Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Photography: Digital cameras
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Zahava

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 6:49 pm
Not nearly as much as I would like to know. I'm still in the "asking questions" phase. I enjoy photography and read alot but don't have that much hands on experience. I have a canon rebel (film) and experimented quite a bit. But the results are too long in coming with film cameras, and then I don't remember how I altered the settings. So for now I just take on Auto mode and dream about a digital SLR.

chayitty

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 7:05 pm
wat rebel model do u have??? till about 2 months ago I didnt know a thig about cameras....and I seriously mean I didnt know a thing. im taking a photography course it a corrspondence and its tona of fun....if u wanna know about more just pm me

Zahava

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 7:15 pm
I noticed you posted about the course but I assume its out of my budget for now, and I have to make do with any free online tutorial and such.

I actually have the EOS 300 which is in the same line as the rebel g and rebel 2000 which people are more familiar with.

Last edited by Zahava on Fri, Mar 07 2008, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

chayitty

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 8:08 pm
thats cool...are the online courses easy to understand???? I dont know ur budget and im not pushing u just wanted to let u know that it was a lot cheaper then I thought its $800 if u pay in full and $1000 if u make payments....... for me its an investment thing I wanna go into this line of work so......

Zahava

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 8:59 pm
For a business investment it's downright cheap!!

I just read snitches and snatches whenever I find any, but I'm sure nothing compares to a real photography course.

mugsisme

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 9:17 pm
chayitty wrote:
yeah, I got a 40d from canon....plus I got 2 lenses 18-50 f2.8, from sigma & 50-150 f2.8 also from sigma.....do u know about cameras?

Oh wow! That is some set up!!! I would love to see pictures, especially the 50-150 lens. I keep drooling over it. Let me know how it feels in your hand. I found, for me, the heavier cameras just hurt my hand too much.

Please post pictures as soon as you start using the camera. That is a very sweet camera.

Leah

chayitty

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 9:21 pm
yeah im so hyped..... u told me about the 50-150 from sigma... I think.....anyhow I went to b&h and my hub was in a total spending mood so I took advantage....I was using nikon so I have alot to figure out so im gonna read the book tonight...(if I eva get off this comp.) the guy that helped us was so knowlagable in the camera line it was so cool I never had that in a store.....wat camera and lens do u have again, mugsme?

mugsisme

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 9:43 pm
I have the Nikon D40, which is a total beginner camera. LOL.

You may want to find a tutorial. I bought one from Thom Hogan's site, but he is a Nikon man. You may also want to visit DPreview to see the canon forum there.

And yeah, sit and read your book. Make sure you do it when you have the camera in front of you. It really helps when it says, do this, and you actually do it. You are going to have so much fun with your camera.

I looked the camera course you mentioned, but it is out of my budget. I am glad you are enjoying it, though.

rebeca

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 8:31 am
I love reading all this! Congrats on your purchase!!
I wish I could just walk into a shop and buy.
I've been reading and checking for month and then started checking prices all over the world. thats just me embarrassed
Now I've finally ordered the nikon d40 with 18-55 and 55-200 VR and flah sb 400. (690 all together)I bought it in the USA and I live in Europe so it still has to get here somehow. Can't wait...anyway, at least I've ordered it already. For me the size and weight were a big point as I'm small and all those other models look massive. Also ease of use and good image quality straight of the camera where important.

Amazon is great. the flash went down another 14 dollars since I've ordered it and they straight away give you a refund. (for one month)

I've been reading photomags for years . They give you loads of advise and explanation. forums are also nice and you can learn alot from them but I prefer to lie down with a book to relax.

Anyway, enjoy your purchase and waiting to see some pics!!
PS. Do you want to get rid of you nikon lenses now that you changed over? Please let me know!

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 11:20 am
ok fuuny thing is when I was going to the store in my head I was buying either a nikon d40 or a canon xti....which is basically the same....but when I got there I saw the dif. and so I wen twith the bigger model...the main reason I went with canon is cuz I get 6fps..(pics per sec.) in nikon u only get 3fps...and when taking oics of kids it can make a massive dif.....mugsme I didnt really use my new camera...got home late and kids went to sleep...I took pics of my hub...but he deosnt let me post..duh!!
rebeca...the lenses from the nikon r my bro's the whole camera is his...sry...but b&h deos have a used department so...but u got 2 really good lenses...r they nikon or dif company?

rebeca

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 11:36 am
They are both nikon.
Don't worry, for the moment these lenses will do the job Wink my dh was already wondering why I need two...hasn't every camera got one lense... shock

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 12:05 pm
yeah my hub is also like that....I wen to b&h with him and was like ...someone wake me up when its over....but hes trying to learn he tries to teach me stuff that I learned right away...its cute

rebeca

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 4:45 am
just got this mail Sad
doesn't seem to be 'bashert'... Confused
anyway, nothing worse ;-) now we'll have to start all over again Wink

We regret to inform you that an error caused an incorrect promotional
code to be displayed on our website. We are not offering this
promotion at this time.

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we are unable to
offer the item(s) you ordered for the incorrectly posted promotional
price. Therefore, we have cancelled the item(s) from your order.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 5:02 am
breslov wrote:
I got a sony DSC P43. Anyone know if thats considered a decent camera or not?

dh said it's a nice one, except it has no optical zoom (?).
lol

mugsisme

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 3:02 pm
rebeca wrote:
just got this mail Sad
doesn't seem to be 'bashert'... Confused

I saw in the Office Max flyer that they have the Nikon D40 for $499. I don't remember how much you were going to pay for the whole set up. I thought of you when I saw it.

rebeca

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 3:17 pm
Thanks for thinking of me Very Happy The kit itself is also 499 by bh
I have someone comming on friday!
If I order it today from them it'll be 820 dollars.(camera+ kit +55-200VR +sb400) The only problem is that the people comming want to take it out of the box which I dont like so much...maybe I should wait as in three weeks I know about someone else comming.hate bothering people but its a difference of 400 dollars!!

mugsisme

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 3:27 pm
The only reason you would need the boxes is in case you had to ship the lens to be repaired. Are you going to get a camera bag? They can put it all in the bag and take it in their carry on.

Let me know what you decide to do. (I lost your email address, which is why I had to post here.)

rebeca

Post Sun, Feb 24 2008, 3:50 pm
does your pc also gets stuck when opening the photo thread here on imamother or is it only mine? ;-( I loved watching everyones pics!!

chayitty

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 8:47 pm
u really dont need the boxes...I want to get a nice camera bag...my dh said I should get a backpack type...I dunno
btw mugsme I posted pics with my new camera on the other thread...they came out nice..I think

Zahava

Post Fri, Mar 07 2008, 9:45 am
So, rebeca, did you get your camera yet?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics