Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Message from Frum Orlando ER Doctor
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:04 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I said the same thing with so many people going everyday to pick up free meals for their kids and stand online for hours

People got tickets for $25 round trip and Villa rentals were super cheap.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:05 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
How did they get there ? Flying would mean infecting everyone on the plane and they cant possibly drive for so long without stopping at rest areas to use the bathroom...

I don't know- I have used my children's potty when we go berry/apple picking and I don't want to use the out/house public bathroom.
If we assume they drive straight (mom and dad switching, it is possible that they were able to wait to move bowels, males used trees and females used the potty.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:08 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I don't know- I have used my children's potty when we go berry/apple picking and I don't want to use the out/house public bathroom.
If we assume they drive straight (mom and dad switching, it is possible that they were able to wait to move bowels, males used trees and females used the potty.

Yet they drove all the way to Florida on 1 tank of gas. I don't think so.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
How did they get there ? Flying would mean infecting everyone on the plane and they cant possibly drive for so long without stopping at rest areas to use the bathroom...

Ok so you're nitpicking now, arent you. So they stopped at a rest area and possibly infected the entire region. With masks and gloves. Because im sure you haven't taken your trash out, that would mean touching the doorknob. I mean I didn't so neither should you. Can't Believe It

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Morally? I know two people that went and rented large private villas. They are coming from 2 bedroom Brooklyn apartments and couldnt do it anymore, one with 5 children and one with three . They are fully quarantined (separately) in a private house, and brought food. how does that affect anyone ? You sound jealous.

Because they are NOT fully quarantined. They are walking around and going into stores WITHOUT EVEN MASKS.
Shame on them for caring only about themselves and putting other people at risk

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:11 am
There are many daily cheap flights to Orlando and no they don’t social distance on the plane
Some are requiring masks. They are allowing people to fly no questions asked!

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:11 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Ok so you're nitpicking now, arent you. So they stopped at a rest area and possibly infected the entire region. With masks and gloves. Because im sure you haven't taken your trash out, that would mean touching the doorknob. I mean I didn't so neither should you. Can't Believe It

I'm not nitpicking I'm trying to understand how people are justifying this trip . Why cant I touch the doorknob to my own house ?? Who exactly am I infecting besides for my own family members??

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:13 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

How can you say that they're in full quarantine if they are stopping at rest areas and shopping in stores in Florida? That's not exactly being in quarantine .

amother
Floralwhite

amother [ Peach ] wrote:

Nobody else is touching her personal door knob.
Btw, my relative who lives in Miami says there's a slightly different strain of covid there in Florida that has been traced to visitors from NY. It's a worse strain, too.

amother
Peach

amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Yet they drove all the way to Florida on 1 tank of gas. I don't think so.

Fcol whats wrong with people today? So if they stop for gas does it become illegal, immoral, or what? Why the jealousy? Can't Believe It

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:14 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

Besides, if I did live in an apartment building I would make sure to wear a mask and gloves when taking out the trash and taking out the trash is essential . Going to florida for vacation is not essential!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:14 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Fcol whats wrong with people today? So if they stop for gas does it become illegal, immoral, or what? Why the jealousy? Can't Believe It

The point is call a spade a spade. They aren't self isolating. Also see my post above.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:15 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I'm not nitpicking I'm trying to understand how people are justifying this trip . Why cant I touch the doorknob to my own house ?? Who exactly am I infecting besides for my own family members??

Ok so I live in apt building, I actually have to infect several households each time I take the trash out. So I use gloves, but apparently it's not enough

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:16 am
Nobody else is touching her personal door knob.
Btw, my relative who lives in Miami says there's a slightly different strain of covid there in Florida that has been traced to visitors from NY. It's a worse strain, too.

Thank you new Yorkers for bringing a worse strain to miami .

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Ok so I live in apt building, I actually have to infect several households each time I take the trash out. So I use gloves, but apparently it's not enough

Taking out the trash is essential . Going to florida on vacation when we were specifically asked not to by rabbanim and drs .. that's just wrong and very much not as essential as taking out the trash.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:19 am
The point is call a spade a spade. They aren't self isolating. Also see my post above.

Of course they're not . They're flying or driving and stopping at rest areas . Once they're in Florida they go our for essentials and infecting ppl there . But dont you worry !! Once they've done all that they will make sure to stay in their villas. They are really making a sacrifice by staying indoors and swimming all day. Forget how they got there . That doesnt matter . Banging head

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
There are many daily cheap flights to Orlando and no they don’t social distance on the plane
Some are requiring masks. They are allowing people to fly no questions asked!

I just checked google flights and the prices are not cheap

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Besides, if I did live in an apartment building I would make sure to wear a mask and gloves when taking out the trash and taking out the trash is essential . Going to florida for vacation is not essential!
apparently its not essential for you (assuming from your post). Neither is it essential for me, im stuck here in Brooklyn (id rather be stuck in fla but oh well). But there is no way for you to know how essential it is for anyone else
For people with young kids in small apts it can be worse than an alcoholic without his alcohol. If you can only think in quarantine thoughts... I see that those in such situations tend to quarantine less, visiting their parents and meeting with friends. In fla they actually do stay put with more space indoors. I have a hunch this will not satisfy you, maybe a therapist can help you sort through your thoughts on why you feel the need to play judge. Wishing you peace ✌

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:23 am
You also have husbands flying in for the weekends. So quarantining for 14 days is worthless for those families.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:23 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

1) Air travel hasn't ceased. My husband has to fly for work. What's the difference anyway?

2) If they drive, what's the big deal? Do you think no one is using gas pumps? People are going to grocery stores with masks and gloves, what's different about going to a rest area with masks and gloves?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics