Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It's too late; everyone's been exposed. NY/NJ
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:40 pm
crust wrote:
Yes. I think it's a brilliant idea. 6 weeks ago.

There is no curve to flatten anymore. It's over.
no it is not over. Being over would mean all america completely decimated. Even starting the social distancing late will stop some deaths.

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:41 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
just look at the number of cases WITH social distancing and numbers WITHOUT.
Obviously nothing is perfect. Many people have bo symptoms. But this is all supposed to flatten the curve, not get rid of it completely. It will always be here Sad

Again. This is all true 6 weeks ago.

Shabbatiscoming, I dont think you understand that we started TOO LATE.

Social distancing can still help. Quarantine? Meh.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:42 pm
crust wrote:
Yes. I think it's a brilliant idea. 6 weeks ago.

There is no curve to flatten anymore. It's over.

Yes. This.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:43 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
just look at the number of cases WITH social distancing and numbers WITHOUT.
Obviously nothing is perfect. Many people have bo symptoms. But this is all supposed to flatten the curve, not get rid of it completely. It will always be here Sad

Hey- I’m not arguing social distancing- on the contrary- I think it’s a great idea. Maybe started a bit late. But hey- better late than never. Believe me we need it...
I hear hatzalah sirens all days. I have friends working in the hospitals- it’s terrible Can't Believe It.
Just trying to understand the taking temperature thing- that’s it!

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:43 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
no it is not over. Being over would mean all america completely decimated. Even starting the social distancing late will stop some deaths.

I see we cross posted. I believe in the social distancing.

It's not all or nothing. I'm talking about a state by state basis.

NY and NJ are exposed. We can still save other states if they act fast and harsh.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:46 pm
Firstly, we are discussing NY/NJ. Other states can be saved if they close their borders and institute a MILITARY lockdown.

And yes, I do understand flattening the curve but there is nothing to flatten anymore. Whoever is going to get it is going to get it.
Quarantine ain't gonna help.
We're way too late.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:53 pm
Social distancing is not a made-up theoretical concept. There are scientific models that use real data that prove that social distancing should beH reduce the amount of deaths by the thousands. Even if it’s not done military style, every little bit counts. Don’t discount it and say, “It’s too late, we’re all infected.” It’s a knee-jerk theory that’s based on personal feelings. Hashem should bring a refuah.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:56 pm
crust wrote:
Please provide a source ty

https://www.hopkinsguides.com/.....oV_2_

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540747/all/Coronavirus_COVID_19__SARS_CoV_2_

Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Social distancing is not a made-up theoretical concept. There are scientific models that use real data that prove that social distancing should beH reduce the amount of deaths by the thousands. Even if it’s not done military style, every little bit counts. Don’t discount it and say, “It’s too late, we’re all infected.” It’s a knee-jerk theory that’s based on personal feelings. Hashem should bring a refuah.

I didn't say social distancing doesn't help.

All I said is that the shutdowns, quarantining and isolating were instituted way way too late and are pointless by now.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:12 pm
Why do you say that?
I am keeping myself and my family home. We're not leaving the house besides for to our own back porch.
My husband is doing minimal shopping (once a week) and drive through lunch pickup.
I'm hoping we don't get it. Why are you so sure we will? If I was exposed already before we started staying home (last week when the schools closed down) wouldn't I have gotten sick already by now? And I didn't! So hopefully, if we'll all stay home, we won't get sick.

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:17 pm
We'll know there is nothing left to flatten any more when there are fewer numbers of new cases and fewer deaths every day . Until then, we haven't peaked.

Patience, young Padawan.

mig100

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Literally. EVERYONE I know has been exposed to it, someway or another.

It is much too late for all these shutdowns, social distancing and quarantine. Much, much too late.
It't not gonna help anymore. Give up.

What's the point?

Yeah once many people died let's just through our hands up and let more die- what's a few more lives???

Sarcasm warning!!!

Do people really think that way??

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:07 pm
imasinger wrote:
We'll know there is nothing left to flatten any more when there are fewer numbers of new cases and fewer deaths every day . Until then, we haven't peaked.

Patience, young Padawan.

Smile

That's what we are doing, Jedi.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:18 pm
At this point, we’re just trying to slow down the spread of the virus. If we slow down the spread, hospitals can accommodate and treat more people. We’re trying to avoid what is going on in Italy.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't say social distancing doesn't help.

All I said is that the shutdowns, quarantining and isolating were instituted way way too late and are pointless by now.

They are not pointless. Statistically they should prevent MORE deaths. That’s what data shows. In your head it might feel too late but scientifically (not to mention from a daas Torah standpoint!) doing nothing at this point is worse.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Firstly, we are discussing NY/NJ. Other states can be saved if they close their borders and institute a MILITARY lockdown.

And yes, I do understand flattening the curve but there is nothing to flatten anymore. Whoever is going to get it is going to get it.
Quarantine ain't gonna help.
We're way too late.

How would states really and truly enforce closed borders? I can't imagine it would be simple.

I live in a state that currently has an outbreak, and the governor has ordered everyone to stay at home. But the numbers are way less than in NY. My kids and I haven't left the house in almost 2 weeks. My husband does an occasional grocery run.

Yes, it's possible that we've already been exposed, but also very possible that we haven't. If a real, serious lock down is not enforced in the areas with mass exposure, then it will be all the more likely that it will continue traveling to other states.

Even if you believe you've certainly be exposed - please stay home. You never know who you could introduce this virus to.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:32 pm
There are plenty of ppl who havent caught it yet. And they'd like to remain that way. So no, we can't return to normal until the numbers of new cases start to drop.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:12 am
mig100 wrote:
Yeah once many people died let's just through our hands up and let more die- what's a few more lives???

Sarcasm warning!!!

Do people really think that way??

Yes. Pple really do. My cousin told me 70 percent is already infected where I live so the 30percent may as well give up. My neighbors who have it allow their kids to roam the hallways all day long.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:20 am
What about us, wives of essential workers?

DH works in essential (a new minted name of an elite profession) leaving me home the first quarantine week without help. Now for the second quarantine week he is writhing with pain and discomfort sick in bed having contracted the virus through exposure.

Now here I am, no help, a sick husband, with a huge chance that ch"v by next week I will begin showing symptoms and I don't want my brain to go there. My house is hanging by a thread now, I am petrified.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics