Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Flatbush: WHO IS SINGING ON A BIG TRUCK?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 4:45 am
Anybody want popcorn????

crust

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 4:47 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Anybody want popcorn????

Seems like there is no need for it.
Party is going strong at 5 am without...

groisamomma

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 4:49 am
crust wrote:
Seems like there is no need for it.
Party is going strong at 5 am without...

Look who joined! You can't sleep or you're in Israel? Those are the only 2 choices today.

crust

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 4:56 am
groisamomma wrote:
Look who joined! You can't sleep or you're in Israel? Those are the only 2 choices today.

I can't sleep and in my half dream I'm in Israel.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 5:00 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Lol. I believe the first person on this thread to name call was you. In the future, try to be positive and sunny. the sun will shine back at you.

You are assigning "positivity" and "negativity" values arbitrarily.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 5:31 am
I see both sides. Years ago I had terrible insomnia due to a serious medical issue. I rarely fell asleep before dawn. For months, literally. One day which happened to be Chanukah, I had finally fallen into a deep sleep, when a car drove down my street blasting Jewish music from a loudspeaker at about 9 am. It yanked me out of sleep and I couldn't fall back asleep till dawn the of next day. I was very very upset. Of course, my family members (who, as empathetic as they were just didn't really have an understanding) rolled their eyes at me when I vented about it. Which probably bothered me more than my being woken.
For someone desperate for sleep, it's not a joking matter. Same for someone suffering for a migraine. No it's not "trashy" and I don't think it was a bad thing, it was very well intentioned, but I have sympathy for someone negatively, physically affected. And nobody has the right to make fun of a person like that.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 5:35 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Anybody want popcorn????

On Pesach?! You have to come up with a pesachdik alternative

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 7:40 am
flowerpower wrote:
They specifically wrote that everyone should stand on the top of the staircase near the door.
I think it’s so nice and selfless of them!

They got paid nicely for it 😀 was sponsored by the Bistritzky family, who lost a young wife and mother this past year.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:24 am
On Purim day a flatbed truck blaring music went up and down a well-traveled street where I live. Would have been fine, except it stopped in front of a major shule where megillah was being read. I was sitting in the back of the shule and missed hearing part of the megillah before I could change seats to the front. Finally some men, who missed enough to require going to a later reading, went out and told the truck to move.

Obviously the people on the truck thought hearing their leibadik music was more important than hearing megillah.

So yeah, I have very little regard for people who don't recognize their actions have negative effects on many.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:00 am
I feel very left out that our city - Toronto - did t get to experience what seems like New York, Lakewood - got to have yesterday.

Feel like chopped liver.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:07 am
Wasn’t the music better then all the ambulance sirens that have been going thru the neighborhood the past few weeks?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:08 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Wasn’t the music better then all the ambulance sirens that have been going thru the neighborhood the past few weeks?

I think there may be a slight difference in the level of necessity.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:17 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I was extremely rude and nasty to her. Did I ever deny that? You reap what you sow. Her post disgusted me. So I answered in quite a disgusting manner. Your posts to me are quite rude as well. At least my rudeness is because I am trying to defend some beautiful people who did everything in their power to bring joy to the world. What is the reason for your rudeness? (Most likely you’re a poster on this site who doesn’t like me for some reason. I could be wrong but that would be my guess. Why else do you feel the need to be an anonymous lawyer to an anonymous person?)

You were obnoxious to honeydew which was uncalled for. She didn't like some event in her neighborhood and you called her a self hating Jew because of it. It is over the top obnoxious.

I don't dislike you. I dislike the way you came down on her.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:24 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
You were obnoxious to honeydew which was uncalled for. She didn't like some event in her neighborhood and you called her a self hating Jew because of it. It is over the top obnoxious.

I think we share the same sensitivity towards name calling.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

She was obnoxious first. And I’m not so sure she lives in the neighborhood. She doesn’t seem to know much about the actual event. I think it was completely called for. Someone did a beautiful thing and she called it trashy. Now THAT was completely uncalled for. So just like you came down hard on me because I came down hard on her, I came down hard on her because her nastiness was uncalled for. She literally threatened to sue the police.
She called them trashy, she accused them of doing something illegal....

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:36 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I think we share the same sensitivity towards name calling.

So why did honeydews original name calling not bother you? Trashy is a nasty thing to call somebody.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I see both sides. Years ago I had terrible insomnia due to a serious medical issue. I rarely fell asleep before dawn. For months, literally. One day which happened to be Chanukah, I had finally fallen into a deep sleep, when a car drove down my street blasting Jewish music from a loudspeaker at about 9 am. It yanked me out of sleep and I couldn't fall back asleep till dawn the of next day. I was very very upset. Of course, my family members (who, as empathetic as they were just didn't really have an understanding) rolled their eyes at me when I vented about it. Which probably bothered me more than my being woken.
For someone desperate for sleep, it's not a joking matter. Same for someone suffering for a migraine. No it's not "trashy" and I don't think it was a bad thing, it was very well intentioned, but I have sympathy for someone negatively, physically affected. And nobody has the right to make fun of a person like that.

While I have so much compassion, she didn’t say- Wow that’s nice but really hard for me. She said they were trashy and called them criminals doing something illegal.

I also went through times in my life where I really needed to get some sleep during the daytime. But the laws where I live permit construction starting 7:30 am and my neighbor was renovating. It was hard for me, but they were doing nothing wrong and I didn’t spew venom at them. It was an extremely challenging time.

Same for the annoying trucks etc. and I don’t like the Purim scene, we share this world and there are expectations and legal framework for what is ok.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:08 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
So why did honeydews original name calling not bother you? Trashy is a nasty thing to call somebody.

It didn't? It did.

(if you are looking for distinction however, Honeydew called out what people were doing - you directly told a person she was ****)

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
It didn't? It did.

(if you are looking for distinction however, Honeydew called out what people were doing - you directly told a person she was ****)

True. As I wrote it I knew I was being excessively nasty. But I was so mad I decided to write it anyway.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
There's no being DLKZ. It doesn't matter his intentions when his actions are illegal and damaging. If he weren't Jewish, I'd already have called the police.

Flatbush was alive with the sound of music yesterday! And it sparked joy in so many people during this time of sadness! I am sorry that you are struggling with it and hope you can find it in your heart to forgive them as their intentions were to only bring happiness to people on such an unusual Pesach with people not being able to go to hotels or do other typical chol hamoed/Pesach things they usually do.
I did see that someone threw eggs on one of the singers going around in Boro Park and that the police tried to break them up but that is just sad because the singers didnt do anything wrong. They were just doing their job in bringing joy and happiness to people under times of duress.
Btw, what did you do on Purim and other loud holidays (new years, etc) when there is music and fireworks and whatnot going on? Do you call the police then as well or do you just bear with it until its over? Why is this any different?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics