Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is leopard print for frum women?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:37 pm
My bathrobe is leopard print. I love it. I have had several leopard print things over the years such as flats, pajama pants, and cardigans. At the moment I have a leopard print shirt and going anon for this one, leopard undies. But that is just because they were one of the colored options available last time I shopped. For sure leopard can be classy and tznius depending on the particular piece. For example my leopard flats paired nicely with a solid colored top/skirt but if I chose to wear the leopard print pj pants in public it wouldn't give off the classy/tznius vibe. Smile

mirror

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 10:38 pm
I know many people who wear it, except for the Rebbetzen of my shul. If you are the Rebbetzen of a shul, then ask your dh.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 11:29 pm
going-up wrote:
Also just out of curiosity is your husband your fashion advisor? Does he usually know what women are wearing. I don't think my husband would realize if even I would be wearing my clothes inside out or blue lipstick. But that's just him.

Not op but my DH is totally my fashion advisor. It’s not sooo crazy, not all men are clueless;)

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 12:06 am
Some things can't be quantified. Leopard print can be classy or trashy, depending on how it's worn. I've seen both on frum women. If you want a little zing in your wardrobe, try leopard print shoes or a scarf.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 12:12 am
I love leopard print and wear it all the time. So do all the frum women in my area. I never even thought about it.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 2:25 am
I don’t because I haven’t found any I liked. My 2yo has leopard print shoes and coat. Her shoes look adorable with her zebra print dress.
I love zebra print.
Animal prints are considered neutral. I like what they could add to an outfit.

chefmama

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 2:40 am
Oh I think leopard print looks very classy when worn right. To the op with the shoes, love love leopard print shoes!

Fox

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 2:46 am
Unless you're thinking of a whole fursuit, I'd go with a "yes" on leopard print.

If there is a chance you'll be approached by furries or coralled by animal control, then "no."

sequoia

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 2:53 am
Furries don’t approach random people.

Rappel

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 3:01 am
Fox wrote:
Unless you're thinking of a whole fursuit, I'd go with a "yes" on leopard print.

If there is a chance you'll be approached by furries or coralled by animal control, then "no."

Well, Fox would know LOL

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 4:45 am
My favorite scarf is a long silk leopard-print scarf, bought years ago when I could afford to shop at Nordstrom. I love it. I also have a leopard print top that I wear with a black skirt and jacket, and a muted leopard print (in shades of brown and gray) soft jacket that is currently hanging in my closet awaiting repair after it was attacked by a savage vacuum cleaner in a hotel and stripped of some of its buttons. I’ll wear it once I replace the buttons.

I love leopard print and other animal prints like zebra and tiger. The trick is to wear only small bits of it, in conservative styles, as a highlight to dress up a black or gray outfit. Too much doesn’t look good.

DrMom

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 6:06 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I love leopard print and other animal prints like zebra and tiger. The trick is to wear only small bits of it, in conservative styles, as a highlight to dress up a black or gray outfit. Too much doesn’t look good.

^^^ This

chmom

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 6:43 am
Of course!! I have leopard print booties, a leopard print coat in muted taupe/ black and a leopard print skirt
I love it

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 7:03 am
It depends on the community. I have a couple animal print items. I wouldn't wear my animal print skirts or tops in certain circles. I have muted leopard print shoes which I never wore yet. I would be ok wearing them with any of my friends.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 7:12 am
It's fine. I just wouldn't go all out and buy tons (I.e. dresses, sweaters, skirts etc)because it's super trendy and in a year or two will be dated. Although in limited amounts (like accessories not the main part of the outfit) it never goes out of style.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:14 am
I have a kate spade leopard print purse my sister has leopard print shoes

ectomorph

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:31 am
Fox wrote:

My husband has zero idea about frum style but he was horrified by the idea of me wearing leopard print. So I wouldn't get it. I don't mind if he stays blissfully conservative in how I dress - less work for me Smile
He also thinks leather is awful looking.

My own father was completely and totally oblivious and it always makes me laugh how my husband never notices anything and then will randomly take exception to a particular style.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:33 am
I'll be the voice of dissent here:
No, I don't wear leopard print. Or Zebra, or snake print.
I feel it's very attention-getting.
it sends a vibe of hey, I may be covered up but I've got a wild side.
I might make an exception for a pocketbook, scarf, or shoes.
But certainly not a whole dress.

My teen girls know my attitude towards this. They respect it. And BTW, I'm the Rebbetzin of my shul. Smile

trixx

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:40 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I'll be the voice of dissent here:
No, I don't wear leopard print. Or Zebra, or snake print.
I feel it's very attention-getting.
it sends a vibe of hey, I may be covered up but I've got a wild side.
I might make an exception for a pocketbook, scarf, or shoes.
But certainly not a whole dress.

My teen girls know my attitude towards this. They respect it. And BTW, I'm the Rebbetzin of my shul. Smile

OK but the rest of us can be Hot Chani

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:43 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
It's fine. I just wouldn't go all out and buy tons (I.e. dresses, sweaters, skirts etc)because it's super trendy and in a year or two will be dated. Although in limited amounts (like accessories not the main part of the outfit) it never goes out of style.

Animal prints have now become a classic and never seem to go out of style.

Of course, the actual STYLE will go out of style just as any color dress or accessory will go out of style.

I have animal prints going back to the 1980's and all the decades in between. Of course, I wouldn't wear the dresses or blouses anymore because the style is completely dated. Think silk charmeuse blouses with large shoulder pads for example. However some of the stuff was happily taken by some younger girls who loved the "retro" feel - or throwback as they now call it.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics