Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 86  87  88 102  103  104  Next

DreamerForever

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 6:01 pm
I was a teacher who did not understand the parents complaining about homework. Now I'm a mother who ponders the purpose of endless HW given to girls in a frum society. Oh well...

Tell me about a hobby you enjoy

happytobemom

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 9:48 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
I was a teacher who did not understand the parents complaining about homework. Now I'm a mother who ponders the purpose of endless HW given to girls in a frum society. Oh well...

Tell me about a hobby you enjoy

Puzzles! Big beautiful ones! Except not so good for dirty dishes or laundry Tongue Out

Tell me something about the flu

simcha4

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 10:14 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Puzzles! Big beautiful ones! Except not so good for dirty dishes or laundry Tongue Out

Tell me something about the flu

I had the flu vaccination.

Tell me about how you manage to rest and spend time with your children during these short Shabbosim.

happytobemom

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 10:52 pm
simcha4 wrote:
I had the flu vaccination.

Tell me about how you manage to rest and spend time with your children during these short Shabbosim.

Friday nights are wonderfully long! During the summer they go to sleep straight from the meal, and we also start the meal somewhat quicker. But in the winter (oh I just love the winter!) there's more time before and after the meal. After lighting candles we sing kabbalas shabbos, then usually read a book together (we have a few special books for shabbos). Sometimes after the meal we'll play a game.
And then even after they go to sleep it's still early, I get to relax with a book on the couch, while still going to sleep at a nice early time.

Tell me about shmittah

6000miles

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 1:44 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Friday nights are wonderfully long! During the summer they go to sleep straight from the meal, and we also start the meal somewhat quicker. But in the winter (oh I just love the winter!) there's more time before and after the meal. After lighting candles we sing kabbalas shabbos, then usually read a book together (we have a few special books for shabbos). Sometimes after the meal we'll play a game.
And then even after they go to sleep it's still early, I get to relax with a book on the couch, while still going to sleep at a nice early time.

Tell me about shmittah

The fruits and veggie store I shop in is actually bringing in beautiful stuff from out of Israel, but the prices are really high... Only bananas for some reason are only from "Otzar Bet Din" and I need to make sure that the peels and leftovers are saved and disposed of in the special brown shemittah garbage bins found every few blocks. It's fascinating and really special to be able to be part of this mitzva. Thinking about it now, I should read up on it more!

Tell me about a childhood friend you lost touch with.

happytobemom

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 5:53 pm
6000miles wrote:
The fruits and veggie store I shop in is actually bringing in beautiful stuff from out of Israel, but the prices are really high... Only bananas for some reason are only from "Otzar Bet Din" and I need to make sure that the peels and leftovers are saved and disposed of in the special brown shemittah garbage bins found every few blocks. It's fascinating and really special to be able to be part of this mitzva. Thinking about it now, I should read up on it more!

Tell me about a childhood friend you lost touch with.

I'm working on teaching a bit about shmittah to my special ed class. It's one thing that makes me sad about being away from Eretz Yisrael... Cherish being a part of it!

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:04 am
I had a friend that I lived & breathed with during hi school. She moved out my neighborhood couple of years ago. Being that we were both busy, didnt get to see each others much. Recently she invited my family to move in to her for shabbos & we reconnected.

Tell me about
Emergency room runs in middle of night

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:37 pm
Baruch Hashem can only think of one, years ago when my son had terrible croup and we couldn't get him to clear up no matter what we tried.

Tell me about becoming addicted to imamother

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:35 am
happytobemom wrote:

Tell me about becoming addicted to imamother

At the moment I wouldn't say I am addicted (I only log on at specific times, and I don't get any notifications), but I can definitely picture it happening. I enjoy the company, empathy and insights I get here. I don't have a smartphone and there are specific times I am able to log on from a computer, so that helps stave off addiction, but I am aware it's not at all foolproof, of course.

Tell me about exercising regularly in the winter when the weather does not allow long walks outdoors.

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:41 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
Tell me about exercising regularly in the winter when the weather does not allow long walks outdoors.

That's something I'm trying to do, but is a challenge for me. I work two jobs, not far from each other, so I've been trying to park my car near the second, walk to the first, and then back. Not too much, but more walking then I would get otherwise.

Tell me about snow

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:01 pm
We didnt have any that stuck this season yet

Tell me about having energy to clean when you dont have help

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:22 am
Ugh, it's hard. my cleaner just returned after being away a few week sand I wanted to hug her. Put on the music to get you going and promise yourself something nice or a good read when you're done.

Tell me about how you found a good friend in adulthood

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:22 am
We were casual friends and apparently one day I admitted to her some of my personal life then I asked if I could admit something totally crazy... And she said it wasn't crazy and it just went from there.

Tell me about waking up in the morning

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:40 pm
singleagain wrote:

Tell me about waking up in the morning

My alarm clock wakes me, except on Shabbos. In the winter it is more of a struggle to get out from under the warm covers, but I do it somehow ...

Tell me about fun indoor exercise that doesn't require going to a gym or pool.

simcha4

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 3:05 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
My alarm clock wakes me, except on Shabbos. In the winter it is more of a struggle to get out from under the warm covers, but I do it somehow ...

Tell me about fun indoor exercise that doesn't require going to a gym or pool.

dancing to music: but not just dance steps, proper moves like leaning down sideways as far as you can go, bending forward, backwards, stretching arms outward and upward, kicking your legs frontwards, sideways, etc. Of course, only tzniusdik moves b/c I do it with my family.
It's really fun when it's Bubby/Mummy, married children, younger children and grandchildren ke'h, doing it all together.
Of course it's Bubby who gets winded the first and plops down on the couch. Very Happy

Tell me about extended family get togethers.

happytobemom

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:57 pm
simcha4 wrote:
dancing to music: but not just dance steps, proper moves like leaning down sideways as far as you can go, bending forward, backwards, stretching arms outward and upward, kicking your legs frontwards, sideways, etc. Of course, only tzniusdik moves b/c I do it with my family.
It's really fun when it's Bubby/Mummy, married children, younger children and grandchildren ke'h, doing it all together.
Of course it's Bubby who gets winded the first and plops down on the couch. Very Happy

Tell me about extended family get togethers.

Ooh! Such fun!
I just spent a Shabbos with extended family. Kids sleeping all over the floors, lots of fun, lots of noise! Great to get the kids together, especially now in the winter when we barely see each other.

Tell me about long distance travel.

simcha4

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:49 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Ooh! Such fun!
I just spent a Shabbos with extended family. Kids sleeping all over the floors, lots of fun, lots of noise! Great to get the kids together, especially now in the winter when we barely see each other.

Tell me about long distance travel.

I'm assuming you mean long distance in the same country, not overseas?

I hate it. On the road for hours. In the summer if the car's a/c isn't working properly ...
And in the winter if the heater isn't working properly...
I think that perhaps I have a bit of a trauma travelling long distance, because so many times something happened mid way.
Many times the car suddenly came to a stop mid-journey and in the middle of nowhere....and go wait until you find someone who can diagnose the problem and then someone to fix it...and if can't be fixed it has to get towed and then you have to unpack the car from all the stuff you packed to take along, and the children are crying or whiny which is understandable.. and find another way to transport you to your destination. And the time is inching closer to Zman Shabbos.

Twice we got lost and by mistake drove into an arab village ... don't have to say how scary that is, you realize the mistake, perform a fast screeching U-Turn and try to find your way out with arabs crowding around your car...
Once we took a wrong turn and drove and drove and suddenly we see a sign - Palestinian Border!!!

Once, an hour and half away from Netanya on the busy highway, suddenly my husband lost his grip on the steering wheel - the steering wheel went loose and dh had no control over it.
It had a mind of its own. It had been working perfectly until then!
The car drove on its own with no-one steering it. It veered right then left and then right, left and on... The speedometer shot up to 180km per hour and the car sped on crazily zig-zagging between other cars. My dh couldn't suddenly stop the car either.
Till today, I believe totally that Hashem was driving that car because we did not crash into anything!
This insane driving continued for an hour and then the car suddenly ground to a stop.
It wouldn't move anymore.
Don't ask how my poor kids and I felt inside that car.
Then we had to flag down a shuttle taxi to take us the rest of the way to Netanya. That took anther 1/2 hour. We arrived in Netanya by Shabbos lecht tzinding.

So sorry for my megillah! I think I needed to get some of that trauma outa me.

Tell me about rapelling? Did you ever do it?

happytobemom

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 10:18 pm
simcha4 wrote:
I'm assuming you mean long distance in the same country, not overseas?

I hate it. On the road for hours. In the summer if the car's a/c isn't working properly ...
And in the winter if the heater isn't working properly...
I think that perhaps I have a bit of a trauma travelling long distance, because so many times something happened mid way.
Many times the car suddenly came to a stop mid-journey and in the middle of nowhere....and go wait until you find someone who can diagnose the problem and then someone to fix it...and if can't be fixed it has to get towed and then you have to unpack the car from all the stuff you packed to take along, and the children are crying or whiny which is understandable.. and find another way to transport you to your destination. And the time is inching closer to Zman Shabbos.

Twice we got lost and by mistake drove into an arab village ... don't have to say how scary that is, you realize the mistake, perform a fast screeching U-Turn and try to find your way out with arabs crowding around your car...
Once we took a wrong turn and drove and drove and suddenly we see a sign - Palestinian Border!!!

Once, an hour and half away from Netanya on the busy highway, suddenly my husband lost his grip on the steering wheel - the steering wheel went loose and dh had no control over it.
It had a mind of its own. It had been working perfectly until then!
The car drove on its own with no-one steering it. It veered right then left and then right, left and on... The speedometer shot up to 180km per hour and the car sped on crazily zig-zagging between other cars. My dh couldn't suddenly stop the car either.
Till today, I believe totally that Hashem was driving that car because we did not crash into anything!
This insane driving continued for an hour and then the car suddenly ground to a stop.
It wouldn't move anymore.
Don't ask how my poor kids and I felt inside that car.
Then we had to flag down a shuttle taxi to take us the rest of the way to Netanya. That took anther 1/2 hour. We arrived in Netanya by Shabbos lecht tzinding.

So sorry for my megillah! I think I needed to get some of that trauma outa me.

Tell me about rapelling? Did you ever do it?

Wow! That Does sound traumatic. I certainly didn't have that in mind when I asked about long distance travel!

Never did rappelling. Don't know anything about it!

Tell me about bedtime.

Esty 4

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 10:23 pm
exhausting, never ending
tell me about your diet

dankbar

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 10:37 pm
It's called sea-food diet, you eat whatever you see.

Tell me about the messes your kids made right after cleaning up.
My husband pulled out toys from inside the couch and placed into a box. My dd wanted an empty box & overturned the entire box right on the couch again so all the little pieces can fall straight in again.

My toddler spilled a bottle of croutons today & some apple cider onto the floor that was washed up last night.
Page 87 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 86  87  88 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics