Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish community in Tampa Bay FL
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
didn't say that...
I feel like readers need to start demanding these updates

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 1:13 pm
can anybody living there or who has left confirm or deny? Would really wanna hear from more ppl what the truth is... If I have enough info I can write to ami and see what they answer (I won't quote you, you will stay anon)

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 4:04 pm
There is going to be a new community with a Kollel under Torah U'Mesorah starting this summer.
The community is not going to be Chassidish.
Separate from the existing Chassidish community.
For more info call the Rabbi running it at

bsy

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 4:38 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
There is going to be a new community with a Kollel under Torah U'Mesorah starting this summer.
For more info call the Rabbi running it at 848-224-3369

Where, In Tampa?

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 6:16 pm
For more info call the Rabbi running it at 848-224-3369

Anyone have more info on this community? What type of ppl are they attracting? What kind of crowd? Yeshivish? American? RW MO?
How many families?

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:02 am
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Anyone have more info on this community? What type of ppl are they attracting? What kind of crowd? Yeshivish? American? RW MO?
How many families?

I heard Chofetz Chaim is sending down a few families to start a kollel and day school. As requested by the already local community.

If it's like other CC communities, they tend to be Yeshivish families catering to the local JPF families or wherever the locals fall in the spectrum, with an emphasis on community kiruv and strengthening the overall Jewish community.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 10:05 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
I heard Chofetz Chaim is sending down a few families to start a kollel and day school. As requested by the already local community.

If it's like other CC communities, they tend to be Yeshivish families catering to the local JPF families or wherever the locals fall in the spectrum, with an emphasis on community kiruv and strengthening the overall Jewish community.

Ty! I thought this is a NEW community entirely though. Isn’t that what blush pink wrote?
Didn’t realize their building up a already existing community. Thanks for clarifying!

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:07 pm
The Torah U'Mesorah Project doesn't sound in anyway like they are going to be connected to the existing community and it's going to be it's own thing entirely.
They sound like they are attracting a different crowd like an "out-of-town Yeshivishish crowd" like Frum people who went to Yeshivah who want an out of town community with a strong Torah core and values, warm and friendly Shul

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:08 pm
He isn't publicizing the location since he wants to hold off investors from buying the place out like they do everywhere else

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:44 pm
The Torah U'Mesorah Project doesn't sound in anyway like they are going to be connected to the existing community and it's going to be it's own thing entirely.
They sound like they are attracting a different crowd like an "out-of-town Yeshivishish crowd" like Frum people who went to Yeshivah who want an out of town community with a strong Torah core and values, warm and friendly Shul

Maybe I'm just an old crank but these descriptions are so generic that I don't know how people are actually supposed to figure out if this community is for them or not. When was the last time you saw a community advertised that featured a weak Torah core/values and a cold and unfriendly shul? "Strong Torah core" and "warm and friendly shul" could be marketing for any Orthodox community, honestly.

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 12:57 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel,

I'd love to PM you, but I can't figure out how...

I'm also a person who became frum and married into the chasidishe community, to a husband frum-from-birth. I went VERY chasidishe -- think synthetic sheitel and a hat.

Recently, I've been picking apart all my decisions by the seams and trying to figure out why I made certain decisions. A rav/lifecoach I'm speaking to is encouraging my family to move to an out-of-town community, so we can find a healthy balance, because as much as I love and respect the chasidishe community, I still have my own history, personality, opinions -- and that kind of gets lost in the cookie-cutter mentality of my community. There's a part of me stifled.

I wish there was a Torah-centered mixed community somewhere NOT hot (I hate heat!) in which my husband could have chasidishe people because that's what he grew up with, I could have a chabad shul, and everyone would just be Jewish in whichever style is best suited to their neshama...

Big dreams, aye?

Feel free to PM, Hashem_n_Farfel, if you'd like to talk. I've been following your posts for a long time and think you are an amazing person, though I've just signed up to post.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 1:00 pm
No In My Town you sound really grounded and amazing. Sometimes when we are in the 'heat' of the moment (pardon the heat) we make decisions that we come to regret further down the line. It's ok to rethink and then reassess. Bottom line is that you should be comfortable in your own skin. Bhatzlocha!

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 1:02 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
No In My Town you sound really grounded and amazing. Sometimes when we are in the 'heat' of the moment (pardon the heat) we make decisions that we come to regret further down the line. It's ok to rethink and then reassess. Bottom line is that you should be comfortable in your own skin. Bhatzlocha!

Thanks, ShishKabob. I don't know if I'm grounded or amazing, but I want to be. Smile
Thanks for the bracha.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 1:09 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
Maybe I'm just an old crank but these descriptions are so generic that I don't know how people are actually supposed to figure out if this community is for them or not. When was the last time you saw a community advertised that featured a weak Torah core/values and a cold and unfriendly shul? "Strong Torah core" and "warm and friendly shul" could be marketing for any Orthodox community, honestly.

I hear that but like what else do we expect her to say? Names of ppl? I would ask to compare it to a community that it’s similar to maybe but I can’t think of a better way to describe it. Besides, I think hardcore Torah values says a lot.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 1:17 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
I hear that but like what else do we expect her to say? Names of ppl? I would ask to compare it to a community that it’s similar to maybe but I can’t think of a better way to describe it. Besides, I think hardcore Torah values says a lot.

I would want to know - what makes it different or special from literally every other Orthodox community that advertises itself this way? Or is it a standard OOT Yeshivish community but aimed at people who want to be in Florida for the weather/red state politics/lower cost of living? There's nothing wrong with that, and such a description is much more helpful than boilerplate language about friendly shuls and Torah values IMO.

Edited to add: I'm writing this from the perspective of someone looking to move and doing research into different Jewish communities that might work for my family. I've spent a lot of time on the OU Communities website (the virtual fair is in a few days), and a lot of these communities describe themselves in frustratingly similar terms. For existing communities, that's less of an issue because you can always talk to current and former residents and come for a visit. For communities that are planned but currently nonexistent, specifics and details are important!

singsong

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 1:27 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Hashem_n_Farfel,

I'm also a person who became frum and married into the chasidishe community, to a husband frum-from-birth. I went VERY chasidishe -- think synthetic sheitel and a hat.

Recently, I've been picking apart all my decisions by the seams and trying to figure out why I made certain decisions. A rav/lifecoach I'm speaking to is encouraging my family to move to an out-of-town community, so we can find a healthy balance, because as much as I love and respect the chasidishe community, I still have my own history, personality, opinions -- and that kind of gets lost in the cookie-cutter mentality of my community. There's a part of me stifled.

I wish there was a Torah-centered mixed community somewhere NOT hot (I hate heat!) in which my husband could have chasidishe people because that's what he grew up with, I could have a chabad shul, and everyone would just be Jewish in whichever style is best suited to their neshama...

Big dreams, aye?

Feel free to PM, Hashem_n_Farfel, if you'd like to talk. I've been following your posts for a long time and think you are an amazing person, though I've just signed up to post.

Have you considered Chicago? There's quite a few chassidim living there.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 1:35 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Ty! I thought this is a NEW community entirely though. Isn’t that what blush pink wrote?
Didn’t realize their building up a already existing community. Thanks for clarifying!

The Chofetz Chaim community seems different than this one. From what I've heard there are 30,000 Jews in Tampa without any Jewish Day School. Some people approached CC and said they want them to send guys down there to start a "Torah School" for them.

They are opening a school and a community kollel (learning half a day/community work the other half). I think they have 8 Chofetz Chaim families going so far.

It's not at all going to start off as oot Yeshivish community. It will start off how Chofetz Chaim starts communities and hopefully build up as more frum people move there. However for now it's seems to be starting off as more of a kiruv situation.

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 1:39 pm
singsong wrote:
Have you considered Chicago? There's quite a few chassidim living there.

But is it an integrated community? Where I live now, the communities are so big that they are very separate, one from another.

I'd like the type of community where everyone does everything together. Chicago seems like moving from one isolated community to another. Aside from that, it's city. I'd love to get out of the big city and into more of a suburban area.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 1:41 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
The Chofetz Chaim community seems different than this one. From what I've heard there are 30,000 Jews in Tampa without any Jewish Day School. Some people approached CC and said they want them to send guys down there to start a "Torah School" for them.

They are opening a school and a community kollel (learning half a day/community work the other half). I think they have 8 Chofetz Chaim families going so far.

It's not at all going to start off as oot Yeshivish community. It will start off how Chofetz Chaim starts communities and hopefully build up as more frum people move there. However for now it's seems to be starting off as more of a kiruv situation.

Blushpink, is this the same new community your referring to??

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 2:23 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Hashem_n_Farfel,

Big dreams, aye?

Please consider Milwaukee. We’d love to have you Heart
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating