Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Has anyone been into Dicci, the stunning new store on 13th?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

BP MOM

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 7:33 pm
I was there on monday, the store is beautifull very modern and sleek, Madison Avenue style.

As far as the prices It's in the $300 range.

momluv

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 7:42 pm
oh, nisht geferlich. dh has just gotta ask for a raise. wouldn't mind winning the lotto too, though! Smile

thanks for the info. though, bpmom.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 9:27 pm
Quote:
As far as the prices It's in the $300 range.

300 for a t-shirt? Wink

I think many people will go in to browse, just in order to be "seen" shopping in such an exclusive store.

bashinda

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:13 pm
Love My Babe wrote:
Lani22 wrote:
I like a nicely decorated store but honestly I really like to shop only where the sales people are nice. I have had to go shopping in brooklyn a lot recently (need a gown for my sisters wedding) and I have been shocked at the way my mother, sister and I have been treated.....
u must be an out of towner if ur shocked by how u get treated in stores here! I live in bk now but im not from here originally and I totally relate. its horrible to shop here!
so where is this place? I checked where I thought it was but I didnt see anything? anyone know wut street its at?

probably. I'm not originally from NY but the good news is that I find that some stores in BP know how to treat customers and some don't. One of the main reasons I go to a particular store in BP to get my clothing is because a) they always have affordable clothing and good sales and b) they have great sales help who are very patient with you and aren't too pushy. There's so many stores in BP that if someone is being rude I leave and find somewhere else and I've usually been successful at finding that somewhere else and overall have a nicer time than if I had just grinned and beared it with the rude salesperson. I've had this experience with maternity clothing and shoes and in each situation I've always found a better place and I pay them for being nice by staying loyal to the store. One maternity place was really obnoxious so I left went to one practically next door with this lovely attentive lady and that was that.

Last edited by bashinda on Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Squash

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:15 pm
bashinda, I agree with you. some stores do have nice sales pple

mom of girls

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:25 pm
haven't been in there but I heard that the price ranges are more in the $600 range.

forever

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:34 pm
I heard that it is cheap clothing for very expensive

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:37 pm
$600??? For what? Who has that kind of money?

Squash

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:53 pm
I'm sure there r pple out there who have that kind of money.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 12:00 am
they made the same print of gucci on the labels.
meaning, the wording of dicci looks like gucci!!
from what I saw, it looks like a person created her own line of stuff, catering to the balebatishe crowd, and is selling it in a manhattan feeling store. pretty good mixture!

FINKEL

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 12:57 am
its right across from where I live, so I took a stroll and asked them till what size they cary, they said 14, I said please tell the owner that most people would love a 16, how can you stop at 14 in bp ????? this is clothing catered for the frum woman !
and the price of the suit that I would have bought was 375 which is VERY good price for todays days ! ,another store on 13 wanted for a similar suit 850, but it was made in italy and these are made in china !
the store was also very big and very empty , not enough selection right now...

cindy324

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 1:16 pm
Quote:
and the price of the suit that I would have bought was 375 which is VERY good price for todays days ! ,

shock Since when is $375 a good price for a suit?? Maybe for a very fancy , very good quality brand name suit that you can wear to a wedding, but walking by I didn't see anything like that in there.

This is insane that BPers consider an almost $400 suit a VERY good price. This is exactly why you'll never catch me shopping in BP, for anything, even shoes! Ugh...the rip-offs in this town are atrocious. Mad

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 3:57 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Quote:
and the price of the suit that I would have bought was 375 which is VERY good price for todays days ! ,

shock Since when is $375 a good price for a suit?? Maybe for a very fancy , very good quality brand name suit that you can wear to a wedding, but walking by I didn't see anything like that in there.

This is insane that BPers consider an almost $400 suit a VERY good price. This is exactly why you'll never catch me shopping in BP, for anything, even shoes! Ugh...the rip-offs in this town are atrocious. Mad
Can you share with us where you find nice stuff that's quality, for drastically less? Especially shoes these days are the same price wherever you go. Most shoes range from 60- 90, no matter where you're buying.

Maya

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 4:07 pm
If you know when to shop department store sales you can get nice designer names for relatively pretty cheap.

cindy324

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 4:51 pm
Quote:
If you know when to shop department store sales you can get nice designer names for relatively pretty cheap.

That's right, especially, Lord & Taylor, when they have a sale, which is numerous times a year, now would probably one of them, you can find brand name, very elegant suits. Also Macy's, with their never ending sales plus coupons, I see lots of frum ladies, even chassidish ladies who have certain standards when it comes to dressing, they're is always plenty of them in Macy's. And you know what? Good for them! They're not embarrassed to tell people they didn't shop at the local "Dicci" Rolling Eyes

As for shoes, OK, maybe the brand new, just out styles will be the same price every where, but have you ever seen a heimishe store put older merchandise on sale?? NEVER, if they do, it's tops 10% off. Go to DSW, and you'll get up to 70% off on brand name shoes EVERY DAY. Go to Century, it's always discounted. I just bought my kids a $50 pair of shoes, flats with pretty metal detailing in the front, for shabbos for $10!!! That's right , it was 80% off. I bought a pair of Kenneth Cole shoes for $23...'nuff said.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 5:03 pm
Yup - I can't understand where these people get their money?!?! It sounds like that other thread where the family was $50,000 in debt but had weekly manicures and household help.

What are everyone's priorities - keeping up with the Goldsteins?

Lani22

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 5:06 pm
bashinda wrote:
Love My Babe wrote:
Lani22 wrote:
I like a nicely decorated store but honestly I really like to shop only where the sales people are nice. I have had to go shopping in brooklyn a lot recently (need a gown for my sisters wedding) and I have been shocked at the way my mother, sister and I have been treated.....
u must be an out of towner if ur shocked by how u get treated in stores here! I live in bk now but im not from here originally and I totally relate. its horrible to shop here!
so where is this place? I checked where I thought it was but I didnt see anything? anyone know wut street its at?

probably. I'm not originally from NY but the good news is that I find that some stores in BP know how to treat customers and some don't. One of the main reasons I go to a particular store in BP to get my clothing is because a) they always have affordable clothing and good sales and b) they have great sales help who are very patient with you and aren't too pushy. There's so many stores in BP that if someone is being rude I leave and find somewhere else and I've usually been successful at finding that somewhere else and overall have a nicer time than if I had just grinned and beared it with the rude salesperson. I've had this experience with maternity clothing and shoes and in each situation I've always found a better place and I pay them for being nice by staying loyal to the store. One maternity place was really obnoxious so I left went to one practically next door with this lovely attentive lady and that was that.

I am not from Brooklyn, I live in Manhattan and I guess I am just used to sales people being helpful and nice. I went into one shop and the sales woman immediately asked me for my price range. I told her and she actually laughed in my face and shook her head kinda like mocking me. She did this is front of other shoppers. I said to her I dont think that is something to laugh about and stormed out of the store. I was humiliated and felt bad about myself for the rest of the day... sorry just a rude people vent

Love My Babes

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 5:14 pm
I guess everyone has their standards, but the only time I spent over $300 for an outfit was my vort and sheva brachos. and BH im not struggling to pay my bills, I guess if everytime u buy clothes its 300, theres no questions y some ppl cant pay their bills.
I guess I just think that if u can find things for better prices y waste money getting the same things for double the price or more in the jewish boro park stores. not to be discriminative or anything, but I like the malls over the local stores any day.

Love My Babes

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 5:18 pm
Quote:
I am not from Brooklyn, I live in Manhattan and I guess I am just used to sales people being helpful and nice. I went into one shop and the sales woman immediately asked me for my price range. I told her and she actually laughed in my face and shook her head kinda like mocking me. She did this is front of other shoppers. I said to her I dont think that is something to laugh about and stormed out of the store. I was humiliated and felt bad about myself for the rest of the day... sorry just a rude people vent
was this in brooklyn?

I have family who live and shop here all the time, and I feel stupid sometimes next to them saying oh I got my shoes for $20 at dsw! but I am proud to say, I LOVE buying shoes in dsw's sale. I got Guess shoes for $20! besides I would never wear todays style of shoes in the boro park stores.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 8:29 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Yup - I can't understand where these people get their money?!?! It sounds like that other thread where the family was $50,000 in debt but had weekly manicures and household help.

What are everyone's priorities - keeping up with the Goldsteins?
There are lots of people in BP each with lots of different spending patterns. Personally, I buy "good" suits, only when I have a very close family Simcha. Otherwise I buy whatever I find that's reasonable. Often I think those that wear the same expensive suit to many Simchos, look classy whenever they wear that suit. Who needs a closet full of Shmattas? It's either quantity or quality for some. Ofcourse spenders have lots of expensive quality suits.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics