Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Monsey - free meals VENT
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:32 pm
cnc wrote:
Unfortunately it’s a lot more nuanced than that....
Google helps when you want general information but this loan is not simple at all. Google is not an accurate source for specific cases and scenarios.

I got the loan for my business I know the rules.

Please don’t make something so simple sound so complicated to pretend the schools aren’t making a lot of money now.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:33 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
If that is the case, it's probably for the whole summer. $416 is not that much spread out over a couple of months.

It’s $416 a month per child. Hopefully starting June 1. Every month the card will be refilled.

cnc

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:34 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

Please don’t make something so simple sound so complicated to pretend the schools aren’t making a lot of money now.

I’m not going to sit and fight with an anonymous mother.
I’m glad that you got the loan and sincerely hope it works out well for you and that you’re not left with a large debt.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:38 pm
It’s $416 a month per child. Hopefully starting June 1. Every month the card will be refilled.

Wait and see. It may have qualifications, like the family needs to qualify under free and reduced lunch Title 1 guidelines. I will be surprised if this is given for every single school age child in NY. Just don't see that happening. It's better to have realistic expectations.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:39 pm
It’s a bill in the process of being passed hopefully by June 1. The just shows how
Much money schools were making on the meals that now they are giving it straight to the parents it make so much sense. Basically its $100 a week per child schools weren’t giving that much money out in food.

Do you have a link to this information? Is this going to be only for children who qualify for free/reduced lunch?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:49 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Do you have a link to this information? Is this going to be only for children who qualify for free/reduced lunch?

No it saids for all children in school the same way the schools are now getting money for all children in school.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:53 pm
Where did you see this?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 11:50 pm

And my DH didn’t get the loan. Now what?
Many ppl applied and didn’t get.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 11:53 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

That’s correct it depends on what kind of business you have if your business qualifies. But schools qualify and schools are getting it. I don’t know what type of business your husband has.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:20 am
So just where did you see all this info listed? And you still haven't cited where this food money info was posted. Agree with the poster that said not to rely on google.
If it's out there, everyone would be talking about it. Color me very very skeptical.
And you never listed a single school besides BMG, so your posts aren't very credible. Sorry.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 3:17 am
If you go to Lakewood scoop they list many places that got money. Just look for it and you will Find it. It’s not so difficult.

Yeshiva of spring valley in Monsey sent the parents a letter that they are reducing tuition because of ppp according to how much money they recieve. So yes some schools are being nice and passing the savings to the parents and some are just double dipping and forcing parents to pay tuition plus they are getting a lot of money from the government

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 6:22 am
If you go to Lakewood scoop they list many places that got money. Just look for it and you will Find it. It’s not so difficult.

Yeshiva of spring valley in Monsey sent the parents a letter that they are reducing tuition because of ppp according to how much money they recieve. So yes some schools are being nice and passing the savings to the parents and some are just double dipping and forcing parents to pay tuition plus they are getting a lot of money from the government

Unless you have a behind in the scenes picture of every school you should really stop posting your rechilus. Even if most schools got it, which many didn’t for various reasons, you have no idea what percentage of costs tuition covers and how much is covered by fundraising. Many schools have a majority of famililes paying significantly less than costs (if they charge full tuition of $10,000 or more than I understand the question ) and tuition doesn’t even cover their major expenses. Fundraising is not happening now. I don’t see the school administrators becoming rich.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 6:36 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

A lot of banks ran out of money to give out very quickly. So if you didn’t get the paperwork in on Monday of erev pesach, you didn’t get money in many cases. If a school is working on reduced staff (because you’re telling them to furlough their secretaries to save money) they might not have pulled together the thousands of pages of paperwork in time ( I did it for my mothers tiny office and it was over 300 pages, I can’t imagine what it is for a full school).

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:22 am

YSV sent out another email stating that they cant give a reduction based on money received from the program. They werent aware of the details regarding the program when they sent out the first email

YSV is giving a tuition deduction across the board. They clearly state that it's not related to the PPP money they recieved, but directly related to helping out during this crisis

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:18 am

I think it's so weird you refuse to list any.
I don't consider the Lakewood scoop a reliable source.
If it's true why wouldn't Vin or ywn etc have it. They are sensationalistic to be sure, but they only post verified stuff. Sorry your posts still have no credibility.I
And you never said where you read about all kids getting 400 bucks a month for food. You conveniently ignore that.
Don't go posting wild stuff, if you can't (or wont?) back it up.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:35 am

You really expect people to believe you are a source of reliable information when you post information that doesn't pass the most minimal of believability tests.

You are saying a program that will start on JUNE FIRST will give every child $416. No one has heard of this program.

There is not a single mention of it anywhere.

Who is funding this program? Why would it be specific to children's food irrespective of eligibility for food stamps.

The current lunch program is funded through the Federal lunch program to a great extent and essentially does away with requirement that school lunch subsidies be used for food eaten in "congregate" settings - e.g. on school premises. Some places like New York City are using city funds so that the school lunches are available for any person including adults even though the subsidy is for children.

I don't know how non-public schools are handling their food reimbursements since regulations are complicated depending on percentage of children who quality for subsidized lunch normally. Don't some private schools collect money for lunches upfront from parents?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I think it's so weird you refuse to list any.
I don't consider the Lakewood scoop a reliable source.
If it's true why wouldn't Vin or ywn etc have it. They are sensationalistic to be sure, but they only post verified stuff. Sorry your posts still have no credibility.I
And you never said where you read about all kids getting 400 bucks a month for food. You conveniently ignore that.
Don't go posting wild stuff, if you can't (or wont?) back it up.

If you read it’s out there. I don’t know how to post picture so I can’t send screen shots but when it happens you will see it’s true. right now it’s a bill waiting to pass. You don’t have to believe it.

Next I applied for ppp way after pesach. There are criteria and certain business qualify and certain don’t. I applied after people on imamother said that they ran out of money but I still got it. So I guess Imamother was wrong.

There are so many lists of schools that received ppp if you look online you can see it. And ysv letter did state it’s because of ppp that they are giving a discount. So many business got helped I don’t know why you are pretending no one got helped. So many businesses got the $10,000 grant plus the ppp.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:42 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
You really expect people to believe you are a source of reliable information when you post information that doesn't pass the most minimal of believability tests.

You are saying a program that will start on JUNE FIRST will give every child $416. No one has heard of this program.

There is not a single mention of it anywhere.

Who is funding this program? Why would it be specific to children's food irrespective of eligibility for food stamps.

The current lunch program is funded through the Federal lunch program to a great extent and essentially does away with requirement that school lunch subsidies be used for food eaten in "congregate" settings - e.g. on school premises. Some places like New York City are using city funds so that the school lunches are available for any person including adults even though the subsidy is for children.

I don't know how non-public schools are handling their food reimbursements since regulations are complicated depending on percentage of children who quality for subsidized lunch normally. Don't some private schools collect money for lunches upfront from parents?

This is a bill they are trying to pass it wasn’t passed yet. Second schools that charge for lunch are refunding parents for these next few months because it came out with a federal program that every child qualifies nothing to do with income eligibility.

This program is called pandemic ebt right now it’s for Income legibility but they are opening it up for everyone. Google it if you don’t believe me. Some states are giving less money per child and some more. You can simply google p-ebt card.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:44 am
The only place you listed is the Lakewood scoop. You don't need to do a screenshot to simply list sources.
But I agree with cnc at this point, except I will add, I am concerned by your reckless posting convincing people of wild rumors and lead them to spending money they don't have.

Your continuing to ignore requests to give ANY source about the food money you claim is coming in, let's see, two and a half weeks, speaks volumes.
If this was truly happening it would be on the front page of the New York times, never mind places like yeshiva world news.
Just because something is up for a bill doesn't mean much. If it hasn't passed, don't bank on it. You know how much wild stuff gets put up? The majority gets voted down. Or passes is a very watered down version.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:47 am
This is a bill they are trying to pass it wasn’t passed yet. Second schools that charge for lunch are refunding parents for these next few months because it came out with a federal program that every child qualifies nothing to do with income eligibility.

This program is called pandemic ebt right now it’s for Income legibility but they are opening it up for everyone. Google it if you don’t believe me. Some states are giving less money per child and some more. You can simply google p-ebt card.

Please provide a link to even ONE article in which this planned program is being discussed because I am an excellent researcher and read news sources extensively and haven't seen it mentioned.

As I wrote, even if this is being discussed you stetted that it was to start on JUNE FIRST which is about two weeks from now. So a law that hasn't been passed; isn't in the news as being proposed will be passed AND implemented in two weeks.

Again, the CARES Act provided specific amounts of money for each child and that was a big deal. There is nothing I have read that additional child subsidies are being seriously proposed except for suggestions of guaranteed income of $2000 per month but that isn't viewed as happening - at least until Biden is elected; McConnell is no longer the Senate Majority Leader and there is the equivalent of a New Deal starting in January 2021 Very Happy
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics