Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish community in Tampa Bay FL
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 1:02 pm
They aren't in charge of everything any longer.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 1:04 pm
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
They aren't in charge of everything any longer.

can you elaborate?

singsong

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
I think they are in charge there... can't exactly live there without their input

Tampa is a decent sized city. You don't need one rabbi's permission to live there Can't Believe It

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 3:04 pm
singsong wrote:
Tampa is a decent sized city. You don't need one rabbi's permission to live there Can't Believe It

Actually doesn’t sound too decent sized… ten families and on rav! You better be able to get along with the one rav when it’s so small..

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 3:09 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Actually doesn’t sound too decent sized… ten families and on rav! You better be able to get along with the one rav when it’s so small..

The city itself is decent sized, but the community isn’t. I agree that if you want to rely on their infrastructure , you need to get along with the few people living there.

Mom124

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 10:02 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
True:) But I do want to know what happend with the 2 posters who said they both were taken for a ride….. was it the same scenario? Or by some coincidence both had a bad experience totally not related? Are the ppl running this community ehrlich?

Yes, I will tell you exactly what happened because if even one person is saved from our experience all our pain will be worth it. My husband and I were desperate to leave the tristate and we were Ehrlich and naive. We met the Taussigs then in their home in BP and they told us all about Tampa and we were ready to move. We paid them 5k on the spot as he said in order to know who is serious he needs a downpayment. He is VERY charismatic and convinced us so we paid. He told us no worries as we will get it right back and it'll go towards our house. Then when it came to purchasing the home he asked us to give the rest of our downpayment to him as well and he will cosign for us and the home will be ours. We never bought a home before and we were truly stupid and naive and forwarded him another 50k. I'm shaking as I write this. It was really painful to lose that much hard-earned money! To make a long story short, when we asked a couple of weeks later about the house and closing and he was pushing us off and making up excuses, we realized something was off. We called the builder directly and they never got any money from us nor was there even a house under our name and they aren't even building houses at the end since the Rabbi couldn't get enough people to sign up. We started to frantically call the Rabbi and when he saw we were onto him he yelled at us and then blocked our numbers. And then people started coming out of the woodwork and told us horror stories of how they were ripped off their money. I am saying this l'toeles. I B"H got my money all back because my uncle is a lawyer and we were told by the bais din that he stole many times from innocent people and does not listen to bais din so we can take him directly to court. We were specifically told to tell anyone who may contact them NOT TO GIVE THEM A PENNY OR TRUST THEM. They were forced out of Brooklyn by askanim and rabbanim for obvious reasons. Call The Bais Ha'avaad in Lakewood and they will repeat my story and verify it. Most bais dins in NY are familiar with them as well as he has been taken to din Torah numerous times. STAY AWAY from them!!!!

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 10:04 pm
Mom124 wrote:
Yes, I will tell you exactly what happened because if even one person is saved from our experience all our pain will be worth it. My husband and I were desperate to leave the tristate and we were Ehrlich and naive. We met the Taussigs then in their home in BP and they told us all about Tampa and we were ready to move. We paid them 5k on the spot as he said in order to know who is serious he needs a downpayment. He is VERY charismatic and convinced us so we paid. He told us no worries as we will get it right back and it'll go towards our house. Then when it came to purchasing the home he asked us to give the rest of our downpayment to him as well and he will cosign for us and the home will be ours. We never bought a home before and we were truly stupid and naive and forwarded him another 50k. I'm shaking as I write this. It was really painful to lose that much hard-earned money! To make a long story short, when we asked a couple of weeks later about the house and closing and he was pushing us off and making up excuses, we realized something was off. We called the builder directly and they never got any money from us nor was there even a house under our name and they aren't even building houses at the end since the Rabbi couldn't get enough people to sign up. We started to frantically call the Rabbi and when he saw we were onto him he yelled at us and then blocked our numbers. And then people started coming out of the woodwork and told us horror stories of how they were ripped off their money. I am saying this l'toeles. I B"H got my money all back because my uncle is a lawyer and we were told by the bais din that he stole many times from innocent people and does not listen to bais din so we can take him directly to court. We were specifically told to tell anyone who may contact them NOT TO GIVE THEM A PENNY OR TRUST THEM. They were forced out of Brooklyn by askanim and rabbanim for obvious reasons. Call The Bais Ha'avaad in Lakewood and they will repeat my story and verify it. Most bais dins in NY are familiar with them as well as he has been taken to din Torah numerous times. STAY AWAY from them!!!!

I believe you as I've heard of others that were ripped off as well. It's crazy.

realsilver

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 10:16 pm
Wow this is so crazy and so painful to read.

peekaboo

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 10:17 pm
Mom124 wrote:

Wow that's insane!! So happy you ended up getting your money back. I really can't believe frum people can be such con-artists, it boggles my mind.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 10:22 pm
I'm getting so scared of these stories that I feel like I want to stay in the tri-state area, even though prices are outrageous. So, we won't buy a house. We can rent all our life. But I'd rather be surrounded by honest, good people and live in a rented apartment than have my own house but be surrounded by falsehood. I'm an honest person by nature, perhaps honest to a fault, so I'm not taking a chance with that.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 11:22 pm
Mom124 wrote:

I’m crying for you Hug
I can imagine how hard that must have been putting down all your hard earned money and then have to fight for it back and all that agmas nefesh for nothing …..
Thank you for saving the rest of us!

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 11:24 pm
Ami ran a serial about Rebetzin Tausig and her wonderful community a while back. Maybe u should write to them, this needs to be exposed

Mom124

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 11:33 pm
Ami ran a serial about Rebetzin Tausig and her wonderful community a while back. Maybe u should write to them, this needs to be exposed

Yes, I was literally furious when I saw how majestic and beautiful they made the community seem to be. I called u the owner and was literally crying to him telling him it's so unfair to blindside people this way and lure them in to buy in a place where ganavim live. I just want people to know how careful I am with how I generally speak about people but you have to understand that the gehenim I went through with the Taussigs is so so painful and many many people have gone through it so they are the only people that can be spoken of that way. The owner of the Ami told me he doesn't care what the real story is, he writes what he gets paid to write and what will sell. There was nothing I can do. I keep trying to let people know and be aware that there are very frum and fine-looking con artists out there and don't just read about things in magazines and believe it!!

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 8:15 am
[Quote of deleted posts removed.]

Mom124, I’m so sorry for your experience. Thanks for posting - I hope it helps others.

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 8:55 am
Makes sense now that Ami never did a follow up, like they often do.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 9:05 am
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
Makes sense now that Ami never did a follow up, like they often do.

They need to be held accountable by their subscribers imho

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 9:15 am
They need to be held accountable by their subscribers imho

Why on this article and not on their effusive Lev Tahor write up?

singsong

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 8:59 am
cnc wrote:
The city itself is decent sized, but the community isn’t. I agree that if you want to rely on their infrastructure , you need to get along with the few people living there.

There's Hillel Academy - a day school and Hebrew Academy - run by chabad. There is is Young Israel shul and 2 chabad centers. The community is decent sized enough to support 2 schools and multiple shuls. I'll bet the people around those places whom one would need to rely on for infrastructure are a lot more welcoming than a chassidish guy who is requiring applications and approvals to live in his little fiefdom.

singsong

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 9:03 am
amother [ Jean ] wrote:

You're talking about a new start up WITHIN a city that already has some jewish infrastructure. There are shuls, schools, and a rav or three there. It's just not Brooklyn chassidish, which is the beauty of out of town - all types can live together, go to school together, go to shul together and get along.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 10:06 am
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
Why on this article and not on their effusive Lev Tahor write up?

didn't say that...
I feel like readers need to start demanding these updates
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating