Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Dr Ditchek-Clear cases of reinfection in frum comm,new cases
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
That’s great. Pity the people around you who you don’t care about to protect.

It's myself. But thank you for your concern.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
So how do you weigh elderly and immunocompromised vs mental health challenged people? Maybe the solution is to have more mental health help available as we aren't making the elderly younger or the immunocompromised have full immunity but mental health issues might be able to be helped to help them deal with the challenges life brings one of those challenges being Corona.
I don’t know. Maybe encourage mask wearing but don’t bite someone’s head off if they aren’t? Maybe weigh the likelihood of different risks and different settings? I’m just so sick of people pretending that staying home with your kids is a bowl of cherries for everyone. There are REAL risks involved (for some), and mental illness is no less real than cancer or old age. ALL lives matter!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:49 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
That’s great. Pity the people around you who you don’t care about to protect.

So every winter when viruses are raging, some more deadly than Covid, do you lock yourself and your kids at home and are careful to social distance and wear a mask wherever you go?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:56 pm
I haven't followed this whole thread, but I saw that Ohel had or is having this week a night program about dealing with different family standards of corona prevention and some other issues, that people following this thread might enjoy.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 4:06 pm
carnation wrote:
I always think who knows if Hashem didn't send Corona nisoyan because how we acted to each other during the measles crisis.

Did you miss when the same thought was posted in March (twice) and April? It hasn't improved with age.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
So every winter when viruses are raging, some more deadly than Covid, do you lock yourself and your kids at home and are careful to social distance and wear a mask wherever you go?

Is that what you're doing now? You're locked up with your kids at home? Or you go places with a mask? Not sure how you can do both.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 6:03 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Be careful there. when I dared to mention this possibilty I was attacked by imamother.

I am happy to attack it without being anonymous.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 6:24 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I don’t know. Maybe encourage mask wearing but don’t bite someone’s head off if they aren’t? Maybe weigh the likelihood of different risks and different settings? I’m just so sick of people pretending that staying home with your kids is a bowl of cherries for everyone. There are REAL risks involved (for some), and mental illness is no less real than cancer or old age. ALL lives matter!

So you’re saying every person stuck home with their kids is at the health same risk as people with cancer and old age? That’s nuts

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
It's myself. But thank you for your concern.

No it’s not yourself if you go out and aren’t masked then Everyone within a number of ft of you is put at risk

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 6:38 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
No it’s not yourself if you go out and aren’t masked then Everyone within a number of ft of you is put at risk

If I go out and I'm sick. I'm not a carrier.
This is all besides the point. It's not about me, it's about caution fatigue. Being super careful for so long wears a person down.

happyone

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/100000998495476/posts/3222851997758052/?d=w

This is a link to Dr Ditchek's latest update on covid where he discusses 2 clear cut cases he just had of people who had been sick with covid a while back, confirmed with positive tests, then had negative tests, had antibodies (one even donated plasma), now were re-exposed to covid and have positive test results, no more antibodies.

Also seeing new cases in lakewood, flatbush...

And he discusses more. Worth listening to

Interesting that the news reports FIRST new case today. ummmmm...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/.....-say/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w......html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...../amp/

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 1:10 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
If I go out and I'm sick. I'm not a carrier.
This is all besides the point. It's not about me, it's about caution fatigue. Being super careful for so long wears a person down.

If you were a carrier but didn't have symptoms, how would you know if you were contagious or not? Do you test yourself every time you leave the house?

You know what else wears a person down? Long term damage done to the body after recovery from Covid. Even more likely to wear a person down? Dying. That's pretty much a bummer.

As for happyone's links, that is exactly what I've been dreading. The fact that they've proven that the second infection is an entirely different strain than the first one proves that it's not just a case of the original infection "flaring up again", as so many people have been assuming up until now.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 1:19 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
If you were a carrier but didn't have symptoms, how would you know if you were contagious or not? Do you test yourself every time you leave the house?

You know what else wears a person down? Long term damage done to the body after recovery from Covid. Even more likely to wear a person down? Dying. That's pretty much a bummer.

As for happyone's links, that is exactly what I've been dreading. The fact that they've proven that the second infection is an entirely different strain than the first one proves that it's not just a case of the original infection "flaring up again", as so many people have been assuming up until now.

Did you even read the articles?

"During his second infection, the man had no symptoms." He was just randomly tested and he had it.

There's a lot of fear mongering in news articles, because that's how people click and read.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 1:51 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Did you even read the articles?

"During his second infection, the man had no symptoms." He was just randomly tested and he had it.

There's a lot of fear mongering in news articles, because that's how people click and read.

it was probably old, dead cells. these tests are so notoriously unreliable.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 1:55 pm
Right and I sure would not trust anything coming out of China or now Hong Kong sadly enough for that matter.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 2:00 pm
happyone wrote:
Interesting that the news reports FIRST new case today. ummmmm...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/.....-say/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w......html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...../amp/

So youre discrediting what he noticed because it wasnt publicly reported. And now that there are other cases that are publicly reported, somehow he is wrong?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 2:01 pm
Quote:
What is worrisome (beyond the objective acceleration of cases) is that the recent infections include the following details:

– Two cases of presumed reinfection. This involves people who were ill with Covid several months ago, and completely recovered. Both had antibodies but upon recent retesting had “lost” their antibodies, and now, after being exposed to Covid, these people became sick again and tested positive. These 2 new cases are so clear in their course as to take reinfection from a probable phenomenon to a reality (albeit difficult to prove as we don’t have initial viral samples to compare). At this time the symptoms appear relatively mild compared with the initial illness. How widespread will this phenomenon become? How severe will reinfection be? Will these reinfected individuals themselves be infectious? These pressing questions are all without answers at this time. We as a community unfortunately were the first to suffer wide community spread and are ahead of other neighborhoods on the timeline. As such we are a living laboratory with very little precedent to go on, but the above must ring some alarm bells.

https://crownheights.info/comm.....ions/

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 2:01 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

They do genetic sequencing. His first strain was the Wuhan Covid. The second one he picked up in Spain, where they have the European strain. There are dozens of different strains of Covid out there. I don't plan on doing any traveling soon, but other people do, and they bring back "viral souvenirs" to everyone else.

There's still so much we don't know. He's young and healthy, and asymptomatic, that's great! People who are asymptomatic are the most dangerous, because they feel well enough to be up and around town, thinking that because they don't feel sick, they don't need a mask. Masks are just for the old and weak, right? Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile, these Typhoid Mary's are making sure that the curve never gets flattened for a significant amount of time.

What if the next person to get Covid again is older, less healthy? "Better to die, and decrease the surplus population." ~ Ebeneezer Scrooge.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 2:02 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

Ok.
There is a limit to how long after we can say that they are shedding old dead cells. The overall consensus in the medical world is a couple of weeks.
Not 5 months.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok.
There is a limit to how long after we can say that they are shedding old dead cells. The overall consensus in the medical world is a couple of weeks.
Not 5 months.

Good point. Dead cells are constantly being sloughed off. Just breathing in and out through your nose should get rid of them fairly quickly. A few vigorous nose blows, probably as well.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics