Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which company slippers is the best
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:09 pm
Amarante wrote:
Wearing tights all the time is potentially very unhealthy because the genitalia should nit be enclosed in synthetic materials for such long period of times. There are knee socks which are absorbent and let the body breathe

Many women wear tights all the time without any problems. No one sleeps with tights, it's not like they're wearing it 24/7.

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:17 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Many women wear tights all the time without any problems. No one sleeps with tights, it's not like they're wearing it 24/7.

The thought of wearing pantyhose in my own home is horrible. When I have to wear them, they are the first thing that comes off after the shoes. Very Happy

Of course not all women get sick from wearing them but advice from gynecologists is that creating the kind of moist environment can potentially create a good environment for infections and fungal to flourish. Couple that with wearing pantyhose in hot weather when most people are letting as much of their body breathe and evaporate.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:26 pm

I was told to be careful about this by my gyno but have never had a problem. Some women are more prone to problems based on their biology it’s not an across the board recommendation.

Wearing tights and shapewear can cause heartburn and acid reflux but I still wear.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:29 pm
OP, I think a backless slipper is best. I usually can’t wear for more than an hour or two without sweating. I swap them with other slippers. Have you tried the grippy socks which can be washed more often?

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:36 pm
Odelyah wrote:
then why can't she wear over the knee cotton socks and a long skirt in the house? It is for her health. You don't want her to get a fungal infection.

Cuz she's in uniform most of the day. When she comes home she has to change, and then again into her nightgown. I was the same way as a teen. Now my tights come off almost together with my shoes.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:47 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Cuz she's in uniform most of the day. When she comes home she has to change, and then again into her nightgown. I was the same way as a teen. Now my tights come off almost together with my shoes.

Why does she need to wear any shoes at home?

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:50 pm

yeah but OP's daughter has a problem with her feet sweating excessively. This can lead to fungal foot infections. even if many people are fine with tights for that many hours it doesn't seem like a great idea for her.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

are you Canadian? Wink

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:52 pm

I cannot walk around without shoes on. I need something on my feet. Not everyone like to walk around barefoot.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:54 pm
Odelyah wrote:
are you Canadian? Wink

Nope, but I have accepted the minhag. My family’s shoes come off as soon as we walk in the door.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:54 pm
tweety1 wrote:

she doesn't want to change into cotton high socks when she changes out of her uniform? I can't imagine she enjoys the feeling of sweaty feet. maybe if you tell her it's healthier for her and more comfortable to wear socks when she is home for the evening, at least on nights she's not planning to go out again?

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:55 pm
Nope, but I have accepted the minhag. My family’s shoes come off as soon as we walk in the door.

haha ours too Smile

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:56 pm
I cannot walk around without shoes on. I need something on my feet. Not everyone like to walk around barefoot.

Interesting. I’m curious how many people wear shoes at home. I think this calls for a spin off.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:57 pm
They probably sweat a lot because she's a teenager. In a year or two, when her hormones regulate it should calm down.
But cotton socks are definitely better and more absorbent for sweaty feet than nylon tights. Maybe you could buy her thigh high/over the knee cotton socks to wear at home, at least. I've bought these on amazon.
Actually uggs are better for sweaty feet, since there is a fur lining and not polyester or man made fabrics which is what most slippers are probably lined with which definitely contributes to sweaty feet. Plastic is the worst, so crocs as well as natives absolutely would make her feet sweat.
That said, ugg slippers are very pricey and I doubt you want to spend $100 on a pair of slippers for her.

iluvy

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:01 pm
Soludos espadrille slippers won't make her sweat at all

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:04 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
They probably sweat a lot because she's a teenager. In a year or two, when her hormones regulate it should calm down.
But cotton socks are definitely better and more absorbent for sweaty feet than nylon tights. Maybe you could buy her thigh high/over the knee cotton socks to wear at home, at least. I've bought these on amazon.
Actually uggs are better for sweaty feet, since there is a fur lining and not polyester which is what most slippers are probably lined with which definitely contributes to sweaty feet. Plastic is the worst, so crocs absolutely would make her feet sweat.
That said, ugg slippers are very pricey and I doubt you want to spend $100 on a pair of slippers for her.

I bought bearpaw slippers for my daughters on sale for chanuka and they are very happy with them and they look like very good quality. but again, with tights I don't think it would make much difference about the slippers.

I have cotton over the knee socks from double header.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:10 pm
The only boots or slippers I never, ever sweat in, no matter how hot I get are Uggs. Even with tights.
It's a difference with the quality of materials, and even though the look alike less expensive brands look the same, it's not the same quality.
But I spent the money because I basically live in them for several months of the year, and they last for years.
I don't think I'd spend the money on a kid or teen who still has growing feet, though.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
The only boots or slippers I never, ever sweat in, no matter how hot I get are Uggs. Even with tights.
It's a difference with the quality of materials, and even though the look alike less expensive brands look the same, it's not the same quality.
But I spent the money because I basically live in them for several months of the year, and they last for years.
I don't think I'd spend the money on a kid or teen who still has growing feet, though.

that's why I got the bearpaws for my girls-- they look very good and are also made of real sheep fleece.

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:25 pm
About the tights concerns- there are cotton tights available, even organic ones.

Here's just one example:

https://www.zappos.com/pact-or.....black

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:11 pm
I buy imitation Birkenstocks for DD at Target:
https://www.target.com/p/women.....61424
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics