Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What non kosher food are you super curious about?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

naomi2

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:25 pm
I forgot spagetti-o's, chef boyardee ravioli, and campbells soups

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:33 pm
not interested in any traif food per se, esp of the animal variety; I wish we could eat veg / fruit w/o checking for bugs -- there are so many things we can't eat anymore bc of the bug situation. And things like OU-D ice cream & chocolate, which is supposedly really delicious.
Oh well! I'll live without it Very Happy

jsb

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:57 pm
animeme wrote:
Yep. I want to eat the Cinnabons. Also, I've always wanted to taste tacos with meat and cheese and sour cream, and especially Indian food with meat and yogurt.

I had kosher Cinnabon in Chicago. It was good but it wasn’t as to die for as I expected it to be.

heidi

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:19 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
not interested in any traif food per se, esp of the animal variety; I wish we could eat veg / fruit w/o checking for bugs -- there are so many things we can't eat anymore bc of the bug situation. And things like OU-D ice cream & chocolate, which is supposedly really delicious.

Lucky me!
I get to eat non kosher OuD products.
And they really are delicious.
How about trying to answer Op's question about non kosher foods that interest you and not bring perfectly kosher foods with excellent hechsherim into the discussion

MiriFr

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:31 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

Yum to all the treif Hershey bars I've consumed!!!!!!

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:44 pm
There was a kosher vegan "shrimp" product available at my local co-op for awhile that is no longer there and it was a pretty good approximation of fried shrimp, both in terms of texture and taste. Was made of konjac root and some other things. The brand was Sophie's or something, frozen foods. Empire turkey bacon is delicious and IMO tastes even better than pork bacon which is too greasy and fatty.

Last edited by sarahmalka on Mon, Sep 16 2019, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:08 pm
For those saying they want Hershey bars, I can tell you that high-quality chalav yisrael chocolate bars, like those from Schmerling's, are so much better than Hershey's. Hershey's is low quality chocolate.

Now, Lindt truffles are quite good. I can see that you'd want those. But the best chocolate overall is Schmerling's Noblesse 72% chocolate. It's dark chocolate, my favorite.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:15 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
For those saying they want Hershey bars, I can tell you that high-quality chalav yisrael chocolate bars, like those from Schmerling's, are so much better than Hershey's. Hershey's is low quality chocolate.

Now, Lindt truffles are quite good. I can see that you'd want those. But the best chocolate overall is Schmerling's Noblesse 72% chocolate. It's dark chocolate, my favorite.

I agree! I have a square with my coffee each morning...

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:32 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

Of all the Hearts that I have received, this is the most confusing.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 2:38 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

Most c"y chocolates taste like hazelnut to some degree. (Especially shmerlings!) I hate hazelnut. So I actually prefer Hersheys. But by Hersheys, I also mean Lindt and Godiva and Ghirardelli and TCHO.

aliavi

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 4:19 pm
Rappel wrote:
I want to try rabbit.

With seasonings it is ground into sausage. I’m not going to tell how I know.

Raw

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 6:00 pm
Oysters
Lobster
Pork, especially pork chops and belly
Spaghetti bolognese with Parmesan on top
Non kosher wine!!

Simple1

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 6:09 pm
There was another thread about foods that make you gag and I had nothing to contribute. Until reading this thread. With lobster at the top of the list. Yes, I know it's not a mitzvah to be disgusted by traif.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 6:13 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
I would just want Velveeta on everything.
On TV, the 80's, poured over broccoli, it looked delicious. (The kosher one separated and was not good at all).
Through my job, I have been in random people's homes and I have smelled cooked bacon. I find the smell very strong and nauseating. Sea creatures, as a poster above stated, look like roaches or something gross.

Trust me on this one -- you'd taste it once and run away in horror. Velveeta is pretty repulsive.

I miss a good cheese steak. Pepperoni pizza. Shrimp, lobster, mussels, clams, crab, oysters, scallops.

Most of all, I miss the ease of being able to go anywhere and finding something to eat.

turca

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 6:24 pm
Do you know why a kosher chef won’t ever win a cooking competition ? Because they cook steak on butter!

Laiya

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 6:30 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Of all the Hearts that I have received, this is the most confusing.

Talking about dark chocolate puts her into a loving mood Smile

livinginflatbus

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 6:35 pm
Isn’t the Cinnabon in Kings plaza kosher ? I’ve had it once and was definitely good but tasted very commercial. I’ve made ones that were better .

esther990

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:19 pm
BT here.
I love vietnamese food. So I miss Pho the most. And I miss those all you can eat chinese places.

Good beef fry is better then bacon.

2cents

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 8:32 pm
We dont eat dairy and fish together. I've always badly wanted to taste a tuna melt (tuna fish salad on a bagel with melted Munster cheese). My roommate used to make the and they smelled heavenly.

grace413

Post Mon, Sep 16 2019, 11:13 pm
Bacon Cheeseburger
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics