Home

Getting Toddler to Cooperate With Sensory Diet
Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant) A Safe Haven

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:44 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Another thing- in regards to sensory diet. You mentioned you have older kids. Get them to do it with toddler. Because then it’s a game, fun & not threatening.

Even a 4-5 yr old can help you with it. We got a body sock for one of the kids who needed more input & another activity to ‘let off steam’ when we were stuck home in a tiny apt for months & it became a full family activity playing games in it, crawling in the tunnel...

Thanks, will do!

amother

Lemon

Post  Tue, Aug 25 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh, I have no doubt we’d all be better off eating that way. Unfortunately it’s going to be a very uphill climb. I do use whole wheat and serve lots of veggies but gluten- and dairy free is a whole other level. And there are bigger kids at home so I can’t just shift everyone over. But obviously if it’s worthwhile- and it sounds like it is- I will have to find a way. I really appreciate everyone’s input.
maybe make it a support group so their sibling can feel better, and its probably good for them too so win win. I had to do this in our house. all food not on the diet plan is eaten outside (bbq/picnic), or in private where said sibling is sleeping or unaware.

flmommy

Post  Tue, Aug 25 2020, 5:56 pm
What about Jumping on a a small trampoline? That was an exercise that was recommended to us.

amother

OP

Post  Tue, Aug 25 2020, 6:34 pm
flmommy wrote:
What about Jumping on a a small trampoline? That was an exercise that was recommended to us.

Yes, we got one of those and it’s great- thanks!
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant) A Safe Haven