Home

#WalkAway movement
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Fox

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:30 pm
b.chadash wrote:
This is very interesting, but how does that even work? And can you point me to any examples of gay conservatives who openly admit that homosexuality is wrong?

And I completely agree with the rest of your post. Very, very well said.

It's kind of a thing among Roman Catholics. I'd have to look up some names. Some choose to be celibate and others choose to be in committed relationships because they feel they will sin less in that context.

I don't know the details, but I understand that Amb. Ric Grenell and his partner, who consider themselves "imperfect Christians" have chosen not to legally marry because they don't feel it would be a "real" marriage.

However, they have a great dog named Lola, and to the best of my knowledge, neither knits.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:46 pm
b.chadash wrote:
I actually have no idea what fox news or the polls are saying. I stopped checking or believing in polls since 2016.
In 2016, when there were still 16 republican candidates running for president, Dh said he thinks Trump will win and he will be a great president. I said, ANYONE- literally ANYONE
BUT Donald Trump, please! I couldnt imagine that DT would beat out all these other eminently electable people, but if he c"v did, he was sure to lose in the general election. . I backed up my assertion by pointing to the polls- look, if you put Hillary or Sanders against the republican candidates, DT doesn't stand a chance! So we are better off electing someone who can beat the democratic candidate.
Anyway, I was totally wrong...Along with all the people who put their faith in the polls. Since then I don't believe in polls. I dont know if they just dont work anymore, or because when you throw in a wildcard like DT, polls are simply irrelevant.

You’d think most people would’ve realized this by now...but I guess some have to fool themselves into believing any of their pathetic candidates stand a chance against the most successful president in US history....whatever gets them through the day. LOL

FranticFrummie

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:40 pm
Fox, if you are knitterphobic, you can unfriend me right now! I will not listen to any more of your hateful and bigoted anti-knitting rhetoric.

Rights for knitters!
We're not quitters!

We also crochet, but we're not gay
We won't go away!

I'll bet you don't believe in String Theory, either.

lilies

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:58 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

LOL

b.chadash

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:06 pm
Fox wrote:
It's kind of a thing among Roman Catholics. I'd have to look up some names. Some choose to be celibate and others choose to be in committed relationships because they feel they will sin less in that context.

I don't know the details, but I understand that Amb. Ric Grenell and his partner, who consider themselves "imperfect Christians" have chosen not to legally marry because they don't feel it would be a "real" marriage.

However, they have a great dog named Lola, and to the best of my knowledge, neither knits.

I wonder if it's a "thing" for religous gay people to marry lesbians, for the purpose of having children and a "regularc life. Both would know what they are in for, so neither would feel cheated

b.chadash

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:07 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Fox, if you are knitterphobic, you can unfriend me right now! I will not listen to any more of your hateful and bigoted anti-knitting rhetoric.

Rights for knitters!
We're not quitters!

We also crochet, but we're not gay
We won't go away!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

malki2

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:38 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Just curious, how do y'all feel about gay and transgender Trump supporters? There are a lot of conservatives in the LGBTQ community who get a lot of hate from "their own people". Do you think you can coalition build with them, or is that taking things too far? I think you have to be pretty brave to be out, proud, queer, and Republican or conservative.

Just curious, what’s with you and the gays? Seriously, I’m really curious.

banana123

Post  Fri, Feb 14 2020, 3:28 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Just curious, how do y'all feel about gay and transgender Trump supporters? There are a lot of conservatives in the LGBTQ community who get a lot of hate from "their own people". Do you think you can coalition build with them, or is that taking things too far? I think you have to be pretty brave to be out, proud, queer, and Republican or conservative.

I think it's completely de-legitimizing and downright abusive and wrong to treat people as self-hating traitors just because they don't agree with you on politics.

Politics is not about just one issue. You can be gay and support Republican policy on everything but LGBT issues. That doesn't mean it's legitimate to hate you for it.

It's like calling a woman who believes in putting children's rights first before women's rights a self-hating woman. It's wrong, it's verbal abuse, and it's not true.

So how do I feel about gay and transgender Trump supporters? Kudos to them for not being afraid of the abuse that comes with not towing the line.

The real question is how do I feel about those who condition acceptance on agreement to put aside your opinion in favor of what the group agenda is.

Mayflower

Post  Fri, Feb 14 2020, 4:39 am
banana123 wrote:
I think it's completely de-legitimizing and downright abusive and wrong to treat people as self-hating traitors just because they don't agree with you on politics.

You mean like when people call frum Bernie supporters self hating jews?

banana123

Post  Fri, Feb 14 2020, 5:04 am
Mayflower wrote:
You mean like when people call frum Bernie supporters self hating jews?

Yeah, just about.

You don't de-legitimize a person's very identity and essence because they don't think the same way as you do.

Some people are legit self-hating Jews. They are thankfully not nearly as numerous as Bernie's supporters.
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h