Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  Previous  1  2  3   28  29  30  Next

paintbrush

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:14 pm
Zehava wrote:
Anyone thinks her parents slipped her some abortion pills? Or is that too scandalous

It said she didn’t eat or drink anything since she landed

paintbrush

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:16 pm
suremom wrote:
2 things.
1- Why wasnt this vacation scheduled for straight after mikva? how was she able to feel so sick so soon? If it was 2 weeks after gestation wasnt she anticipating a cycle? I would go on vacay like that....

2- assuming she was 2 weeks pregnant when she arrived, plus upto 2 weeks she was at shifras, 4 weeks is too early to detect heartbeat.

Something doesnt add up...

That’s why I think it might just be a cliff hanger to build suspense and then the doctor will tell her it’s too early to hear it and come back

Einikel

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:21 pm
paintbrush wrote:
That’s why I think it might just be a cliff hanger to build suspense and then the doctor will tell her it’s too early to hear it and come back

I was thinking the same

suremom

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Wow, your period must run like clockwork. Mine ranges from 35 to 54 to as much as 80 days.... I know I'm pregnant when I feel nausea.

I just wrote approximate numbers. Most people dont have cycles from 35-80 days... Point still stands.

suremom

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:36 pm
paintbrush wrote:

That doesnt make sense. Then the Dr. wouldve said 'we cant see the heartbeat yet.' Not, 'I'm sorry, there is no heartbeat'.

berryshortcake

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:33 pm
Did anyone else notice- she was speaking to her younger sister. Her sister mentioned some of the rumors she was hearing. One of which was that her father planted the drugs. Who knows.

paintbrush

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 5:10 pm
berryshortcake wrote:
Did anyone else notice- she was speaking to her younger sister. Her sister mentioned some of the rumors she was hearing. One of which was that her father planted the drugs. Who knows.

Yes by my guess that it’s just a rumor and won’t end up being what actually happened.
It also seems like the selfish trait runs in this family. When her sister saw her the first time she came back she could of asked how she is feeling, or say I’m sorry for what you are going through, but all she did was complain how people will gossip about her divorce.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:56 pm
Love the serial! She better not be having a miss though-how much more can one girl take?!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:04 pm
She will think for the next two weeks it's a miscarriage and everyone besides her parents will be devastated. Her parents will tell her it's bashert now you have no reason to stay with shalom.

Chava will grow and challenge her parents and stick by her husband even with no baby on way. She will go back to doctor and they will detect a heartbeat and say wow it was just too early last time you must have tested very early. Chava will be overjoyed and now know she chose shalom not just by default because they were going to be parents.

I should probably say spoiler alert even though I'm not the writer because it seems very obvious to me

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:17 pm
When I read a fictional story I usually match up a character with a real life person I know. Anyone else do that? I know someone who I can so see her being Chava's mother, controlling and all. So yes, sadly there are such people out there.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:20 pm
Einikel wrote:
I was thinking the same

It would be six weeks, and that is just about the right time to see one but could be touch and go if they are off by a few days.

The positive test only comes at four weeks pregnant so she would have to be 5 or 6 by the time she returned home.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:36 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
She will think for the next two weeks it's a miscarriage and everyone besides her parents will be devastated. Her parents will tell her it's bashert now you have no reason to stay with shalom.

Chava will grow and challenge her parents and stick by her husband even with no baby on way. She will go back to doctor and they will detect a heartbeat and say wow it was just too early last time you must have tested very early. Chava will be overjoyed and now know she chose shalom not just by default because they were going to be parents.

I should probably say spoiler alert even though I'm not the writer because it seems very obvious to me

You seem to be right!

50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage? Really?!? Get your facts right!

Talking about Ami Living, was anyone else turned off by last week's Truth and Consequences? Totally sounded made up. Why wouldn't the daughter explain to her mother why she couldn't come? That she was doing it for her mother's own safety and daas Torah advised her not to go? And also, why did the daughter not call her mother at all until after Pesach was over?

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:38 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
You seem to be right!

Talking about Ami Living, was anyone else turned off by last week's Truth and Consequences? Totally sounded made up. Why wouldn't the daughter explain to her mother why she couldn't come? That she was doing it for her mother's own safety and daas Torah advised her not to go? And also, why did the daughter not call her mother at all until after Pesach was over?

Yes plenty truth and consequences don’t make sense buy hey, I missed it this week. They didn’t have one.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:39 am
Where is this? I’m not subscribed to Ami. Is it a book?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:40 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:

Weekly magazine
http://www.amimagazine.org/

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:42 am
Also, why doesn't Shalom explain to his wife how he ended up with the drugs? I feel like the author just wanted to make a story out of it. If she would understand what happened, she would trust him, and there would be no story.

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:45 am
I didn’t appreciate her behavior this week how she left her parents waiting for her without updating them after the drs visit.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:45 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:

No no please, do not read it. TMI TMI

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:28 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I didn’t appreciate her behavior this week how she left her parents waiting for her without updating them after the drs visit.

I don’t appreciate her behavior any week. She’s got to be the most selfish, self-centered character I can think of. Has she ever considered another person besides herself?

(I only read it, because my teenaged daughter is reading it, and I like to know what she’s reading. . .)

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:33 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
You seem to be right!

ME!!!!

I was so angry such a story was published! Where is kibbud aim? It was not virtuous IMO.

Besides, if she was the only child to go, I would maybe understand...but ALL the siblings went anyway!

Her lonely mother has only her kids to enjoy, and she chose to deprive her? Will she feels good about it after her mother is no longer here? Banging head
Page 2 of 30   Previous  1  2  3   28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room