Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How many [gentile woman] threads does it take to make you cringe?!
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 21 2008, 8:56 pm
My "[gentile woman]" actually immigrated from the Dominican Republic when she was 14 and went to high school here. She speaks a perfect (accented) English. SHe lives in queens. She has a six year old son she sends to private school. Nevermind the gold teeth and the shopping bags - she is simply 'domestic help'. She's awesome. She already started washing my walls for Pesach, without being asked to!

grin

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 11:18 pm
I just don't get it! You're living at the top of the world - have frumkeit, beautiful families, and domestic help, and you're making fun of her?! So she's not familiar with our culture (do you really expect that?); so she's not Jewish - she's still a human being, working hard to support her own family and making your life easier to boot. From what I've seen, they act respectful, too. Don't they deserve the same?

mimivan

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 11:53 pm
Sing everybody Music Music Bounce Bounce
I love Coffee,
I love tea
I love my [gentile woman] gal
and she loves me.

The way she scrubs,
the soap scum from the tubs
I'm just sorry she can't cook my grub,
oh yeah...

I love coffee
I love tea,
I love my [gentile woman] gal
and she loves me

A scrub, a scrub, a wipin' the tub...
I think my [gentile woman] gal is great!

(Disclaimer: For those of you who don't know my posts (not nary a [gentile woman] in sight...this is meant to be SATIRICAL Wink )

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 12:10 am
when I lived in the states,I had someone clean for me,I thought I would "help her out" by giving her handme downs for her kids.one day I was walking w/her to her car,and she owned a fully loaded 2005(when I lived in the states)suv.talking alarm,owns her own house,each kid was in private school (4kids) shepaid for it by cleaning houses shock
boy did I feel small LOL
just goes to show we learn something new everyday

CrunchyNotFlakey

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 5:33 pm
My cleaning woman is (can I say this?) a tzadeikis. She enables my family to have a clean home, and a peaceful erev shobbos. My kids are all taught to be very respectful of her. If they see her, they say "thank you for cleaning!"...which is about all the English she understands. LOL LOL

I bring her coffee if I'm home when she's working. (Lots of milk, super sweet, just like she likes it)

She cleans crayon off the walls, washes the hallway outside our apartment, and always finds my kids favorite lovey objects (doll, blanket, paci, whatever) and displays them prominently.

I don't really know her, but I love her. And I overpay her. If anyone in Riverdale or Manhattan needs a cleaning woman...

mimivan

Post Thu, Feb 12 2009, 6:48 pm
Akeres Habayis wrote:
when I lived in the states,I had someone clean for me,I thought I would "help her out" by giving her handme downs for her kids.one day I was walking w/her to her car,and she owned a fully loaded 2005(when I lived in the states)suv.talking alarm,owns her own house,each kid was in private school (4kids) shepaid for it by cleaning houses shock
boy did I feel small LOL
just goes to show we learn something new everyday

While I liked cruncynotflakys post about respecting her help...yes, alot of them do get paid quite well..
In E.Y the going rate is double (minumum) that of babysitting (which is the reason, if I need help before Pesach, it is much cheaper to pay someone to entertain the kids while I clean...

when I was a metapelet during Shana rishona, I think I should have swallowed my pride and should have been a cleaning lady..it pays double!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry