Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why is there still a crisis
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:51 pm
crust wrote:
There is still a crisis because Dr. Zelenko is not the only doctor in the USA so there are many opinions on this and because there is not enough of this medicine.

The news of the medications came from a drug trial in France, not from Dr. Zelenko in Monroe.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:53 pm
A BODY THAT IS IN AGONY CAN SOMETIMES INHIBIT THE IMMUNE SYSTEM FROM WORKING ALTOGETHER.

Sometimes giving the body relief from certain symptons like inflammation or pain can actually help the body's own immune system kick in to eradicate the virus. That is why certain drugs are prescribed for COVID19. (forgive my spelling. grammar.)

(I for example take zinc for allergy to alleviate wheezing. Does it take away the allergy?
no. But proper breathing helps the immune system.)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There's a doctor who came up with way to treat caronavirus so that it doesnt escalate to hospitalization. Did you hear about it? So why are people worried scared etc...and why are people still getting very sick?

It's not a crisis anymore! Trump even said so. And he discovered the malaria pills and cured everybody's sickness. Nobody is sick anymore! It's a miracle. Back to your regular programming.

And if your loved one gets sick or dies, well sorry it happens. People get sick and die! They die of flu, they die of car accidents, they die of gunshot wounds (which we also cant prevent). But the main thing is that Trump stopped this corona virus in its tracks.

Maybe your loved one was just old. Or had other health issues. Or smoked. Or whatever. Don't blame Trump!

And for those doctors and nurses on the front lines working without masks or gowns, oh well. You knew what you signed up for! Maybe if the governors of your states weren't so incompetent they'd get you ventilators. And PPE. But don't blame Trump! You should praise him because he found the cure and stopped the corona epidemic all by himself.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
The malaria pills are the same as the arthritis pills (hydroxychloroquine).
And azithromicin are the strep pills.

And as Dr. Zelenko said on Hannity today, they're not candy but have to be properly administered, at the right time, before hospitalization is necessary.

crust

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:12 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
The news of the medications came from a drug trial in France, not from Dr. Zelenko in Monroe.

The thing that he came up with is the cocktail and the idea to give it to people before they need to be hospitalized.

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:17 pm
I read that two people in Africa overdosed on chloroquine. Needlessly.

And that the price of the medicine there escalated a hundredfold after this miracle cure was publicized.

Halevai the answer should be so simple.

Last edited by imasinger on Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
And as Dr. Zelenko said on Hannity today, they're not candy but have to be properly administered, at the right time, before hospitalization is necessary.

Anyone who took it and got better were going to get better, anyway. Correlation DOES NOT equal causation!
Like when I gave a lollipop to my 3 year old with an ear infection, and he got better shortly after. Did that lollipop cure him?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Anyone who took it and got better were going to get better, anyway. Correlation DOES NOT equal causation!
Like when I gave a lollipop to my 3 year old with an ear infection, and he got better shortly after. Did that lollipop cure him?

Was it being given to everyone who tested positive or people who were more likely to suffer respiratory distress?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Correlation does not equal causation, but a doctor with a lot of patients has more information and can assume a causative link.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:22 pm
Unfortunately, the medication seems to be helping those who need it least....

Thinking it is a miracle cure cross the board is very small minded thinking and is being used as a reason for people who are not cooperating.

pause

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:33 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Just reminding you all that a SN is anonymous as well.

Anyone remember MagentaYenta?

Yeah, and it was pretty obvious since day one that she wasn't frum.

Laiya

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:43 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Really? How do you know this?

The Israeli pharma company Teva will be donating 10 million doses to the US, so someone's optimistic.

Eta. It's true that no large-scale studies have been published (from what I've read). It seems the optimism is based on individual doctors' anecdotal success using it off-label, as well as the small French study. New York doctors who prescribe it for treating coronavirus will be included in a large study going forward.

Last edited by Laiya on Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
The malaria pills are the same as the arthritis pills (hydroxychloroquine).
And azithromicin are the strep pills.

I got azithromycin for my cough and I feel better now.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:48 pm
A man in Arizona just died from taking it and his wife is in critical condition. Please nobody take this without medical supervision. Apparently they can cause deadly arrhythmias.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:11 pm
WhatFor wrote:
A man in Arizona just died from taking it and his wife is in critical condition. Please nobody take this without medical supervision. Apparently they can cause deadly arrhythmias.

From what I read he self medicated. It doesn’t sound like he took the right thing either though I may be misreading. He was not under a drs care

naomi2

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:42 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Giving a mashal does not make your speculation true.
Dr Zelenko only recommends giving the drugs to people who were exhibiting shortness of breath or were immunocompromised or old. This medication works best before the illness progresses too much. You assume that all those people would have gotten better without medication. How can you make that assumption? Coronavirus gets progressively worse over time as the lungs are attacked and pneumonia can develop. Also, he treated 500 patients and not one needed to be intubated or hospitalized. Assuming they went to him to be treated because they were symptomatic because I don't think the whole KY got tested without showing symptoms. Even with a conservative estimate of a deathrate of 1 percent, he should have had 5 deaths and many more hospitalizations and yet he had none. That is statistically significantly.

Last edited by naomi2 on Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

crust

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:45 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Giving a mashal does not make your speculation true.
Dr Zelenko only recommends giving the drugs to people who were exhibiting shortness of breath or were immunocompromised or old. This medication works best before the illness progresses too much. Also he treated 500 patients and not one needed to be intubated or hospitalized. Assuming they went to him to be treated because they were symptomatic. Even with a concervative estimate of a deathrate of 1 percent, he should have had 5 deaths and many more hospitalizations and yet he had none. That is statistically significantly.

Can you please provide a link to this. Ty

naomi2

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:47 pm
crust wrote:
Can you please provide a link to this. Ty

I heard him interviewed on Hannity today. I don't have an internet link

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 8:56 pm
I don't think that Dr Zelenko is ready to tell the public to get rid of the precautions until there is a reliable supply of the medication as well as the other antiviral medicine being tested. It is encouraging that he was successful with his protocol.

Learning

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:16 pm
pause wrote:
Yeah, and it was pretty obvious since day one that she wasn't frum.

Who is sn and who is magenta yenta?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics