Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How to make 3yr old gluten and dairy free?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 8:02 pm
I hear you OP.

For you without your husband on board it must be really tough. I’m not sure how to address that aspect.
As for understanding the wish to avoid gluten and dairy I get it. In the US the dairy and bread is not the same as in other countries. I doubt Id have issues in Europe and Israel with these products.
As for the husband aspect and dealing with him not understanding I can share that theres a healthy food person I follow whose husband was not on board at all. I find her attitude really helpful. I’ll try look it up.

Also honestly it was much easier to keep my kids off gluten and dairy when they were younger than it is now. Now that they are older I have given up the effort. They themselves feel the difference and they make their choices.

I’m sorry others seem to hear your extremism instead of the point.
What Ive learned is that its not black and white. And although ideally it would be best to have none , even limitations are good.
So I fill my house with the healthier stuff. Goat milk and cheese for dairy and sourdough and home made bread - which has less preservatives.
Yes ,some times its hard and I fail. But keep trying again. Ive learned not to eliminate but provide the healthier and hopefully they'll fill up on those. With a 3 yr old theres far less pressure than school age kids . Its really hard with older schoolage. I no longer feel like an alien bc Ive basically just surrendered and given in. Outside of the house I have no control.
Even for myself once I’m back on gluten its harder to come off. …

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 8:03 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
It’ll be interesting to see where it goes. But people with sick kids don’t have the luxury of sitting back and watching the show unfold. They have to do what they can with the information they have. And fwiw, nobody is saying that diet and energy cures everything. Again, it’s a whole lot more complex than that. But gut health is a really good place to start. And current science backs that. I personally don’t think that’s going anywhere, I think science will just build on that.

You’re basically saying that exactly. Claiming to know the cure to cancer and autism, two things that have the entire medical community stumped, billions of dollars of research invested, and so many brilliant minds trying to figure out, is really quite delusional.
Will you even take chemo of chv you or a family member was diagnosed with cancer?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 8:11 pm
What kind of auto-immune disorders are we talking about here?
OP would you say which ones you suffer from and how much your diet helps?
I'm asking because my son was just diagnosed with one and no one recommended changing/eliminating things from his diet. I'm curious to hear more.

Also what comes first- Does gluten cause gluten sensitivity/celiac or does a gluten sensitivity/celiac flare up from gluten?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 8:18 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
You’re basically saying that exactly. Claiming to know the cure to cancer and autism, two things that have the entire medical community stumped, billions of dollars of research invested, and so many brilliant minds trying to figure out, is really quite delusional.
Will you even take chemo of chv you or a family member was diagnosed with cancer?
I didn’t make that claim. And the medical community is not as stumped as you think they are, for sure not about causes, it’s just that the wheels of medicine grind exceedingly slow, and also that the current model is extremely myopic. Whatever I did claim I’ve seen with my own eyes, but glad you decided I’m delusional. FWIW one of my kids has actually been on heavy duty chemo and is actually at risk for secondary cancers from the chemo, so I spend quite a bit of time researching this.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
Eating a healthy diet is just hishtadlut. It's not a guarantee. My pediatrician is very very vocal about how junky even the healthy foods are. He overheard his PA suggesting oatly milk to a patient and he pulled her aside and explained to her that it's not a great milk substitute as it contains a ton of veg oil! He has MS and he doesn't think the diet will heal him, but it does reduce some of the more painful symptoms.

And he has saved quite a few lives by working through the diet.

It may not affect everyone, but it's fair to say that some people really do need and benefit from diet.
Has your pedi read Terry Wahls’s book?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics