Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Israel
Previous  1  2  3  4

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 6:43 am
Ah, found it:

https://www.jpost.com/breaking.....29628

Quote:
...at a press conference on May 4 that Netanyahu said that restrictions would be restored if the Health Ministry saw any of the following three scenarios: More than 100 new patients per day, a doubling of the number of patients in 10 days, or 250 patients in serious condition.

So far we have 2 out of 3...

Oh well! That was a month ago, and everybody knows that things politicians say a whole month ago don't count anymore.

banana123

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 6:55 am
DrMom wrote:
Ah, found it:

https://www.jpost.com/breaking.....29628

Quote:
...at a press conference on May 4 that Netanyahu said that restrictions would be restored if the Health Ministry saw any of the following three scenarios: More than 100 new patients per day, a doubling of the number of patients in 10 days, or 250 patients in serious condition.

So far we have 2 out of 3...

Oh well! That was a month ago, and everybody knows that things politicians say a whole month ago don't count anymore.

He didn't say restrictions would be restored. He said we will need to rethink/ reexamine our next steps when we reach one of those three points. He intentionally aimed low to give us time to think before things got too serious and out of control.

I don't know why Jpost misquoted him. I know that's what they wrote, and the mistake is theirs, not yours. I do not know why they couldn't be bothered to write the exact translation of what he said.

I do know that today they put the brakes on the reopening.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:06 am
banana123 wrote:
He didn't say restrictions would be restored. He said we will need to rethink/ reexamine our next steps when we reach one of those three points. He intentionally aimed low to give us time to think before things got too serious and out of control.

I don't know why Jpost misquoted him. I know that's what they wrote, and the mistake is theirs, not yours. I do not know why they couldn't be bothered to write the exact translation of what he said.

Thanks for providing correct info (yeah, I was just quoting the JPost; couldn't find the original Hebrew).

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:09 am
we didn't double the patients in 10 days, not even close.

we're at 2500 active cases today, the lowest we've been was just under 2000

banana123

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:24 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
we didn't double the patients in 10 days, not even close.

we're at 2500 active cases today, the lowest we've been was just under 2000

Bibi didn't say we had to meet all 3 criteria in order to rethink, just one of them.

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:36 am
I think it's actually a good thing that they discover the new cases, rather than having the virus spread silently and then suddenly be out of control....

Last edited by Ora in town on Mon, Jun 08 2020, 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

etky

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:56 am
banana123 wrote:

Except that they just approved weddings and events of up to 250 people.
Guess that protest that the event hall owners staged yesterday was pretty effective....
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics