Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 102  103  104  Next

simcha4

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:49 am
MommyM wrote:
They're solid color with touch screen tips (although I still find it rather annoying to use with my phone).
Tell me about your job.

I love it. It's stimulating and I'm able to work from home.

Tell me about marrying off one's youngest?

MommyM

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:59 am
You arrange the wedding and go home to an empty nest. (I don't know too much more.... nowhere near that stage in life. My oldest is under 10.)

Tell me about how you shop for clothes.

Comptroller

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 9:02 am
MommyM wrote:
You arrange the wedding and go home to an empty nest. (I don't know too much more.... nowhere near that stage in life. My oldest is under 10.)

I don't. I'd rather wear the same clothes for years than go shopping.

Tell me about which zemiros are your favorites

simcha4

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 9:04 am
MommyM wrote:

I go to clothing stores. I don't like shopping online.

TMA your favorite hobby?

effess

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:36 pm
Hobby: hiking rough terrain

Zemiros: slow heartfelt ones

Tell me about an interesting experience you had in eretz Yisrael

Tof Umachol

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 4:53 am
effess wrote:

Tell me about an interesting experience you had in eretz Yisrael

I live in EY and it has been much too interesting here lately. I am looking forward to some boring.

Tell me about something you daven for.

MommyM

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:12 pm
I daven that when my kids grow up, they should continue to go in the Torah's ways.

Tell me about your favorite mitzva.

Gt

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 3:29 pm
I love baking and taking challah.I appreciate the special opportunity. I put my whole heart into it with intense tefillos , and get to be artistic shaping the challos into different beautiful shapes. My family appreciates the efforts although I don’t do it every week , I hope I’m passing the chashivus and chavivas hamitzva to them.

Tell me about how you like to prepare for guests.

MommyM

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 10:42 pm
I plan the menu days in advance and stress until everything's ready.
Tell me about your laundry schedule.

effess

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 11:01 pm
After work, one load, if I remember to switch it to the dryer, then a second load.
Each day, rinse and repeat (pun intended)
Sunday lots of loads.

TMA your toddlers cutest comments.

MommyM

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 12:20 am
We were talking about the Parsha, and I asked her "Who sang and danced with the tambourine?" Her answer: "Morah." "Who crossed the Yam Suf?" "Me." (Because they acted it out in school.)

Tell me about your kitchen setup.

effess

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 2:07 am
Counter, sink, counter, stove, counter, breakfast table and chairs, counter, second sink, fridge, door

Tell me about your next door neighbor growing up.

Comptroller

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 6:17 am
effess wrote:
Counter, sink, counter, stove, counter, breakfast table and chairs, counter, second sink, fridge, door

Tell me about your next door neighbor growing up.

My next door neighbor was not particularly interesting, but I had a friend in the block opposite mine. I lived on the 6th floor, she was on second floor and I could wave from our kitchen window to her balcony. Does this count?

She was an only child and her family often took me on hikes with them. When her parents had to go away, for a few days, she moved in with us.

They had a TV set, we did not, so I loved to watch TV at her house, but most of times she found TV boring and preferred to go out and play with me.

We also went to school together, we were in the same class, but in school we had different friends, we were not together that much, only in our free time.

When we were 10, her little brother was born and I loved to baby the baby.

Tell me about a childhood friend.

effess

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:42 pm
She was the oldest, had very curly hair
She had only sisters
Her house smelled like chlorine
She loved to read so I was second fiddle sometimes.
We were the same height for years. We loved playing Chinese jump rope

Tell us about a childhood store you’d often go to.

Comptroller

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:47 am
effess wrote:
She was the oldest, had very curly hair
She had only sisters
Her house smelled like chlorine
She loved to read so I was second fiddle sometimes.
We were the same height for years. We loved playing Chinese jump rope

Tell us about a childhood store you’d often go to.

The candy store next to my school. You could buy chewing-gum by the piece (10 cents) or 20 small candies, lollypops, chocolate, and, for the adults, it was also a coffee&pastry-shop.

From 8 to 8:25 pm, it was overcrowded with students from my school and the occasional teacher who needed a cup of coffee to start a day of hard labor.

Later, my family moved and I went to another school, in the middle of beautiful nature, but I could not care less. There was no candy shop in walking distance! It was a bitter fate. How is it even worthwhile to get up in the morning and go to school with no candy shop nearby?

Tell me about a big disappointment when you were a child/teenager.

Gt

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:38 pm
Comptroller wrote:
The candy store next to my school. You could buy chewing-gum by the piece (10 cents) or 20 small candies, lollypops, chocolate, and, for the adults, it was also a coffee&pastry-shop.

From 8 to 8:25 pm, it was overcrowded with students from my school and the occasional teacher who needed a cup of coffee to start a day of hard labor.

Later, my family moved and I went to another school, in the middle of beautiful nature, but I could not care less. There was no candy shop in walking distance! It was a bitter fate. How is it even worthwhile to get up in the morning and go to school with no candy shop nearby?

Tell me about a big disappointment when you were a child/teenager.

I had the main part in a performance. I practiced so much and worked so hard for it. The night before the big show I wasn’t feeling well but wanted to do the show anyway. My mother wouldn’t let me do the show . As a mother now I understand , but as a teenager I was very disappointed.

Tell us about a fear you overcame .

effess

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 2:16 am
I was afraid of going to work. From 0-12 I did nothing. Then I got into things but it was very slow. By the time I was 21 I was working full time.
I still have the fear, but I’m mostly past it.
The fears and triggers usually resurface at the end of holiday or other breaks.

Tell us about the best dessert you’ve ever made.

Comptroller

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 3:07 am
effess wrote:
I was afraid of going to work. From 0-12 I did nothing. Then I got into things but it was very slow. By the time I was 21 I was working full time.
I still have the fear, but I’m mostly past it.
The fears and triggers usually resurface at the end of holiday or other breaks.

Tell us about the best dessert you’ve ever made.

"Best" in this context, is relative to the desserts I made in my life, so I apologize in advance to all the master cooks here who might find it ridiculous.

I like to make ice cake, preferably milchig. It has three layers of icecream (chocolate, banana with chocolate chips, raspberry or blueberry) plus a thin layer of sponge cake at the bottom (top when you fill it), and I must try to add a chocolate coating on top...

I once found a nice pudding mould which gives it a nice shape, and I even have 6 baby pudding moulds, so I could do mama ice cake with 6 ice cake children.

It's better milchig, because with parve cream all layers tend to taste more or less the same.

Tell us about a big success in your life.

Gt

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:44 pm
Comptroller wrote:
"Best" in this context, is relative to the desserts I made in my life, so I apologize in advance to all the master cooks here who might find it ridiculous.

I like to make ice cake, preferably milchig. It has three layers of icecream (chocolate, banana with chocolate chips, raspberry or blueberry) plus a thin layer of sponge cake at the bottom (top when you fill it), and I must try to add a chocolate coating on top...

I once found a nice pudding mould which gives it a nice shape, and I even have 6 baby pudding moulds, so I could do mama ice cake with 6 ice cake children.

It's better milchig, because with parve cream all layers tend to taste more or less the same.

Tell us about a big success in your life.

I was put in a new situation, in a new location, with mostly unfamiliar people and high expectations. With Hashems help I rose to the occasion , I chose to focus , and not get overwhelmed , and daven for help and guidance. BH I was successful in that situation and the mission but the part I consider the real success was my focus and my determination to have a good attitude and not allow the magnitude, unfamiliarity, and lonliness to overtake me.

Tell us about a “small” kindness you did for someone that made a difference to them. (Your own family counts !)

Comptroller

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:14 pm
Gt wrote:
I was put in a new situation, in a new location, with mostly unfamiliar people and high expectations. With Hashems help I rose to the occasion , I chose to focus , and not get overwhelmed , and daven for help and guidance. BH I was successful in that situation and the mission but the part I consider the real success was my focus and my determination to have a good attitude and not allow the magnitude, unfamiliarity, and lonliness to overtake me.

Tell us about a “small” kindness you did for someone that made a difference to them. (Your own family counts !)

I helped an old lady in the store by handing her something she wanted to buy from the top shelf she could not reach.

Tell us about a situation where you had a feeling of intense satifaction.
Page 103 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics