Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 100  101 102  103  104  Next

simcha4

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:15 am
rachelli66 wrote:
Hot bath and scented soaps.

Tell me about shopping on Erev YomTov? (even now).

Can't tell about now b/c haven't started any Pesach shopping yet.
I like to start the shopping earlyish, probably b/c I hate last minute pressure.
Shooping can be a hassle, but it is really thrilling when you see the new things, food etc. that is in your home already for Yom Tov.
It would make me want to start cooking right away.
Delightful, when I pictured my children in their new Yom Tov clothes, and I was excited b/c they were excited.

Tell me about baking cakes using potato flour, and how to prevent them from sinking?

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 6:07 am
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about baking cakes using potato flour, and how to prevent them from sinking?

I don't really have a solution for this, but in recent years we have baked more muffins/cupcakes and cookies than cakes for Pesach. That seems to work better, in my experience.

Tell me about a meaningful idea regarding yetziat mitzrayim, that I can think about as I prepare for our Seder.

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 6:13 am
Many ppl in their life experience a personal yetziat mitzrayim where they get out from a bad situation. If you think over your/your loved ones lives you may see the miracles

Tell me about waking up before your alarm

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 6:18 am
singleagain wrote:
Many ppl in their life experience a personal yetziat mitzrayim where they get out from a bad situation. If you think over your/your loved ones lives you may see the miracles

Wow - I love this! Thank you.

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 6:20 am
singleagain wrote:

Tell me about waking up before your alarm

I do sometimes. I think it depends on how many hours' worth of sleep I got. Or if something is disturbing my sleep.

Tell me about something you are planning for Chol HaMoed.

rachelli66

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 6:22 am
I do many times. In my younger years I was always an early riser. when I have an appt. and need to be out at a certain time it's set.

Tell me about changing over our clothing from winter to summer.
do you wear more colors in summer or mainly black?

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 9:56 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
I do sometimes. I think it depends on how many hours' worth of sleep I got. Or if something is disturbing my sleep.

Tell me about something you are planning for Chol HaMoed.

Nothing in particular. Family visits. The best, b"H.

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 10:08 am
rachelli66 wrote:
I do many times. In my younger years I was always an early riser. when I have an appt. and need to be out at a certain time it's set.

Tell me about changing over our clothing from winter to summer.
do you wear more colors in summer or mainly black?

I don't put away all the winter clothing until Shavuos b/c the weather is still changeable until then.
We still keep cardigans, light sweaters, jackets, out.
Re colors: I don't wear mainly black in the summer. A black skirt, with pastel colored, or not "hot" colors tops. I like twin-sets.
We wear what we have from the previous summer, I don't buy new each season.

Tell me something cute your children did/said/sang at the Sedarim. Smile

happytobemom

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 1:45 am
simcha4 wrote:
I don't put away all the winter clothing until Shavuos b/c the weather is still changeable until then.
We still keep cardigans, light sweaters, jackets, out.
Re colors: I don't wear mainly black in the summer. A black skirt, with pastel colored, or not "hot" colors tops. I like twin-sets.
We wear what we have from the previous summer, I don't buy new each season.

Tell me something cute your children did/said/sang at the Sedarim. Smile

My 7 and 9 year olds said ma nishtana in Yiddish. We don't speak any Yiddish at home, nor do they learn Yiddish in school, but this they did learn, and it was beautiful and adorable!
My 15 year old son decided to say ma nishtana like his little sisters - standing on his chair! It was quite a sight!

Tell me about an interesting/different/unique Pesach minhag

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:26 am
happytobemom wrote:
My 7 and 9 year olds said ma nishtana in Yiddish. We don't speak any Yiddish at home, nor do they learn Yiddish in school, but this they did learn, and it was beautiful and adorable!
My 15 year old son decided to say ma nishtana like his little sisters - standing on his chair! It was quite a sight!

Tell me about an interesting/different/unique Pesach minhag

Anyone have an answer? This game is begging to continue....

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:42 am
I don't know if it's that interesting but we use a banana for carpas. Bc that's the minhag of the rav In my city ..

Tell me about you're daily schedule

happytobemom

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 4:00 pm
singleagain wrote:
I don't know if it's that interesting but we use a banana for carpas. Bc that's the minhag of the rav In my city ..

Tell me about you're daily schedule

I think the first time I heard of that was from you last year, singleagain!

Wake up (sort of), get the kids off to school, lay back in bed, get up and get myself ready for my day, get to job #1 (hopefully on time), get to job #2, get home (should be doing that already now!), then comes afternoon rush! Dinner, homework, bath time, bedtime, all wonderful kid things BARUCH HASHEM!

Tell me about your first Challah after Pesach

(My 4 year old, who proclaimed proudly on Pesach that she doesn't like matzah, got her first piece of challah this Shabbos and asked for matzah! Very Happy )

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:26 pm
happytobemom wrote:
I think the first time I heard of that was from you last year, singleagain!

Wake up (sort of), get the kids off to school, lay back in bed, get up and get myself ready for my day, get to job #1 (hopefully on time), get to job #2, get home (should be doing that already now!), then comes afternoon rush! Dinner, homework, bath time, bedtime, all wonderful kid things BARUCH HASHEM!

Tell me about your first Challah after Pesach

(My 4 year old, who proclaimed proudly on Pesach that she doesn't like matzah, got her first piece of challah this Shabbos and asked for matzah! Very Happy )

Very Happy that's so cute!

We bought challah for Shabbos. It was delicious, one could taste that it was fresh.

What I like about Pesach food/ and food made after Pesach, is that it tastes so deliciously fresh.

Tell me about staying hydrated in the summer? How do you remind yourself to drink water regularly?

Alwaysmiling

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:32 pm
so true! All bakes goods in grocery are so fresh. I cant stop eating them. All weight lost over pesoch I gain in those few days after yom tov.

I love this bottle, you can find it on amazon and even found it on Shein.com. Maybe its a trend but for the time being it really works well.

https://us.shein.com/1pc-Rando.....ode=1

Tell me how you felt the first time you saw your husband.

happytobemom

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 4:06 pm
Alwaysmiling wrote:
so true! All bakes goods in grocery are so fresh. I cant stop eating them. All weight lost over pesoch I gain in those few days after yom tov.

I love this bottle, you can find it on amazon and even found it on Shein.com. Maybe its a trend but for the time being it really works well.

https://us.shein.com/1pc-Rando.....ode=1

Tell me how you felt the first time you saw your husband.

One of my first thoughts when we met the first time was that he looked just like his sister (who was in school with me)!

Tell me about what to do when you're feeling really dizzy Shaking

GLUE

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 5:24 pm
happytobemom wrote:
One of my first thoughts when we met the first time was that he looked just like his sister (who was in school with me)!

Tell me about what to do when you're feeling really dizzy Shaking

Lay down and raise your ankles higher then your head,it helps to put something under your feet to hold them up.

Tell me about shoe shopping.

simcha4

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 8:38 am
GLUE wrote:
Lay down and raise your ankles higher then your head,it helps to put something under your feet to hold them up.

Tell me about shoe shopping.

Whatever type of shoes you are looking to buy, make sure they are comfortable and a good fit. It's not worth buying that elegant, 5 inch heel, pointy shoes, that you love, if you are gong to end off hobbling in pain.
imho Smile

Tell me about things you do to prepare yourself spiritually for Shavous/Kabolas haTorah?

happytobemom

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 5:42 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Whatever type of shoes you are looking to buy, make sure they are comfortable and a good fit. It's not worth buying that elegant, 5 inch heel, pointy shoes, that you love, if you are gong to end off hobbling in pain.
imho Smile

Tell me about things you do to prepare yourself spiritually for Shavous/Kabolas haTorah?

Listen to shiurim, a lot of tehillim when the men and boys go to learn, particularly פרק קיט

Tell me about something you like better about the winter over the summer

SG18

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 6:13 pm
I think cozy sweaters are so flattering while being super comfy

Tell me about how you felt when you finished putting the Pesach dishes away?

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 5:59 am
SG18 wrote:

Tell me about how you felt when you finished putting the Pesach dishes away?

That was a while ago, but probably a mixture of relief and exhaustion.

Tell me about a gift you really enjoyed receiving.
Page 101 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 100  101 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics