Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 60  61  62 102  103  104  Next

simcha4

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:49 pm
PassionFruit wrote:
My father was a professional singer and guitarist before he became frum. Lots of music in my genes, we have a cellist, pianist, violinist, guitarist, and everyone can sing and harmonize.

tell me about the first time you had a sleepover at a friends house

Never did. My parents didn't allow.
I'm sorry, perhaps I should've skipped this and let someone else give you a proper answer.
If you want, repeat the question.

TMA why Imamother - a Jewish Orthodox site, has ads. showing women half dressed, or to put it better - dressed in a non-tzniusdik manner? No bashing pls. An innocent question. TIA.

Ima Piano

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:19 pm
I'm not sure. I wonder about it myself. Its when I want to show my husband a funny post and all of the sudden this inappropriate ad comes on. It's annoying.

Tell me about fuzzy blankets

ROFL

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:41 pm
I love my fuzzy blankets. Every Shabbat I curl up on the couch and cover myself up with a good book and a good pillow. Have the best sleep in my fuzzy blankets.
Why can’t I sleep at night in my bed ?

singleagain

Post Fri, Apr 02 2021, 9:00 am
Since you're supposed to sleep in your bed you're trying to hard. And therefore sleep eludes you .. I'm speculating, I'm not a sleep doctor.

As for the ads, some are generated by Google, and often that can be based on key words in the text, so if someone is asking about where to shop for undergarments or bathing suits google will generate those ads. If you think an ad is inappropriate you can report it and Yael can make sure it doesn't show up again.

Also I saw someone ask about matzah pizzas.... I don't know how the poster she was asking makes it, but I take a piece of matzah, put sauce on it. Sometimes add a topping then cheese. And out it in the oven until the cheese melts. So yummy

Tell me about your ancestry. Like what countries your family is from.

simcha4

Post Sat, Apr 03 2021, 8:08 pm
singleagain wrote:
Since you're supposed to sleep in your bed you're trying to hard. And therefore sleep eludes you .. I'm speculating, I'm not a sleep doctor.

As for the ads, some are generated by Google, and often that can be based on key words in the text, so if someone is asking about where to shop for undergarments or bathing suits google will generate those ads. If you think an ad is inappropriate you can report it and Yael can make sure it doesn't show up again.

Also I saw someone ask about matzah pizzas.... I don't know how the poster she was asking makes it, but I take a piece of matzah, put sauce on it. Sometimes add a topping then cheese. And out it in the oven until the cheese melts. So yummy

Tell me about your ancestry. Like what countries your family is from.

Thank you so much "singleagain," you always take the time to answer questions, and you explain so clearly and with patience. I'm very grateful.

Ancestry - England, Ireland, Poland/Israel.

Tell me about how long it takes you to get your home back in order after Pesach?

s1

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 8:43 pm
If I’m lucky I’m back to ‘normal’ by shavuos!

Tell me about your job

Ima Piano

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:37 pm
My job is in a school in Brooklyn and I'm the one that you ask for copies. 😉

Tell me about allergies

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:58 am
Ima Piano wrote:
My job is in a school in Brooklyn and I'm the one that you ask for copies. 😉

Tell me about allergies

ATCHOOOOO!!!!! (Sorry)

Tell me what you like in Spring?

salt

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 5:21 am
simcha4 wrote:
ATCHOOOOO!!!!! (Sorry)

Tell me what you like in Spring?

I like spring because it's not yet too hot. We have a long haul of boiling months ahead of us, so I enjoy the comfortable weather in spring while it lasts.

Tell me how you remember to count the Omer every night.

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 7:14 am
My dad. I used to have an app. But I can't find it

Tell me about the end if vacation

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:00 am
singleagain wrote:
My dad. I used to have an app. But I can't find it

Tell me about the end if vacation

End of Pesach vacation? I work from home and did a lot of work ahead before Pesach - worked longer hours, so this week it's not rush, rush, b'H, which is good. I work less hours this week and thus have more time to get my apt. back in order from Pesach.

Tell me about packing away the Pesach dishes? oven? Mixer? etc. Where do you store them all year? Before packing away do you ever take off items to be used during the year, and then write down an inventory of what you're missing for next Pesach?

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:03 am
My folks keep it in the basement. We've actually been bringing up /using less and less. I don't know if we'd mark down and replace... The only important thing we keep track of is the spices.we line the spice draw with aluminum foil and put the pesach spice list under that foil. Oh and last year we made an inventory of the paper goods. Didn't do that this year... But then again I don't know how much we went into it.

Tell me about normal.

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:29 am
singleagain wrote:
My folks keep it in the basement. We've actually been bringing up /using less and less. I don't know if we'd mark down and replace... The only important thing we keep track of is the spices.we line the spice draw with aluminum foil and put the pesach spice list under that foil. Oh and last year we made an inventory of the paper goods. Didn't do that this year... But then again I don't know how much we went into it.

Tell me about normal.

You keep Pesach spices from one Pesach to the next? Interesting. I've heard of people keeping stuff like sugar, potato flour, oil, from Pesach to Pesach.
We never did it. I always wonder if the foodstuff has the same taste and texture as when bought fresh? Can't the spices get bugs being stored all year?

Normal? We aren't yet back to regular normal. I didn't yet eat actual chametz! I'm not in a hurry.
After Pesach we eat what we call "post-pesach-cereal." When we have a lot of matza leftover (like this year) we crush matza, not tiny pieces, into a cereal plate and pour coffee, or cocoa, or hot milk over it - "matza cereal."
Delicious and very filling.

Tell me about how you feel after Pesach - after weeks of loads to do, rushing, extra work and working extra hard around the clock, loads of shopping, feeling stressed... suddenly after Pesach it all slows down. There's no deadline until when the chametz has to be out of the house. Do you feel a sort of anti-clim@x?

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:51 am
We put the spices airtight in three bags It's been working for us I can't say anything about the freshness

there will be a little bit of extras I won't fully be calm till like next week I think because there are probably are a lot of orders coming in to restock you know cuz we stopped buying stuff certain items like you know a couple weeks ago so it's going to be a little bit hectic and we also have to make sure everyone sends us their shtar mechira otherwise we can't accept their stuff. last year I think there were some companies that we would not accept their product for almost a month because they didn't give us a document that said that they sold it so the rabbi of our store did not feel comfortable

Tell me about a time in your life when nothing was hectic

Ima Piano

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:08 am
I cant think of a time. Maybe when I was little because growing up my parents were always going away I was shuffled from one sibling to another sleeping over then high school was hectic with tutors and learning then post high school was busy with work and engagement/marry and now life is regular routine hectic.

Tell me about your breakfast

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:23 am
Ima Piano wrote:
I cant think of a time. Maybe when I was little because growing up my parents were always going away I was shuffled from one sibling to another sleeping over then high school was hectic with tutors and learning then post high school was busy with work and engagement/marry and now life is regular routine hectic.

Tell me about your breakfast

Chocolate and coffee.

Tell me about an episode, song, story, you experienced/heard/read that made you feel an extreme yearning to be close to Hashem.

If this is too private a question, lmk, and I'll change.

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:30 am
When I heard the song dear God by Hunter Hayes it just really struck my core because it showed that I wasn't the only person who questioned God and wondered why he did stuff and that just really made me feel connected

Tell me if you're a trekkie Please be a trekkie Happy first contact day everybody

Ima Piano

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:13 am
Pls explain to me what a trekkie is

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:14 am
Ima Piano wrote:
Pls explain to me what a trekkie is

Someone obsessed with Star Trek
I am not one

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:14 am
singleagain clearly is