Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Rave about your orthodontist Lakewood
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 3:50 pm
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
what do people do if their child has terrible crooked teeth and also needs rubber bands but cant afford it? the cost for dd is 6500 and jersey care wont cover anything.

Payment plan

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 8:59 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
We see dr. Morrison in red bank. It’s a bit of a commute, but she’s airway informed and has a holistic, functional view on teeth, jaws, airway, spine and the rest of the body.
[b]

Emerald, do you know if dr Morrison. Tries to save adult teeth. My other ortho is telling me to remove 4 adult teeth bc of my child’s protruding jaw line and I can’t fathom doing it.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:12 pm
what do people do if their child has terrible crooked teeth and also needs rubber bands but cant afford it? the cost for dd is 6500 and jersey care wont cover anything.

I paid a large initial payment. And then monthly for 2 years.
I’m pretty sure had I negotiated the initial payment may have been less.

small bean

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:18 pm
would love if people can write prices please

One kid so far only got a pallet expander and I paid 2500, I think 3 years ago. Still waiting to see if she needs braces. We go back every year, no additional charge.

My other kid, had pallet expander and braces for 2 years, we paid a total of 6500.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:36 pm
We use dr rabinowitz by shore children dental I happen to have horizion omnia and they fought for my insutance to cover. I dont know about Jersey care. I use him for 2 kids bh happy a little far but they take us in right away and try to schedule with other appt like cavity and cleanings. No weekend or night appointments.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 9:45 pm
I used Friedman and couldn’t be happier. My daughter recently had her braces taken off. Dr Friedman is a real mench, the office staff is extremely friendly and pleasant and appointments were in and out - no long wait times.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 3:20 am
Peony - I can’t recommend anyone (don’t live there) but definitely sounds like it’s a good idea to get a second opinion.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 3:53 am
I was surprised that 2 of my kids had their braces completely covered through Jersey care. The staff at dr krugs office knows how to work with the insurance company. I would have paid if I had to because their teeth were so bad along with the bone structure of the mouth. I’m very grateful that krugs office knew what to tell the insurance company.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 4:28 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
[b]

Emerald, do you know if dr Morrison. Tries to save adult teeth. My other ortho is telling me to remove 4 adult teeth bc of my child’s protruding jaw line and I can’t fathom doing it.
It definitely doesn’t hurt trying, she does a free initial consult. In general, airway informed orthos are not in favor of pulling teeth because it makes a small mouth even smaller, which in turn compromises the airway even more (which ends up making the mouth smaller, it’s a vicious cycle) They are very much in favor of expanding the jaw by bringing the palate down and out. I can’t promise they can always save the situation, but she recommends myofunctional therapy which can help a lot, and our myofunctional therapist sent us for craniosacral therapy which can also help a ton. Morrison is airway informed and holistic but also uses traditional orthodontics. If you want someone holistic and airway informed and even more top notch you can see dr Barry Raphael. But he’s far from lkwd, and he’s $$$.

chilled123

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 8:11 am
I use Meryl A. Baurmash,DDS, Phone(848) 240-2429. She is located in Toms River. She has treated 6 of my kids. The ones finished (or finishing) look great. She was faculty at Penn Medicine for yrs. She was recommended to me by a physician friend. She takes every insurance I know of and her office manager Stacy manages to get the treatment covered. She even replaced my daughters retainer a few times for no fee. Feel free to PM me with specific questions. All the best Dassa
PS My kids have complicated teeth...congenitally missing some teeth etc
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics