Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Oak And Vine, Blue River, Chestnut, Lakewood, NJ
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 6:45 pm
My dd lives in sterling place. Son inlaw wears a streimel. You can absolutely walk to CVS , ritas ice cream, dry cleaners, fleisch store, evergreen, home goods, other developments different stores all along all the way past sterling place. I often walk with my grandkids. And they walk on shabbos to the nursing home.

Our friends and their couples moved to oak and vine. We walked over on shabbos when they had a bar mitzva kiddush- 15 minutes from sterling place.

Based on what you wrote I would recommend oak and vine. There are a couple of other developments near evergreen that are chassidish/ heimish. Maybe there is something available in one if them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 3:53 pm
Thank you everyone for your input!
I'm considering Oak and Vine.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:06 pm
I also love Oak and Vine. The houses come with mudrooms, options for pesach kitchens upgraded kitchen. Very warm nice neighbors.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:14 pm
Please speak to people who live here and don’t drive, before moving here. Lakewood is not set up for non drivers and it’s a big issue.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:21 pm
Oak and vine is made for non drivers.
Evergreen and other stores are within walking distance. And a new store comlex/mall is being built there

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:37 pm
I would suggest staying at oak and vine for a shabbos. Have your husband walk into a few different shuls there to get a feel of the place. There are many families in oak and vine that are very erhlich heimish chassidish but theres a very big mix of tuna beigel-ish crowd. It really depends on ur neighbors and who ur kids play with but dont buy before looking into it more thoroughly

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:57 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Oak and vine is made for non drivers.
Evergreen and other stores are within walking distance. And a new store comlex/mall is being built there

this this this!!!! im here close to two years and do not miss bp shopping at all!!! is something wrong with me??? uh no.... cuz everything I ever needed in brooklyn is literally replicated here. and most walking distance. shell station, buckles, center of town (the coolest general store ever! think supplies, hardware, purim goods, yom tov needd round year etc. all wrapped in one) seforim store, heads of class, eateries, (fleishigs and milchigs) , pastel, lulu, gourmet glatt, evergreen, candy store, styled child, mens shoe store, royal shoes, closeout connections, sprinkles, even a spa etc. etc. all walking distance!!! and some mere footsteps away. this is aside from the stores I didnt mention (pharmacy, specialty cookie store, 4 corners even my pediatrician dr fenster and an urgent care and dentist for my family) and another shopping center being built. and other shops are literally a hop onto a shuttle bus away. please dont comment unless you actually live here. and the overall consensus reverbarating in our neighborhood is what are people in brooklyn stuck in tiny apartments even hesitating about!!! Thank you Hashem!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
this this this!!!! im here close to two years and do not miss bp shopping at all!!! is something wrong with me??? uh no.... cuz everything I ever needed in brooklyn is literally replicated here. and most walking distance. shell station, buckles, center of town (the coolest general store ever! think supplies, hardware, purim goods, yom tov needd round year etc. all wrapped in one) seforim store, heads of class, eateries, (fleishigs and milchigs) , pastel, lulu, gourmet glatt, evergreen, candy store, styled child, mens shoe store, royal shoes, closeout connections, sprinkles, even a spa etc. etc. all walking distance!!! and some mere footsteps away. this is aside from the stores I didnt mention (pharmacy, specialty cookie store, 4 corners even my pediatrician dr fenster and an urgent care and dentist for my family) and another shopping center being built. and other shops are literally a hop onto a shuttle bus away. please dont comment unless you actually live here. and the overall consensus reverbarating in our neighborhood is what are people in brooklyn stuck in tiny apartments even hesitating about!!! Thank you Hashem!

Commenting as someone who sees women running across busy dangerous highways because they have to walk everywhere.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Commenting as someone who sees women running across busy dangerous highways because they have to walk everywhere.

um no the only stores that are difficult to cross over to (when crossing the 9) are heads of class and z berman seforim store which is non issue since z berman is crossing over to the new plaza being built. any other stores I listed either dont need crossing over (evergreej plaza, todd plaza and the one with 4 corners, river pharmacy plaza etc.) and the shops at seagull square (which fyi has a great heads of class outlet store, and oh I forgot to mention purple orchid lingerie shop) are accesible by crossing over at the light by cross street. so unless youre referring to women from other developments...

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
um no the only stores that are difficult to cross over to (when crossing the 9) are heads of class and z berman seforim store which is non issue since z berman is crossing over to the new plaza being built. any other stores I listed either dont need crossing over (evergreej plaza, todd plaza and the one with 4 corners, river pharmacy plaza etc.) and the shops at seagull square (which fyi has a great heads of class outlet store, and oh I forgot to mention purple orchid lingerie shop) are accesible by crossing over at the light by cross street. so unless youre referring to women from other developments...

Not referring to specific developments. Actually had in mind route 9 near Gourmet Glatt north and even more north than that - fish grill area etc.

sweetdimples

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:30 pm
I NEVER need to cross over to get to todd plaza, evergreen plaza, the plaza that has ritas and the pita place, the plaza that has pizza on wheels, jerusalem glatt or even walgreens if I really want a good walk... it seems youre just posting cavaliarly. "every chassidish woman I see crossing over haphhazardly must be coming from oak and vine" um no... there are other chassidish developments about and maybe they find it more difficult to maneuver. dunno...

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Not referring to specific developments. Actually had in mind route 9 near Gourmet Glatt north and even more north than that - fish grill area etc.

then please dont quotr misinformation. people living in oak and vine *south lakewood* arent walking to north lakewood. the idea!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:37 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
then please dont quotr misinformation. people living in oak and vine *south lakewood* arent walking to north lakewood. the idea!

I didn’t quote anything. I advised the op to speak to other non drivers to make sure she wants to move to Lakewood. To which a poster responded don’t comment if you don’t live here, and I responded that I’m just commenting as an observer that sees women running across highways (and also I know women who have a hard time with the whole not driving thing here).

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:42 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I didn’t quote anything. I advised the op to speak to other non drivers to make sure she wants to move to Lakewood. To which a poster responded don’t comment if you don’t live here, and I responded that I’m just commenting as an observer that sees women running across highways (and also I know women who have a hard time with the whole not driving thing here).

like I said. depends maybe where you live. shes asking specifically about oak and vine. me personally, I find the not driving to be a non issue for me in oak and vine

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:43 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
like I said. depends maybe where you live. shes asking specifically about oak and vine. me personally, I find the not driving to be a non issue for me in oak and vine

She asked about three areas.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:45 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
She asked about three areas.
I dont want to be petty Tongue Out but it seems that oak and vine is what is pulling her based on her last post.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:46 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I dont want to be petty Tongue Out but it seems that oak and vine is what is pulling her based on her last post.

Could be. My comment still stands though.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 6:00 pm
I live in the area and drive. I daven thanks to Hashem that I drive as I see more and more chassidish woman walking from plaza to plaza with strollers dangerously on the road (there is no sidewalk to get from plaza to plaza.)

It may be technically walkable but you guys risk your childrens safety as well as the safety of everyone on the roads by thinking this is a walkable boro park set up.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I live in the area and drive. I daven thanks to Hashem that I drive as I see more and more chassidish woman walking from plaza to plaza with strollers dangerously on the road (there is no sidewalk to get from plaza to plaza.)

It may be technically walkable but you guys risk your childrens safety as well as the safety of everyone on the roads by thinking this is a walkable boro park set up.

again I dont know what youre talking about. I have only walked where pedestrians clearly walk. not on the roads at all!!!

sweetdimples

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 6:31 pm
while we're still on this topic, I have found tons of scenic routes to walk as well. like by finchley blvd towards blue jay way. or the one on vermont towards bais malka belz and chestnut/stamford meadows. gorgeous. I could walk for miles without set destination. and its a very safe walk. regular sidewalks etc. I really have no idea what the previous posters are rambling about. you need to be mindful when crossing streets in congested bp/ williamsburg too
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating