Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Monsey - free meals VENT
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 11:41 pm
Where do you get the amount of 2 million? You are quite misinformed.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:06 am
It’s a ppp program that government repays you for your payroll and the higher your payroll the more money you receive. So the big schools will get over 2 million they can legally get up to ten million dollars.

Look into the program. The schools who might have a hard time getting it are the newer schools or smaller schools but a school in Monsey like yeshiva of spring valley of bas mikrah those schools are getting a lot.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:08 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
It’s a ppp program that government repays you for your payroll and the higher your payroll the more money you receive. So the big schools will get over 2 million they can legally get up to ten million dollars.

Look into the program. The schools who might have a hard time getting it are the newer schools or smaller schools but a school in Monsey like yeshiva of spring valley of bas mikrah those schools are getting a lot.

DH is involved in the running of two schools. One missed the deadline for applying for the ppp and another applied but it looks like they won't get it because one piece of paperwork wasn't perfect. some schools aren't eligible in the first place if they had to put workers on unemployment.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:11 am
Just what are you basing this on? I haven't seen mention of this anywhere. There's no place to look into this program, certainly no reputable media source....
Sorry there is no way these schools are profiting to the tune of 10 million dollars, if they were, absolutely everyone would know and would be talking about it.....
It sounds like the federal gov student loan forgiveness program. Sounded great, but in the end, maybe something less than 200 people actually were able to access it because it was so convoluted and specific. Even though probably hundreds of thousands thought they'd qualify and applied for it. The schools would not be panicking abt tuition fees if they knew they were getting millions.
Basic rule of life: if something sounds too good to be true that's because it is....

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:43 am
Can I ask a silly question? How did we go from discussing meals and meal delivery, to discussing if schools are getting money and how much? I really missed that transition....

zaq

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:50 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Can I ask a silly question? How did we go from discussing meals and meal delivery, to discussing if schools are getting money and how much? I really missed that transition....

Starting a thread is like starting a car from the outside and pushing it down hill. You can't control where it ends up.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Just what are you basing this on? I haven't seen mention of this anywhere. There's no place to look into this program, certainly no reputable media source....
Sorry there is no way these schools are profiting to the tune of 10 million dollars, if they were, absolutely everyone would know and would be talking about it.....
It sounds like the federal gov student loan forgiveness program. Sounded great, but in the end, maybe something less than 200 people actually were able to access it because it was so convoluted and specific. Even though probably hundreds of thousands thought they'd qualify and applied for it. The schools would not be panicking abt tuition fees if they knew they were getting millions.
Basic rule of life: if something sounds too good to be true that's because it is....

Many schools already received the money. If a school applied incorrectly then I don’t know what to say how are they competent to run a school. They make it so easy to apply.

Schools are getting this plus the lunch money for running the program. Plus a lot of parents are still paying full tuition.

Also I didn’t sAy schools will get 10 million dollars they can qualify to get up to 10 million dollars im sure the smaller the school the less money they will get.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:20 pm
So how much money have they gotten exactly? And which schools. Since you seem to be in the know.
If you can't give details it's just hearsay and I don't believe it. BMG is not in the same category if you bring that as proof, BMG already is considered a college and gets a lot of federal grants under that umbrella.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:22 pm
zaq wrote:
Starting a thread is like starting a car from the outside and pushing it down hill. You can't control where it ends up.

I understand that, I just don’t see the transition....

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:24 pm
Bottom line where can we go pickup food in monsey? When? (Child not in a school)

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Bottom line where can we go pickup food in monsey? When? (Child not in a school)

I don't know how to attach an image on here. If you text or watsapp me I can forward you a flyer that has information on daily and weekly pickups/dropoffs
347-262-2126

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:20 pm
Federal government is looking to stop funding the schools and instead they are giving $416 per child in school to the parents to spend on food. It’s supposed to start June one. Makes more sense this way all the money meant to spend on the child actually will be spent on the child.

keym

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:25 pm
Federal government is looking to stop funding the schools and instead they are giving $416 per child in school to the parents to spend on food. It’s supposed to start June one. Makes more sense this way all the money meant to spend on the child actually will be spent on the child.

That sounds like a really bad idea for children from abusive homes, children with parents on drugs or alcoholics who would choose to use federal funds for other things and let their children starve.
The whole system is supposed to be a way to guarantee all children get food every day, even if it's the same muffin, yogurt, apple, roll and chummus.

cnc

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:30 pm
Many schools already received the money. If a school applied incorrectly then I don’t know what to say how are they competent to run a school. They make it so easy to apply.

Schools are getting this plus the lunch money for running the program. Plus a lot of parents are still paying full tuition.

Also I didn’t sAy schools will get 10 million dollars they can qualify to get up to 10 million dollars im sure the smaller the school the less money they will get.

You are extremely misinformed in many aspects.
Firstly they do not make it easy to apply. On the contrary.
Secondly, the funding was very very limited .
Thirdly, for those that did receive it ,now it seems that forgiveness will be extremely difficult to obtain.

So for the schools that did manage to get it - it’s a loan . They did not make any money. They simply got a loan with a very low interest rate that needs to be repaid.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:40 pm
keym wrote:
That sounds like a really bad idea for children from abusive homes, children with parents on drugs or alcoholics who would choose to use federal funds for other things and let their children starve.
The whole system is supposed to be a way to guarantee all children get food every day, even if it's the same muffin, yogurt, apple, roll and chummus.

The parents aren’t getting money to use for anything it’s a card that can only be used in the grocery store for food do you think the government is really that stupid it’s going to be like a food stamp card.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:45 pm
cnc wrote:
You are extremely misinformed in many aspects.
Firstly they do not make it easy to apply. On the contrary.
Secondly, the funding was very very limited .
Thirdly, for those that did receive it ,now it seems that forgiveness will be extremely difficult to obtain.

So for the schools that did manage to get it - it’s a loan . They did not make any money. They simply got a loan with a very low interest rate that needs to be repaid.

You are extremely misinformed. It’s only a loan if you Don’t use it to pay your payroll but if you use it to pay your regular payroll then you can keep the money.

Do a regular google search type in, is ppp money forgivable and you will get your answer.

This is why schools are paying their teachers and not letting them go on unemployment where teachers and rebbeim will actually make more money by getting an extra $600 a week.

The schools want to pay payroll thereby getting that extra $600 a week for themselves instead of the teachers getting it.

First Lady

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:49 pm
The parents aren’t getting money to use for anything it’s a card that can only be used in the grocery store for food do you think the government is really that stupid it’s going to be like a food stamp card.

This would be way more effective! I hope this is true!

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:56 pm
First Lady wrote:
This would be way more effective! I hope this is true!

It’s a bill in the process of being passed hopefully by June 1. The just shows how
Much money schools were making on the meals that now they are giving it straight to the parents it make so much sense. Basically its $100 a week per child schools weren’t giving that much money out in food.

cnc

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:00 pm
You are extremely misinformed. It’s only a loan if you Don’t use it to pay your payroll but if you use it to pay your regular payroll then you can keep the money.

Do a regular google search type in, is ppp money forgivable and you will get your answer.

This is why schools are paying their teachers and not letting them go on unemployment where teachers and rebbeim will actually make more money by getting an extra $600 a week.

The schools want to pay payroll thereby getting that extra $600 a week for themselves instead of the teachers getting it.

Unfortunately it’s a lot more nuanced than that....
Google helps when you want general information but this loan is not simple at all. Google is not an accurate source for specific cases and scenarios.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:08 pm

If that is the case, it's probably for the whole summer. $416 is not that much spread out over a couple of months.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics