Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Here are the features I want. Tell me what to get.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:52 am
groovy1224 wrote:
That is not the real albee baby site, it's a spoof site. The link you provided is not a secure link, and albee baby is a secure site. Whatever you received is likely a knockoff, unfortunately.

Stores are not allowed to sell these premium strollers below a certain price, so if you are seeing a price that seems to good to be true, it is. I would call albee baby and see if they have a record of your order. If they don't, you know you ordered from a website that was cleverly designed to look like the real thing, but wasn't.

Ok so do tell which is the real albee site? Their up to date models are full price. I got all the owner's manuals. The mechanisms are extremely smooth. It folds like a charm. Usually knockoffs aren't that good.
Either way it's still just as good (or better) as buying someone's used one.
Also if you read the website reviews the feedback is pretty much split 50/50. Some are mad that there's no customer service, got used stuff etc... and others like me are thrilled.
My logic was, with a secondhand one it's definitely used, I anyway don't get a warranty or customer service. So may as well buy it at the same price brand new.
I probably wouldn't order a carseat from them though.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:56 am
groovy1224 wrote:

ETA: maybe I'm wrong? For me that link comes up as not secure, but if it's a different year then maybe the price makes sense.

When I search it on my phone Google verifies it as secure so I don't know.
I researched the store (after I placed my order lol) and it's a Mom and Pop store in Manhattan. They're not a big chain. It's very common for older models to go on sale to get rid of stock.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:02 am
srbmom wrote:
Quote:
Is this legit?? Are the strollers imitations? How can they sell a $1000 stroller for so cheap?

Albee Baby is a legit website, so it's definetely the real deal. They do though sell older models for bargain prices compared to current models.
Based on reviews of that style it seems like it's probably a 2017 model instead of the 2019 model which is selling for double. Not a reason in my book to turn it down, but just be clear what you're buying.

Albee is a reall store in my neighborhood. Nothing shady about it

SHS

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:17 am
Maybe the MAclaren techno xt arc is a good choice? You could buy a soft bassinet if you want

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:32 am
Uppababy Cruz looks like something you may like. U literally pop up the bassinet and it turns into the other seat position. My friend loves it! It's somewhat under $1000

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:54 am
silverlining3 wrote:
Uppababy Cruz looks like something you may like. U literally pop up the bassinet and it turns into the other seat position. My friend loves it! It's somewhat under $1000

What does the bolded mean? I'm not op but I was looking into the Cruz and if I remember correctly the seat doesn't lie flat it stays with that bump for the toddler's rear end.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Albee is a reall store in my neighborhood. Nothing shady about it

It's been around forever.

my husband is a twin and it's the store my mil bought her double stroller from over 40 yrs ago.

A great small business with a wonderful reputation.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:10 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
https://m.albeebaby.com/cybex-priam-lux-all-terrain-stroller-chrome-stardust-black.html

Here's the link.

This is not a legit site. If you compare the two links you can see they are different.

Quote:
https://www.albeebaby.com/cybex-priam-complete-stroller-rose-gold-premium-black.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=googlepla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoub3BRC6ARIsABGhnyaX7BFn0JA5vA2eTcv8NC3jYFfX1O_ZgIB5sYj9gQgyFlcML8joDY4aAhYGEALw_wcB

This one is only $50 over budget!

The second one is legit. That does not mean that the first one sells only knockoffs, although I’m sure some of them are

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Op the only thing is, you said you want a compact fold. I haven't tried putting this in my trunk yet but I'm sure the bee folds smaller.
What's the reason you don't want a bee again?
I wasn't inclined to get the bee because 1- price is high 2-I remeber wheeling my friend's and it felt so wobbly 3- the wheels are small. It's great for travel or city pavement but I don't live in the city and I wanted something that will wheel easily on my grass and gravel.

The current Bugaboo Bee is tiny. Kids look like they're falling out of it.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:23 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
The second one is legit. That does not mean that the first one sells only knockoffs, although I’m sure some of them are

I really have no idea what you're talking about. If you go into the 2nd link which you say is legitimate, and you select from their menu options to see all cybex strollers you will see the new models as well as the models on sale. It's literally the same website.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The current Bugaboo Bee is tiny. Kids look like they're falling out of it.

Ok good to know. I anyway didn't want to spend more than $400 give or take.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
What does the bolded mean? I'm not op but I was looking into the Cruz and if I remember correctly the seat doesn't lie flat it stays with that bump for the toddler's rear end.

I'm sorry I didn't remember that, but makes sense. The bugaboos until I think the fox also have a bump for the rear end. But I do know and saw, from bassinet she pops it, from the rear end, to the other position, it's not a separate seat.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:46 pm
Get the city mini. It’s fantastic and easy and cheap and the only thing it doesn’t do is have the baby face you, but they have windows on top to see in and play peekaboo.

Six years and still going strong! Love it. I’ll never understand why people pay $1000 for a stroller.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:49 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Get the city mini. It’s fantastic and easy and cheap and the only thing it doesn’t do is have the baby face you, but they have windows on top to see in and play peekaboo.

Six years and still going strong! Love it. I’ll never understand why people pay $1000 for a stroller.

I had the city mini double for my 1st few kids and loved it!
But I wouldn't get the single now for my new baby. Maybe I'm vain but I also want something pretty and I want a 4 wheel look as well as a reversible seat.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:52 pm
Sorry op I hope I'm not hijacking your thread but this topic really interests me now LOL . It's been more than a decade since my last baby.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to the pics, it doesn't lie completely flat. It has that bump in the seat (for the toddler's behind) which I hate for infants.

It said it was newborn compatible and lays flat but I hear what you're saying!

Though it's over 10 pounds lighter than the cybex...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:13 pm
Bugaboo Ant?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:17 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Facing parent is a non-negotiable for me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Sorry op I hope I'm not hijacking your thread but this topic really interests me now LOL . It's been more than a decade since my last baby.

My baby is already in school right now (I mean not RIGHT now...lol), so it's also a major purchase on my part. I don't at all mind your additions to the thread.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Bugaboo Ant?

I don't think I've seen this IRL but from the pics it looks tiny like the Bee. No sides, no handlebar, narrow seat, small leg extension.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics