Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you girls getting new clothes for pesach?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:03 pm
Nope. I don't like buying online for my kids....and local stores are not allowing returns or exchanges.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:04 pm
Bh my kids have enough clothes and so do I. Anyway we arnt going out much.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 7:20 pm
I never buy because it's Pesach. I buy when they need.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 10:02 pm
yes. my older daughter didn't fit in to her summer clothing from last ear and I stress shop before pesach. junees also had a big sale so took advantage.

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:04 pm
Yes
I completed my shopping before this whole situation happened.

My kids know that they’re going to wear their new clothing for the purpose that they were intended - likavod Yom Tov. Not to show off to the neighbors.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:12 pm
Bought before Purim.
We are wearing for Yom Tov. Not for ppl to see.

bnm

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:16 pm
Yes because she outgrew everything else.

thriver

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:19 pm
Yeah I’m not quite getting the “we’re not going anywhere anyway. No one will see us...” huh?? Is that really why you buy your children new clothing for yomtov?

I did buy my girls new clothing because yes. It is yomtov. And we will celebrate this yomtov even though there are so many challenging things happening throughout the world... I believe there is an inyan of having special clothing for yomtov... nothing to do with whether one will be seen or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

If it does not make sense for you and/or your family to buy new clothing right now, of course do not feel guilty. But to say that it’s because no one will see you anyway...? Is that really the message you want to give over to your daughters?

Last edited by thriver on Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

catinthehat

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:37 pm
my baby got a full new wardrobe before purim because she outgrew all her winter stuff. she will be the best dressed member of the family this pesach! as to everyone else - we will all be wearing our perfectly nice winter clothes!

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:39 pm
I will have to get them new clothing at some point, but for now I'm thinking I should try to send any extra money to Maos Chitim and save the clothes for Shavuos...

Studious

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 7:58 am
Nope. Stores are closed and I had a pay cut (as did most people I talk to). Rather not be spending on frivolities now.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:05 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
All clothing stores are closed here in Israel. I told my daughter that after the lock down is finished we will go clothing shopping. Nothing else we can do.

I ordered stuff online. Just one new shirt for each of my boys (they need new shabbat shirts) and a dress and top (shell?) for my tweens. Didn’t get anything for my teen DD she’s hard to fit and needs to try on outfits and has enough clothes for chag. I ordered shoes for my younger DD but they were to big so why to older tween. I’m not going through the hassle or returning, Younger DD will just wear her old ratty shabbos shoes. The dresses I bought my girls were not my first choice, but they were reasonably priced and shipped to my house so I compromised.

icebreaker

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:06 am
My youngest daughter did buy some cheap jewelry and accessories to go with something already in her closet. And my son bought a new pair of pants. That’s about it.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:08 am
Zehava wrote:
Alas Yom Tov isn’t quite as discerning as the princesses strolling down the streets bedecked in 600$ dresses.

$600 dresses???? Is that really a thing????

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:44 am
Sort of. We have in our closet a bag of hand-me-downs acquired from a neighbor last year, and I found some suitable things there.

Not new clothes per se, but new to the recipient Smile

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:56 am
Yes most websites are open and shipping. My kids outgrew their winter clothing, they can't wear winter clothing in the summer so I might as well buy now and get more use out of it, and my kids are really excited to wear their new clothing. Kids can use some sunshine now. You don't even have to spend a lot most sites are having major sales.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:58 am
thriver wrote:
Yeah I’m not quite getting the “we’re not going anywhere anyway. No one will see us...” huh?? Is that really why you buy your children new clothing for yomtov?

I did buy my girls new clothing because yes. It is yomtov. And we will celebrate this yomtov even though there are so many challenging things happening throughout the world... I believe there is an inyan of having special clothing for yomtov... nothing to do with whether one will be seen or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

If it does not make sense for you and/or your family to buy new clothing right now, of course do not feel guilty. But to say that it’s because no one will see you anyway...? Is that really the message you want to give over to your daughters?

A million times this! I had no idea people wore clothing to show off. I thought people went all out to celebrate yom tov it's really sad so many people apparently spend money just to show off. It's yom tov whether people will see you or not.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:20 am
I try to take care of Y"T shopping before Purim, taking advantage of sales, and to avoid the pre-Y"T rush. B"H my youngest DD, whose last-year clothes are hopelessly short on her, has new clothes for Y"T. I'm glad, because she is Bas Mitzvah and I wouldn't want her to wear clothes that are not tznius (and even her winter clothes are getting short-ish.)

B"H, her last-year clothes fit the DD of a friend, who is a year younger than she...so that young lady has new-for-her clothes for Y"T too. They happen to be nice and in good condition, and I'm so glad they are making another little girl feel good for Y"T.

My older DD's were fine with last year's stuff for now, their sizes haven't changed...we ordered some new shells and hosiery, that's all. Ditto for me (wish I could say the same about size though....a few pounds less would be nice).

Y"T is Y"T and we will dress up, but our last-year's stuff is still nice and very Y"T-dik. It will be just fine.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:28 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I will have to get them new clothing at some point, but for now I'm thinking I should try to send any extra money to Maos Chitim and save the clothes for Shavuos...

Kol hakavod.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:44 pm
I ordered a few things for them online. I hope they get here before YT.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics