Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It's too late; everyone's been exposed. NY/NJ
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:59 pm
Um hello???
We don't all live in the place called The Tristate Area!! If you wanna all infect and kill each other, cool. But stay awayyyyy from my state, please! Keep yourself in quarantine where it belongs.

[edited for language]

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Literally. EVERYONE I know has been exposed to it, someway or another.

It is much too late for all these shutdowns, social distancing and quarantine. Much, much too late.
It't not gonna help anymore. Give up.

What's the point?

I read that there are variations of the virus and you can get it more than once. Less harmful and more harmful.

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:25 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Um hello???
We don't all live in the hellhole called The Tristate Area!! If you wanna all infect and kill each other, cool. But stay awayyyyy from my state, please! Keep your butt in quarantine where it belongs.

We are talking about being in quarantine in the NY NJ area. This thread is not whether we can go to Florida or not so no need for this language.

Has your state closed borders 6 weeks ago?
If not, how do you know if anyone from China, Milan or any other European country hasn't infected your place yet?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:27 pm
OP I totally agree with you but how do you reconcile that with tests that have come back negative?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:53 pm
If ny isolates strictly right now there won't be any new cases in 2 weeks. When that group is done with the virus its over.

Also there are 2 strains of it already. Viruses mutate slightly as we all know about the flu.

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
If ny isolates strictly right now there won't be any new cases in 2 weeks. When that group is done with the virus its over.

Also there are 2 strains of it already. Viruses mutate slightly as we all know about the flu.

Please provide a source.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:56 pm
crust wrote:
Please provide a source.

Source is not reliable (China) but scientifically probable.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:58 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Um hello???
We don't all live in the hellhole called The Tristate Area!! If you wanna all infect and kill each other, cool. But stay awayyyyy from my state, please! Keep your butt in quarantine where it belongs.

No matter your state, its already has cases. All 50 do. If you don't hunker down real strict now, this craziness will be there sooner than you realize. Stay safe.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Literally. EVERYONE I know has been exposed to it, someway or another.

It is much too late for all these shutdowns, social distancing and quarantine. Much, much too late.
It't not gonna help anymore. Give up.

What's the point?
All of the shut downs are not for you or I who are (hopefully) healthy. It is for those that are the high risk population and if they get the virus, their bodies will not be able to fight this.
It is for the people who are immuno supresssant, those with bad asthma, those with other health conditions that if they were exposed, it would be deadly. Not us hopefully healthy folk.
But if nobody in america will stay home and everyone will just go about their business, you will see millions of deaths. This way, with social distancing, even though started much tooo late, it will hopefully slow the curve, I dont think it will flatten it, but hopefully not as many deaths as if nobody takes any action.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:03 pm

Strict lock down takes a long time to actually happen. Israel started locking down two weeks ago. Then this week regulations got stricter as people were just not adhering to the regulations. And now? People will be fined if found more than 100 meters away from their home. And certain businesses are going to be fines (way more) if found opened that should not be. And when going to the super market, you have your temp taken and only a few people at a time are allowed in. Children are not allowed in makolets. It has become very strict, but if you think it takes 2 weeks, you are deluding yourself. It takes way longer to flatten the curve, trust me.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:11 pm
Israel was WAY ahead of the US. You can't even compare.

Rubber Ducky

Mevater wrote:
I read that there are variations of the virus and you can get it more than once. Less harmful and more harmful.

Coronavirus does not mutate nearly as much as flu: https://thehill.com/policy/hea.....-to-a

dancingqueen

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm sorry. I'm not trying to spread fear; I am just stating my opinion. Everyone I know and everyone they know has been exposed, unless they have been in utter and true isolation since Purim.

I'm just trying to understand what the point in all this is anymore. So far, I haven't gotten a smart answer.

Do you understand flattening the curve?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:13 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
This is not just OP's opinion. Experts have said that almost everyone in the greater New York area has already been exposed. And that this virus has been here since January.

In the early days, they were saying where people with the virus had been. After a while the numbers were such that they gave up. OOT.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:29 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Strict lock down takes a long time to actually happen. Israel started locking down two weeks ago. Then this week regulations got stricter as people were just not adhering to the regulations. And now? People will be fined if found more than 100 meters away from their home. And certain businesses are going to be fines (way more) if found opened that should not be. And when going to the super market, you have your temp taken and only a few people at a time are allowed in. Children are not allowed in makolets. It has become very strict, but if you think it takes 2 weeks, you are deluding yourself. It takes way longer to flatten the curve, trust me.

Respectfully I want to understand this-
When I (potentially? Suspecting..) had covid19 I had no fever. Then you have the people that are asymptomatic or in incubation period so will not either have a fever. So potentially, taking temp will stop those that are really ill- which are probably in bed anyway or popped Tylenol to get shopping done & now knocked the fever down... so where does this bring us?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:34 pm
crust wrote:
Please provide a source.

There are two strains, but immunity to one provides immunity to the other.

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:35 pm
Source is not reliable (China) but scientifically probable.

I'd rather look at Italy and Spain.

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
There are two strains, but immunity to one provides immunity to the other.

Please provide a source ty

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:37 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Do you understand flattening the curve?

Yes. I think it's a brilliant idea. 6 weeks ago.

There is no curve to flatten anymore. It's over.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:39 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Respectfully I want to understand this-
When I (potentially? Suspecting..) had covid19 I had no fever. Then you have the people that are asymptomatic or in incubation period so will not either have a fever. So potentially, taking temp will stop those that are really ill- which are probably in bed anyway or popped Tylenol to get shopping done & now knocked the fever down... so where does this bring us?
just look at the number of cases WITH social distancing and numbers WITHOUT.
Obviously nothing is perfect. Many people have bo symptoms. But this is all supposed to flatten the curve, not get rid of it completely. It will always be here Sad
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics