a teenage cashier pointed to my face and asked, “What happened?”

I had had a breakout of eczema on my face (which I tried so hard to cover up!) I was so shocked at him commenting on my face, I didn’t know what to say.

I ended up just looking back at him and saying, “Nothing happened.”

He said, “Oh.”

I’m not sure what he thought happened to my face (some kind of trauma?), but how would it be okay to comment under any circumstance??

I felt so upset and self conscious the rest of the day Sad

Hope it never happens again. But a good answer could be, "As a Navy Seal, I could tell you, but id have to kill you.."

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:06 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Hope it never happens again. But a good answer could be, "As a Navy Seal, I could tell you, but id have to kill you.."

Thumbs Up
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:16 am
I dunno if I should post because I did say it on time, and despite it being quite cutting I don't regret it one bit!

I converted and my relatives were all being very (fake) polite about it except for one loudmouth aunt who couldn't help herself and she said loudly to me in front of everyone "Didn't the Jews kill our L0rd and Saviour??" and I replied "Only because he had it coming to him!"

Haven't visited them since.....!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:21 pm
I was at an ATIME auction and they showed a short film about how many hurtful comments a childless woman goes through in a day. It was very emotional.
When the film ended, the room was quiet for a good few seconds as everyone processed the message.
Then the lady sitting next to me turns to me and comments, "Wow. That was so educational. ... How many children do you have? "
I was shocked, but pretended to be fine, casually said, "none" , and changed the topic.

I wish with all my heart that I had stared at her in shock until the silence became uncomfortable and then quietly said "none".
That would have sent the message stronger than any lecture.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 8:02 pm
Amother beige I can't believe that happened. I believe you 100%, but still can't believe someone said that. Wow.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 9:00 pm
About our twins:

"Are they natural?"
Me: " Nope, they're plastic."

I mean what could you possibly want me to say to that?? Nope,they are infertility babies or yup ,my husband and I did it twice that night!???

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 9:16 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I was at an ATIME auction and they showed a short film about how many hurtful comments a childless woman goes through in a day. It was very emotional.
When the film ended, the room was quiet for a good few seconds as everyone processed the message.
Then the lady sitting next to me turns to me and comments, "Wow. That was so educational. ... How many children do you have? "
I was shocked, but pretended to be fine, casually said, "none" , and changed the topic.

I wish with all my heart that I had stared at her in shock until the silence became uncomfortable and then quietly said "none".
That would have sent the message stronger than any lecture.

Obviously not educational ENOUGH... yeesh!! I’m so sorry that happened to you. Hug

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:05 pm
It is kind of obnoxious but when my husband puts words in my mouth, makes assumptions about my feelings or intentions, I sometimes say (if upset at him) "And I think you have to go to the bathroom now."

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:11 pm
One of my kids was a really quick labor. After I gave birth, a medical student came in and began asking me questions, reading from his clipboard. When he asked, What was the reason that brought you to the hospital today? dh looked at him and said, Is this a trick question?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:27 pm
My MIL likes to remind me about how badly I looked the first few days after birth. Tired, washed out, not mysef etc.

Havent thought f a good comeback yet but VERY OPEN to suggestions

Boca00

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:27 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
One of my kids was a really quick labor. After I gave birth, a medical student came in and began asking me questions, reading from his clipboard. When he asked, What was the reason that brought you to the hospital today? dh looked at him and said, Is this a trick question?

Haha! It reminds me when I went to the hospital while in labor, I was crying and in pain. The receptionist by the maternity ward said, "oh, honey, why are you crying?"

What I should have said... "Onions".

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:29 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
My MIL likes to remind me about how badly I looked the first few days after birth. Tired, washed out, not mysef etc.

Havent thought f a good comeback yet but VERY OPEN to suggestions

My mil does this kind of thing. As a result, she doesn't get very many phone calls from me.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:00 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
My mil does this kind of thing. As a result, she doesn't get very many phone calls from me.

I cant believe there are people like that who exist

tf

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:03 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I cant believe there are people like that who exist

I guess you don’t know everyone yet. I think a better option is to thank Hashem that you don’t have people in your life who are like this.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics