Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
NY Camps Cancelled
  Previous  1  2  3 12 13  14  15  Next

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:39 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
go to your rooms.

Why going anon? We are friends and joking with each other. No mussar from an anonymous imamother necessary!

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:42 am
[quote="amother [ Bisque ]"]Rena and BYA are opening. Don't know about Masores.[/quote

My kids work at Rena and Bya and haven't heard anything directly. Although Renas website has some interesting options available.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:04 am
[quote="fleetwood"]
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Rena and BYA are opening. Don't know about Masores.[/quote

My kids work at Rena and Bya and haven't heard anything directly. Although Renas website has some interesting options available.

I'm sending my kids as campers as they sent out emails they are opening.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:36 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I'm sending my kids as campers as they sent out emails they are opening.

Rena or Bya?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:51 am
fleetwood wrote:
Why going anon? We are friends and joking with each other. No mussar from an anonymous imamother necessary!

I'm always anonymous. I was also joking.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 1:41 pm
Anyone heard more definite answers today? Why is Cuomo not coming out with the bottom line?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 1:45 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Rena or Bya?

Rena

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 1:49 pm
Camp Ohr Chedva put out a letter stating that Gov Cuomo told the camp directors no and an official announcement is expected to come within 48 hours.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:37 pm
soap suds wrote:
This year they aren’t. My point was, do we shut down camps because of the risk of kids drowning?

Huh? Who's talking about water parks re drowning? I'm talking about going off campus altogether for trips.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 2:43 pm
Ironic that instead of sleepaway camps functioning as a bubble, they are now all gonna be running as daycamps with kids coming from all different colonies every day. So Sullivan county who pushed for closing camp will suffer traffic like they’ve never seen before, and the camps will be more likely to be a source of viral spread.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:53 pm
[quote="fleetwood"]
Rena and BYA are opening. Don't know about Masores.[/quote

Rena emailed their campers yesterday. BYA told their adult staff yesterday and started calling their teen staff today to confirm.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Ironic that instead of sleepaway camps functioning as a bubble, they are now all gonna be running as daycamps with kids coming from all different colonies every day. So Sullivan county who pushed for closing camp will suffer traffic like they’ve never seen before, and the camps will be more likely to be a source of viral spread.

I don't think Cuomo realizes that's what frum upstate camps are planning on doing

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

Yup. Dumb as hell. I think Cuomo will beg for camp to open after a week of this chaos.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:56 pm
I don't think Cuomo realizes that's what frum upstate camps are planning on doing

I’m afraid he’ll ban daycamps too if he finds out.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:57 pm
Rena emailed their campers yesterday. BYA told their adult staff yesterday and started calling their teen staff today to confirm.

Yes bya are telling their younger staff they may not have jobs but can volunteer if they would like.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:48 pm
Wouldn't they need more staff bec 10 kids in a bunk? DD is supposed to work this summer in a day camp. Can you explain?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:51 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Wouldn't they need more staff bec 10 kids in a bunk? DD is supposed to work this summer in a day camp. Can you explain?

Only if they double the amount of bunks. But if people pull out and there's only ten in a bunk , they don't need three counselors anymore.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:51 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

Most daycamps have 2 counselors for about 20 kids even pre covid

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Yup. Dumb as hell. I think Cuomo will beg for camp to open after a week of this chaos.

How much of that will be up to Cuomo and how much of that will be a county issue?

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 5:02 pm
Where is the staff living if the sleepaway camps are opening as day camps? Are they re-staffing all the positions held by people who don't go to the country for the summer? In many (most?) camps, that's almost everyone.
Page 13 of 15   Previous  1  2  3 12 13  14  15  Next Recent Topics