Home

Global entry in NY

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

fleetwood

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:51 am
https://www.foxnews.com/politi.....rkers

I hope Cuomo and Trump come to an agreement today. I would hate to lose this privilege when traveling.

meeze

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:53 am
According to dansdeals.com, you could still use it if you have it for the next few years until you need to renew.

fleetwood

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 12:06 pm
Yes. But I'm up for renewal soon😭

Jeanette

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 1:24 pm
fleetwood wrote:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-to-meet-with-trump-over-trusted-traveler-program-enrollment-ban-for-new-yorkers

I hope Cuomo and Trump come to an agreement today. I would hate to lose this privilege when traveling.

How do you feel about Trump being unilaterally able to deny benefits to the residents of an entire state because he's angry with their legislators?

Are we heading to a future where there's one set of rights for red states and another for blue states?

Will residents of blue states feel pressured to vote R to avoid getting punished?

Jeanette

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 1:45 pm
And Trump just made it explicit: he is conditioning benefits to states on stopping all lawsuits and investigations of him.

What else should Trump be allowed to withhold from states that don't toe his line?

Quote:
I’m seeing Governor Cuomo today at The White House. He must understand that National Security far exceeds politics. New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits & harrassment, start cleaning itself up, and lowering taxes. Build relationships, but don’t bring Fredo!

Sebastian

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 2:03 pm
Jeanette the state is denying the feds access to the record they need to grant the passes. What do you expect would happen?

I'm not a trump fan but I dont think he s wrong here. I think giving drivers licenses to illegals is idiotic

Jeanette

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 2:06 pm
Then why is he demanding that NY State stop all investigations and lawsuits against him? Doesn't that belie the claim that this is a simple matter of enforcement?

Sebastian

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 2:13 pm
Where did he say he would put back global entry if they stop the lawsuits. I'm not seeing that anywhere

fleetwood

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 2:15 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Jeanette the state is denying the feds access to the record they need to grant the passes. What do you expect would happen?

I'm not a trump fan but I dont think he s wrong here. I think giving drivers licenses to illegals is idiotic

Not true. Anyone applying will have their records available to homeland security

Jeanette

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 2:17 pm
It would not be the first time that Trump's lawyers argue in court that Trump's tweets should be ignored as they have no bearing on policy. Trumpers want to have it both ways--that he can govern by Tweet but that his tweets can also be ignored when inconvenient.

Sebastian

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 2:31 pm
Not a trumpet and I hate his tweets

fleetwood

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 4:21 pm
Cuomo is willing to give them access to records of all applicants. He doesn't think it'll help reverse the ban,bec the reason for the ban is vengeance,not lack of access to dmv records. Seems like the President carries a grudge against New York,Bec he didn't carry our state in 2016 and probably won't in 2020.

Jeanette

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:20 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Cuomo is willing to give them access to records of all applicants. He doesn't think it'll help reverse the ban,bec the reason for the ban is vengeance,not lack of access to dmv records. Seems like the President carries a grudge against New York,Bec he didn't carry our state in 2016 and probably won't in 2020.

The reason for the ban is that Trump realizes he faces criminal prosecution in NYS for all his scams and tax evasion. "Acquittal" by the Senate gave him a newfound sense of invincibility. He thinks he can bully the state of NY and get away with it.

pause

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:21 pm
I, for one, wish the liberals would start cleaning up NYS. I am done with their idiotic progressive policies.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h