Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Toras simcha -baltimore
Previous  1  2

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 1:40 am
Hopeful365 wrote:
Can any Imas who are current Toras Simcha parents PM me? We're seriously considering TS and would like some current information about it. Thanks

I will PM you. There have been some recent changes (not relevant to post in a public forum) that may be helpful to you in your decision.

Busy as a bee

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 1:44 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
I will PM you. There have been some recent changes (not relevant to post in a public forum) that may be helpful to you in your decision.

Can you PM me as well?

THANKS

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 5:48 pm
Not what you are asking, but we send to TI and are so so happy BH.

Optione

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 6:11 pm

Hi. We are at the point of deciding a school for my son. I'm looking for some current information on it. I looked at their website and spoke to a teacher there. Now I'd love the perspective of a parent. Thanks!

The Happy Wife

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:29 pm

Can you PM me as well? I was also looking into this school.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 8:38 pm
Since enough people are asking, I will just share that Rabbi Itzkowitz recently turned in his resignation effective the end of the school year. The board is committed to finding a strong and capable replacement but there are some questions as to why he is leaving. Neither he nor the board are sharing that information.

So even though we are very happy there, if I were a prospective parent, I would think twice since it's not 100% clear what's going on and why.

Hopeful365

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 10:33 am
Hi, could any TS imas give an update on how things are at TS this year? Feel free to DM me if more comfortable.

kineret

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 1:02 pm
Would love to hear more info too!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 1:40 pm
I'm a current parent. The school spent many months trying to find a suitable replacement and were not successful. They ended up hiring Rabbi Hillel Mandel (of Torah Umesorah, he is a mechanech's mechanech) as an interim. They are now looking for someone for next year. Last year, they only started Pesach time so there was a small candidate pool. Now, they started right away in September so it seems like there are many more options. Rabbi Mandel is great and seems to be making a lot of changes behind the scenes, creating more clear policies and procedures.

From a parent perspective, the school seems to be just as wonderful as it was before. We almost took out my son and I'm glad we didn't. Still amazing Rebbeim, a lot of positive energy, and warm environment.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 1:56 pm
I am a TA mom, but I just wanted to chime in here and say that Toras Simcha has a fantastic reputation both now and before with the previous principal. It's known as a warm yeshiva, warm rabbeim, good teachers, happy kids, and happy parents.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics