Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Monsey - free meals VENT
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:19 am
The schools are using their own busses and own drivers to deliver. The drivers are getting paid through the gov. program. The schools who aren't delivering are making more money.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:02 am
Lunch was just delivered! For those of you who signed up last week, be on the lookout for your food.

itsmeima

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:06 am
I’m so jealous! I feel like I’m cooking and cleaning all day Can't Believe It

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:53 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I’m so jealous! I feel like I’m cooking and cleaning all day Can't Believe It

Why don't you go too, if you have kids under 18?
As for the program, like most gov programs, too little oversight, too much money spent on the wrong things, and the little guys losing out.
But I'm still happy mosdos are making money, because they are going to be pretty financially strapped for along while (hope not, but most likely).

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 3:03 pm
Sorry a little off topic but does anyone know of a kosher food drop in. Monsey where I can donate cereal, and baby cereal etc. at this time.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:31 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Sorry a little off topic but does anyone know of a kosher food drop in. Monsey where I can donate cereal, and baby cereal etc. at this time.

Kol hakavod, looking to donate!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Why don't you go too, if you have kids under 18?
As for the program, like most gov programs, too little oversight, too much money spent on the wrong things, and the little guys losing out.
But I'm still happy mosdos are making money, because they are going to be pretty financially strapped for along while (hope not, but most likely).

Most mosdos will be doing better than ever. They are still collecting tuition plus making a ton of money to the lunches plus they are paying rabbeim and teachers so it’s called maintaining their salary so the mosdos qualify to get from the government up to 10 million dollars back for maintaining their salary. I’m sure smaller mosdos will get less but the higher their payroll is the more money they get back. But usually a school that has a higher payroll has more tuition coming in.

The schools will probably making the most amount of money they ever made now.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:08 pm
For donations you can contact Tomchei Shabbos in Monsey

tizku lmitzvos

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Lunch was just delivered! For those of you who signed up last week, be on the lookout for your food.

Was there a delivery today?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 9:18 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Most mosdos will be doing better than ever. They are still collecting tuition plus making a ton of money to the lunches plus they are paying rabbeim and teachers so it’s called maintaining their salary so the mosdos qualify to get from the government up to 10 million dollars back for maintaining their salary. I’m sure smaller mosdos will get less but the higher their payroll is the more money they get back. But usually a school that has a higher payroll has more tuition coming in.

Many parents who previously paid tuition can no longer do so....maybe the money they are making off the food programs will help make up for that loss.... I don't think they're getting rich now.

Optione

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 9:21 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I wish our local schools or organizations were organizing free meals. I’m very happy with the breakfasts I get from the public school across the street from my house, but the meals being provided by the frum schools look so much heartier and more substantial.

Can I ask what you get for breakfast?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 10:27 am
Could I order from more than one place?
My sons yeshiva gives once a week for the week but I find it’s not enough.
My daughter is getting from somewhere else and getting delivered to her door everyday with much nicer food and much more.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 10:59 am
Optione wrote:
Can I ask what you get for breakfast?

It’s usually cereal, milk or chocolate milk, and graham crackers. They don’t always have it, but they have it often enough.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 12:15 pm

I would be careful to spread info you don't know for a fact. AFAIK our mosdos are NOT a money making business. Payroll still needs to be paid, I'm assuming a percentage of parents can't afford to pay tuition and PPP loan won't cover the full wages if this goes on much longer. So if the mosdos provide lunches so that they have where to cover some of the payroll expenses it doesn't mean they're making more than they ever have..... they're only recouping some of their expenses.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 12:21 pm
[quote="amother [ Natural ]"]Most mosdos will be doing better than ever. They are still collecting tuition plus making a ton of money to the lunches plus they are paying rabbeim and teachers so it’s called maintaining their salary so the mosdos qualify to get from the government up to 10 million dollars back for maintaining their salary. I’m sure smaller mosdos will get less but the higher their payroll is the more money they get back. But usually a school that has a higher payroll has more tuition coming in.

The schools will probably making the most amount of money they ever made now.[/quote

Could you stop spreading lies?? Many schools have lost significant income - the majority of the budget does not nessesarily come from tuition and they dont know yet if they will get the payroll grant. In addition, they have had to buy new technologies equipment . I know the school I work for lost a ton of money from cancelling their dinner and big fundraising which cant happen because of Covid.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:59 pm
Mir yeshiva is doing a dinner on zoom. Many yeshivas already got ppp and got a lot of money.

Bmg in Lakewood got $6 million dollars.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 7:08 pm
Mir yeshiva is doing a dinner on zoom. Many yeshivas already got ppp and got a lot of money.

BMG gets that money because they are considered to be a college. I didn't know they were providing grab and go lunches, though?

Elementary schools or high schools are not getting government grants on that scale in any case.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 7:22 pm

The school I work for lost a fortune on their dinner. It was cancelled at the last minute. It was supposed to be the day of the stay at home order . They didnt get a refund on the catering or on the hall since it was so last minute. In addition , they had to return or offer to return everyones fee that they paid for it. A dinner on zoom is not something most people would pay for unless they are truly committed to the cause .
Their big donors have stopped giving. Everyone is tight now. Tuition covers less than 50% of operating costs since most are on scholarship.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Was there a delivery today?

yes

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:27 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
BMG gets that money because they are considered to be a college. I didn't know they were providing grab and go lunches, though?

Elementary schools or high schools are not getting government grants on that scale in any case.

So they will only get 2 million dollars that’s still a lot of money.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics