Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How much are apartments/houses in Israel?
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 4:16 am
I guess we wouldn't really need an international school, but one that was Anglo friendly because of our kids! I would love if they could keep their level of English and also would be an easier transition! But yes, of course we want a dati school.

Regarding price of housing, it also depends on how mortgage and financing works there. 2 bedrooms would be tight but could work for us, ideally a 3 bedroom apartment.The Herzliya Pituach neighborhood looked very nice but way out of our league, I only wish, lol!

We are open to where we would live, but the safer the better and given this pandemic it made me realize how important it is to live in a relatively small distance to a hospital. I wouldn't want to live in a city that didn't have one.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 4:26 am
Keep in mind that the kitchen/living/dining area is often quite small.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 4:58 am
Iymnok wrote:
Keep in mind that the kitchen/living/dining area is often quite small.

Totally agree.
And don't get me started about the non-existing machsan/storage room Banging head

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 5:24 am
Why don't you give us an idea of your budget, and what you are looking for? (Apartment/house/city/yeshuv).
In general, keep in mind that the more anglo the area, the more expensive.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 5:49 am
Coffee, olim don't generally go to international schools. You move to a town with lots of olim and schools that are set up to help them adjust, and send to those schools. I really think you should spend some time in different places in Israel to get a feel for neighborhoods.

I see that OP has disappeared. I hope she comes back with some specific criteria so we can be helpful.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:06 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Coffee, olim don't generally go to international schools. You move to a town with lots of olim and schools that are set up to help them adjust, and send to those schools. I really think you should spend some time in different places in Israel to get a feel for neighborhoods.

I see that OP has disappeared. I hope she comes back with some specific criteria so we can be helpful.

Agreed. She said she wanted her kids to retain a high level of English. IME, that comes from the home. We are very makpid on English and we live in a city with a very large anglo presence and my kids' level of English is very very high.

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:14 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Also, any city with an international school is more expensive, as it draws the type of successful professionals who can afford it. Even Yehuda, therefore, is a lot more expensive than you would expect a place in that location to be.

ETA - as far as I know, tuition for an international school is sky high. Otherwise, everyone would be registering.

I have some colleagues who send their kids to the Int'l school in Heriyah Pituach. They are all Americans (non-Jewish) who relocated to Israel for business for a few years and took their families with them.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:36 am
We send to English chug. Start in gan if it’s very important to you and have plenty of English books around.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:04 am
Sorry to derail your thread OP, but can anyone tell me how much a 4-room apartment would/might go for in Modi’in? From what I know, it’s an expensive place to live. We were going to make a pilot trip this summer, then corona came Sad my husband will be able to keep his job and we have substantial savings plus family help (although not sure if spending it all on housing would make much sense, but we want to be comfortable). Modi’in also seems to have people who are similar to us (we are a traditional Persian family).

TIA!

rivkam

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:40 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Sorry to derail your thread OP, but can anyone tell me how much a 4-room apartment would/might go for in Modi’in? From what I know, it’s an expensive place to live. We were going to make a pilot trip this summer, then corona came Sad my husband will be able to keep his job and we have substantial savings plus family help (although not sure if spending it all on housing would make much sense, but we want to be comfortable). Modi’in also seems to have people who are similar to us (we are a traditional Persian family).

TIA!

I dont know but you can look on yad2. Its a good idea to get on there and compare different areas just to get a feel of what you could get with your budget

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:46 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

TIA!

Modi'inite here. You're looking at anywhere between 1.9 to 2.5 million shekel plus for a 4 room (3 bedroom apartment) depending on your neighborhood. Cramim specifically is a newbie neighborhood, has a large Sephardi community and has apartments on the lower end of the range.

Basically, it's less expensive than Tel Aviv or Yerushalayim but it's still more expensive than a yishuv somewhere. Though we have 3 plus up and coming new neighborhoods and pricing is lowering a bit.

Rappel

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:09 am
Hey Coffee! Tell us more:

How many kids do you have? Ages? Do any have special needs/learning requirements?

Do you or DH have a profession that requires you to be on site anywhere? Learn Hebrew?

Are there any other amenities/community features which you really want where you live?

How is your Hebrew? Your kids?

What's your *realistic* range for renting or buying?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Modi'inite here. You're looking at anywhere between 1.9 to 2.5 million shekel plus for a 4 room (3 bedroom apartment) depending on your neighborhood.

For that price, there are many cities where you can get an attached house with a small yard.
Think Be'er Sheva, Afula, Hadera, Harish, Or Akiva, Nahariya, to name just a few.

They all have dati leumi communities, although far less anglos than Modiin of course.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 10:53 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
For that price, there are many cities where you can get an attached house with a small yard.
Think Be'er Sheva, Afula, Hadera, Harish, Or Akiva, Nahariya, to name just a few.

They all have dati leumi communities, although far less anglos than Modiin of course.

True, but those weren't places we wanted to live in. Also we were told specifically that Harish has terrible air quality. But for us we needed a very mixed city with religious and secular and Israelies and Anglos but with a big DL community that was close to Yerushalayim and had the amenities of a city. Modi'in fits that bill one hundred percent. It's kind of like living in the Five Towns.

And ironically, we have more of a chance of buying an apartment here than we did back home in the NYC area.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
True, but those weren't places we wanted to live in. Also we were told specifically that Harish has terrible air quality. But for us we needed a very mixed city with religious and secular and Israelies and Anglos but with a big DL community that was close to Yerushalayim and had the amenities of a city. Modi'in fits that bill one hundred percent. It's kind of like living in the Five Towns.

And ironically, we have more of a chance of buying an apartment here than we did back home in the NYC area.

My sister lives in Harish. She and BIL have a great DL community and importantly they were able to buy an apartment within their budget. I don’t know anything about air quality but I do know they seem to have a sense of community. It’s right off kvish shesh - the main highway in Israel so convenient to pretty much everywhere, close to the train in Hadera too.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 12:14 pm
Rappel wrote:
Hey Coffee! Tell us more:

How many kids do you have? Ages? Do any have special needs/learning requirements?

Do you or DH have a profession that requires you to be on site anywhere? Learn Hebrew?

Are there any other amenities/community features which you really want where you live?

How is your Hebrew? Your kids?

What's your *realistic* range for renting or buying?

We have a few kids, from infant to teens, no special needs requirements bh. DH's Hebrew is good , mine is meh, I can get by.

Professionally we don't have to be on site so that's an advantage.

By what I read here, looks like Modiin would be a good fit for us!

I think around 500k dollars would be possible to buy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions