Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Clean movie list-please post your favorite
Previous  1  2  3  4

Serena1

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 2:47 pm
The descendants

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 11:01 pm
The Fugitive with Harrison Ford is a fantastic movie. Non stop suspense, great acting, very entertaining. Clean.

smss

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 11:18 pm
Encanto!

Yes it's a Disney movie and I usually hate animated movies and we all know the reputation Disney movies have, but I promise this is different! It's not a love story at all. It's the story of a family that is very loveable and also has a lot of dysfunction and how one brave awesome 15 year old brings about change and healing. I've watched it 3 times already and would watch it again tomorrow if you asked me. If you relate to any of the following I think you'll love it: dysfunctional family systems, cycle breaking, intergenerational trauma, perfectionism, the inner need to always take care of everyone else and handle everything and inability to rest, being the "black sheep" of the family, being a highly sensitive person. Or if you just love really good songs (Lin Manuel Miranda wrote the music!). It's really well done and heartwarming and beautiful.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 11:26 pm
The resistance banker
Munich
The imitation game

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 11:34 pm
12 angry men.

Just finished watching it twice in a row. It’s so simple yet so profound.

Also like ratatouille.
The sixth sense.
Schindlers list.

(I realize the genres are so random....)

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 11:52 pm
smss wrote:
Encanto!

Yes it's a Disney movie and I usually hate animated movies and we all know the reputation Disney movies have, but I promise this is different! It's not a love story at all. It's the story of a family that is very loveable and also has a lot of dysfunction and how one brave awesome 15 year old brings about change and healing. I've watched it 3 times already and would watch it again tomorrow if you asked me. If you relate to any of the following I think you'll love it: dysfunctional family systems, cycle breaking, intergenerational trauma, perfectionism, the inner need to always take care of everyone else and handle everything and inability to rest, being the "black sheep" of the family, being a highly sensitive person. Or if you just love really good songs (Lin Manuel Miranda wrote the music!). It's really well done and heartwarming and beautiful.

Are the songs ladies singing?

What are some movies that I can watch with dh that are clean and no kol isha?

smss

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 11:58 pm
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:

Mostly yes, sorry Sad

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 12:00 am
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:

What are some movies that I can watch with dh that are clean and no kol isha?

I loved red notice.
It's an action comedy. Really funny. No singing, and pretty clean.
It's on netflix.

chanatron1000

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 12:39 am
smss wrote:
Encanto!

One of the comments on the YouTube video of a song said "This song needs a Grammy and a restraining order." I think that's true of all the songs.

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 3:38 am
The Truman show!!

How come nobody mentioned that yet??

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:37 pm
Bumping this for a clean comedy recommendation please!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:22 am
Secondhand Lions! Can't believe I had never heard of it. It was just right.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:25 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Sixth Sense ( a little scary)
The first two Harry Potter movies
Free Willy
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
ET the extra terristial

I think Back to the Future is OK.

Sixth sense was so good!!

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:29 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Bumping this for a clean comedy recommendation please!

Anon coz I've said this IRL. Not a movie, but Green Eggs and Ham is a netflix cartoon series for the entire family. I have the craziest sense of humor and find absolutely nothing funny, ever. I was rolling throughout the first season and so was dh (and we have EXTREMELY different senses of humor!)
It's hysterical and very nostalgic if you grew up with the book.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:35 am
Gravity - remember thinking, this is a good clean movie. But it’s been years so hope I’m remembering correctly!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics