Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
"Masks don't protect you; they protect others"
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
1. Nope. Its a good comparison.

2. I'm not going through every one of your posts. You repeatedly condemn the use of masks as political, and throw the word fascist in for good measure. Do you mean to say that you nevertheless that masks are an efficacious public health measure?

3. I refuse to buy in to your slippery slope, straw man arguments, that if I support wearing a mask to reduce the effects of a pandemic, I must therefore wear a mask when there is no pandemic.

Clearly, you don't want to respond to my questions. So don't. We'll draw our own conclusions about your refusal to respond when the answers don't support your worldview.

BB is saying wear them. Indoors. Wear them if you have to be in close close close contact with another human. During this pandemic. But don't make them required until the end of time. Because that actually nuts.

She is saying that masks are not required all day everyday even when passing someone for less than 10 seconds in the street.

She is saying that some people truly are making this a thing if virtue signaling. They are turning it into a form of identity politics. They are more interested in being right. Some are crazy enough to HOPE that people who don't wear masks actually get sick. Just so they can be right. That there absolutely is a power game being played here.

And she is right.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
So the protests were fine, as far as you are concerned, because there is no risk of infection outdoors?

You have repeatedly stated that you object to masks, that they are tyranny (or a similar term) and purely political. Are you now saying that you agree that masks should be mandated indoors?

1. No the protests were not fine because people were crowded together for hours. I have repeatedly said that there is no need to wear masks while walking OUTDOORS and per EXPERTS, you will not infect someone by merely PASSING BY. Passing By is NOT the same as spending hours in a crowd, without masks, shouting. Duh!

2. What I said was Tyranny was government closing down businesses - destroying millions of peoples businesses and jobs.

I said that when people wear masks while walking OUTDOORS, they are encouraging the government to continue their tyranny of locking-down businesses.

Government officials see that they have successfully PANICKED the people into taking unnecessary measures, so they can get away with uncessarily destroying jobs and businesses.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 9:55 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
BB is saying wear them. Indoors. Wear them if you have to be in close close close contact with another human. During this pandemic. But don't make them required until the end of time. Because that actually nuts.

She is saying that masks are not required all day everyday even when passing someone for less than 10 seconds in the street.

She is saying that some people truly are making this a thing if virtue signaling. They are turning it into a form of identity politics. They are more interested in being right. Some are crazy enough to HOPE that people who don't wear masks actually get sick. Just so they can be right. That there absolutely is a power game being played here.

And she is right.

Thank you.

I think those who criticize me DO UNDERSTAND what I am saying. But because they cannot dispute what I ACTUALLY said, they deliberately MAKE UP things I never said so they can attack the "strawman".

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 9:58 am
Periwinkle, I see you are doubling down on being ridiculous rather than admit you exagerated.

If not wearing a mask is the SAME as shooting a gun in a crowded room, why are people walking around without masks not charged with ATTEMPTED MURDER as someone who shot into a crowded room would be?

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 9:59 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Thank you.

I think those who criticize me DO UNDERSTAND what I am saying. But because they cannot dispute what I ACTUALLY said, they deliberately MAKE UP things I never said so they can attack the "strawman".

Everyone just wants to be right. I don't think this thread is worth much more of your energy...
I wish I didn't go anon. But frankly some of the ladies here are terrifying....

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:03 am
avrahamama wrote:
Everyone just wants to be right. I don't think this thread is worth much more of your energy...

Yes. People are following certain leaders and don't want to hear that their leaders are wrong so
they will make up things their opponent never said to protect their Dear Leaders.

I am not responding to convince the brainwashed who will never admit they are wrong, but
for the sake of the lurkers who are open-minded and want to hear both sides.

Thank you!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:06 am
avrahamama wrote:

Yes. There are many who see a conspiracy in every thing...

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:10 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Yes. People are following certain leaders and don't want to hear that their leaders are wrong so
they will make up things their opponent never said to protect their Dear Leaders.

I am not responding to convince the brainwashed who will never admit they are wrong, but
for the sake of the lurkers who are open-minded and want to hear both sides.

Thank you!

I don't think there is a SINGLE leader or hopeful leader that has our best interest in mind.

I think there is an amount of gaava and sociopathy that a person has to have in order to become a "leader"

I hate them all. And am davening for the only leader that will love me. Mashiach.

The rest can suck on a lemon...

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:14 am
fleetwood wrote:
Yes. There are many who see a conspiracy in every thing...

On alllllll sides of the political and social spectrum. Ashkenazim have the Holocaust as their PTSD. My family lives through a revolution ... And it was more recent historically speaking. All my family members are having flashbacks.

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:01 pm
I think many people blame those who fight the virus when they really mean the virus...

Of course, the virus is an inconvenience. It's even deadly...

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:27 pm
Quote:

Oy, this makes me sad.
Lately this site has become so toxic. Then again, social media in general has become a game of polarization and black and white thinking. Politics is the bane of society.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics