Home

Yeshivish out of town flavor Monsey area
Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Honeydew

Post  Tue, Sep 03 2019, 12:35 pm
ProudMommie wrote:
Reading this thread makes me scared for us as a nation. We truly need help

Although it is 9/3/19, I just read this thread and could not agree with you more.

I once brought this up in another thread as to how frightening it was to see mothers with several children looking too well dressed and I got stoned.
But anyone with depth and human values (let alone Torah values) should be frightened. And frankly, this is happening in many parts of the world.
Many people will just point fingers on America, but hiding under the covers, is hiding under the covers.

amother

Slateblue

Post  Sun, Sep 08 2019, 9:44 am
Yes, I agree. As a family in Klei kodesh, where I choose to spend a lot of time at home with my kids vs working more to afford more gashmius, I feel the pressure. I see that nowadays people seem to get entire new wardrobes for themselves and their children every season, and that frum fashion trends change faster than a blink of an eye, and if you aren't wearing exactly what is shown in the frum stores that season you are looked at pityingly....I am frightened for our people. We need Moshiach...either so we can all afford the gashmius regardless of our income level, or so we can make better choices as a people regarding gashmius...

amother

Gray

Post  Sun, Sep 08 2019, 9:52 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Yes, I agree. As a family in Klei kodesh, where I choose to spend a lot of time at home with my kids vs working more to afford more gashmius, I feel the pressure. I see that nowadays people seem to get entire new wardrobes for themselves and their children every season, and that frum fashion trends change faster than a blink of an eye, and if you aren't wearing exactly what is shown in the frum stores that season you are looked at pityingly....I am frightened for our people. We need Moshiach...either so we can all afford the gashmius regardless of our income level, or so we can make better choices as a people regarding gashmius...

We can make smart choices as individuals. Lots of individuals make up a community. The question is this - are you sure that a neighborhood where you need to be dressed up to the minute is religiously better than a community where everyone has a TV?

amother

Turquoise

Post  Sun, Sep 08 2019, 9:56 am
Not monsey but Passaic comes to mind
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries