Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many hours of sleep did you get last night?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:32 am
Around 7 hours. I find my days too difficult when I have less. I snap at the kids more and my diet goes out the window. I need to lose weight so I try getting to sleep earlier. Less late night snacking Smile my youngest is 3.5 so I can get more sleep now bh

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:33 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Not strength, necessity. What would you do of you got less? If one night, you just couldn't sleep, or were up with a sick kid, and needed to take care of them the next day?
It happens. But on those days I usually need to take a nap, or I fall asleep even earlier the next night and sleep for 11 or 12 hours. I have always been like this. I can’t stay up late. I could wake up very early if needed but my “batteries” run out by 7 or 8 pm.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:34 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Around 7 hours. I find my days too difficult when I have less. I snap at the kids more and my diet goes out the window. I need to lose weight so I try getting to sleep earlier. Less late night snacking Smile my youngest is 3.5 so I can get more sleep now bh

Lol at my ima mother colour 😂 that's my favourite non diet snack lunch & supper! Lol

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:35 am
4 1/2 but it was interrupted at least 5-6 times so I’d estimate it to like 4 in total. That’s normal for me.....

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:35 am
I'm up since September 💤
(B"H for healthy babies!)

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:36 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Not strength, necessity. What would you do of you got less? If one night, you just couldn't sleep, or were up with a sick kid, and needed to take care of them the next day?

Of course this happens (hopefully not every night) but if we're well rested for the most part then this won't harm anyone much as they've 'stocked up' on good sleep already so a bad night here and there won't be as bad.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:53 am
So glad I’m not alone! (Though I wish you all more sleep!)
About 5 hrs last night. 3-8
My average is 4-6. Sometimes less...not counting interruptions

yehupitz

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:02 am
About 6 hours (yay!) with 6 interruptions.

BH for kids.

BH for coffee.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:09 am
Between 6.5 and 7. Second night in a row I slept through the night. That shouldn't be a feat, but it is.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:28 am
5 and a half. I went to sleep 2:00. 3 year old woke me at 3 and was up till 4:00. Then he woke at 7:30, and I dozed till 8:30.
The night before as I was getting ready to go to sleep at 2:00 he woke up and literally cried every hour till 5:00. This is something new, he used to sleep beautifully through the night.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:31 am
Maybe 6. Not enough. I've been trying to get to bed earlier (before midnight) but stayed up late trying to get a kitchen plan revision out for a client and putting together a cabinet order for a different client. Got the plan out close to 1 AM and couldn't keep my eyes open, so need to finish the cab order now.

Coffee, coffee...

banana123

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:34 am
Went to bed at 12:30/1, but slept with baby from about 1:30 until the alarm started ringing at 6:30.
Woke up 2-3 times in the middle of the night.

I'm exhausted.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:37 am
5.5 hours. from 1:30 - 7. My own stupid fault for going to sleep so late. But my husband is away on a business trip so bedtime gets very late.
If I sleep less than 5 hours I don't function, I must have a nap. 5.5 is also far from ideal. If I sleep for 7 hours I'm a different person. But my usual norm is 6 - 6.5

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:10 am
I had about 9 hours last night bh, with one kid interruption and a handful of my own- pregnant now and always need the bathroom and have dreams.
Ideally I need minimum 8 hours of straight sleep to feel rested, but honestly haven't gotten that on a regular basis since before kids- about 11.5 years ;-)... My average is 7-8 hours with a many interruptions from kids bh.
I don't think I can manage sanely with the amount of hours you ladies get! Or even my DH, he gets on average 4-6 hours each night...

polka dots

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:11 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I think it just proves my weakness . I can’t function on less than 8.5 hours. If I sleep less than that I am a dysfunctional crazy person. So you guys are all proving your “strength” to be able to survive 3-5 hours and function.

Doesn’t prove a weakness at all. I think it proves an amazing strength. You are aware of what your body needs. You are able to set boundaries and limit other things in order to give your body its needs. It takes a lot of strength and self control to get into bed on time (of course it’s not always possible).
Not everyone that sleeps little it’s because they are so busy that they can’t sleep 8 hours. For many women it’s not structuring their day well or spending too much time on their phones or watching movies and they don’t get to bed on time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:18 am
Anyone ready for a nap? Yawn

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:22 am
I have a newborn Bh.. what does sleep mean?? What What What What
I think about 4 hours broken up and yes I’m a zombie

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:36 am
So many sleep-deprived people (and zombies) — this whole thread needs a hug button!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:42 am
Another mom of a newborn here . I think I slept from 12-3. After that baby was up nursing, burping , crying until 6. Then other kids were up . I need a nap but my cleaning lady cancelled today so ...

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:42 am
3. I don't know how I'll get through the day.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics