Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
NY Jewish schools closed due to potential case of COVID-19
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 12:09 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
Said tehilim !
I think it’s scary that they don’t know how he was exposed .

It's actually pretty simple. He commutes to Manhattan everyday. He almost certainly picked it up from someone on the train. Whoever he caught it from either didn't get get sick, or didn't get sick enough to seek medical attention, so we just don't know the exact source, but it didn't come from nowhere. Someone already had it, he was just the first person to get sick enough to be diagnosed.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 1:06 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
It's actually pretty simple. He commutes to Manhattan everyday. He almost certainly picked it up from someone on the train. Whoever he caught it from either didn't get get sick, or didn't get sick enough to seek medical attention, so we just don't know the exact source, but it didn't come from nowhere. Someone already had it, he was just the first person to get sick enough to be diagnosed.

On the radio they said he has a respitory pre existing condition so that could have also exasperated it.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 1:14 pm
He has two kids I’m seminary in Israel
One I’m a college In nyc
And one child at sar I’m the Bronx
Wds and wta School’s closed volunteer ly
Today the young Israel of new Rochelle had a mommy and me class parents were unaware

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
He has two kids I’m seminary in Israel
One I’m a college In nyc
And one child at sar I’m the Bronx
Wds and wta School’s closed volunteer ly
Today the young Israel of new Rochelle had a mommy and me class parents were unaware

Do you know which college?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:08 pm
News 12 of Westchester does not say
They continue to show the building of young isreal of newrochelle in the news the shul he belonged to

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:10 pm
Local news says because Orthodox Jews eat together and have play dates together they closed the schools
News12.com

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Local news says because Orthodox Jews eat together and have play dates together they closed the schools
News12.com

There is an overlap in the parent body of the schools closed. Plus they all serve the same communities, so a kid from WTA will come home and have a playdate with a kid from WDS or SAR.

They also cancelled kids programs at the Spuyten Duyvill library today.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:26 pm
His wife
Sar student
And child in college is quarantined at home
My senior group at newrochelle young isreal is not cancelled for tomorrow

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:27 pm
Where is that librairy located?

keym

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:28 pm
BREAKING: Two Students At Yeshiva University With Suspected Coronavirus – One Is Son of Man In Serious Condition

Sorry. From YWN.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

That's exactly why it's frightening. People can be infecting others while showing no symptoms themselves.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
he is a member of young isreal of New rochelle he did not go to shul last week
I got this email from the shul

That shul is currently closed.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:53 pm
I’m
A member and did not receive an email
Yet

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To say Tehilim for him. https://new.tehilimyahad.com/m.....ImA7I

Bumping for p. 2

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 4:23 pm
Channel 4 news in ny says the shul is closed people who attended two events at the shul should self quarantined they said the two dates on the news one date might have been feb 22 and a barmitzvah

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 4:31 pm
A Yeshiva University student has been quarantined in his family’s suburban home with symptoms of coronavirus after his father tested positive for the deadly disease, officials said said Tuesday.

The man’s wife and another child, who attends a private Jewish school in Riverdale, are also isolated in the house in New Rochelle but haven’t shown any symptoms, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ny...../amp/

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 5:31 pm
a conservative shul a few blocks from the young isreal of new rochelle canceled their senior program
for tomorrow beth el

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
That's exactly why it's frightening. People can be infecting others while showing no symptoms themselves.

Add on the fact that the symptoms can look like just the flu or a bad cold and I'm sure that he could have passed people who just figured they were just a bit under the weather.

I know someone who was at the doctor for a sore throat last week, tested negative for strep, just seems to still be knocked out by a bad cold. I wasn't worrying about it because - well, kids and winter, right? And it's not like there were any cases in the US at that point. But now that I know this is in NY...no fever, so I'm sure everything's okay IM"H, but still...

:-(

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:05 pm
The local kosher supermarket is giving free delivery’s to all who are quarantined

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:34 pm
keym wrote:
BREAKING: Two Students At Yeshiva University With Suspected Coronavirus – One Is Son of Man In Serious Condition

Sorry. From YWN.

I read the breaking news It’s confusing. It seems in the article that it is only one student.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics