Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
What does she have?
Previous  1  2  3  4

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
UPDATED - thank you all we just got the diagnosis today ADD

YAY!

Knowing is half the battle. Your kid is not "labeled", you just have more info to get her the help she needs to be her best self.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:04 pm
OP I just read what I posted almost a year ago (I was the original poster who suggested ADD) and I'm cringing. I hope that what I wrote was ok, it wasnt my smartest idea to diagnose your child here on the internet. It was just putting it out as something that jumped out at me, having ADD children myself. Hope it was ok and I didn't mean to lead you up the wrong path.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:22 pm
That was so kind of you to come back here with an update.
Thank you.
I hope people realize how important and valuable their input is here.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:40 pm
So happy for you! Hopefully the diagnosis will help you get her the help she needs to thrive.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:58 pm
Hi Op,
So glad you got your diagnosis, I hope it helps you work with your daughter. Just putting it out there but maybe check if she has symptoms of OSA. Obstructive Sleep Apnea makes it hard for kids to fall asleep and stay asleep and then they don't get food quality sleep and can't function at all. And it can look a lot like ADD! Not trying to mix in, just trying to give someone the benefit of my experience.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 10:39 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
OP I just read what I posted almost a year ago (I was the original poster who suggested ADD) and I'm cringing. I hope that what I wrote was ok, it wasnt my smartest idea to diagnose your child here on the internet. It was just putting it out as something that jumped out at me, having ADD children myself. Hope it was ok and I didn't mean to lead you up the wrong path.

No reason to apologize ! What you did really helped me see I was not the crazy one and made me go after neurologist and doing her the evaluation ! If it wasn’t from this group and people Like you here I would still be felling guilty that I’m not giving her enough limits and that why she behaves like that 🙄

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 10:40 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
YAY!

Knowing is half the battle. Your kid is not "labeled", you just have more info to get her the help she needs to be her best self.

Yes!!! Thank you all
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)