Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish community in Tampa Bay FL
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 7:54 pm
happyone wrote:
If anyone currently LIVES theres as part of the community, please pm me. Thanks

And me!!

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:11 pm
Orlando IS happening, the organizer would rather plan better beforehand, maybe so it should work out better than yous did

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:29 pm
Orlando may be not happening for specifically Chassidim, but the Jewish community as a whole is growing there. Housing is still inexpensive, and they have an existing school(yes, it's small)- Orlando Torah Academy.
I did hear that Deerfield Beach, which is near Boca Raton, is supposedly growing a Heimish community.
No Yiddish speaking Cheder there, but there are established frum schools in South Florida, specifically Boca Raton, restaurants, and grocery stores.
There are other options, if ppl are trying to move to Florida.
The one thing I do hear from friends moving to any part of Florida, the job market is not easy. The benefits are also not the same as in NY, in regard to bussing, services for children, no options for government paid school lunches, the need for 2 cars.....

Just a side note :-)

Mom124

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 5:01 pm
[quote="Yiddishetuter"]
Mom124 wrote:
We were looking into buying and being part of this community. All is not as simple as it seems. The Taussigs need to move out of Brooklyn and therefore decided to open a community, but it never picked up. As of right now, there are maybe 10 families, and the homes they advertized about never materialized. We almost lost our entire downpayment. If you are interested in this community, Please reach out to people who will give you honest advice. Its not all it seems to be.[/quote

I live in the community. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, not all communities are for everyone. You almost loosing your down payment has nothing to do with the the Taussigs . There was a different location that they WERE going to start something, it didn't work out. Being that this community started less than a year ago, we already have 17 families, with 20 more that I know of on the way. I'd say thats pretty good.

Orlando isn't happening. It's been talked about for years. We already have a Cheder and a kosher grocery.
Please speak to people who live in the community. Come visit, then decide for yourself.

Our losing our downpayment had everything to do with the Taussigs. Please don't make assumptions about things you don't know. So glad the community works for you. (Whether you are being paid or trying to advertise for the Taussigs that's great) And, yes not every community is for everyone but a lot of dishonesty and shadiness was going on under the table. I've been there and with the help of some askanim were told to stay far away from there. I'm not being paid to speak well of people like you but I warn everyone to please speak to people who aren't biased about the Rav and Rebbetzin of this town. We never got a house because all our money went to the Taussigs. Ask them about some 50k bucks and he will know... The gehenim we went through with them for the last year is one no one should ever have to go through. There are reasons they move. And to quote the Rebbetzin to what she said to me, "Everybody else is a ganav I can be a ganav too."

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 5:16 pm
Mom124 wrote:
Our losing our downpayment had everything to do with the Taussigs. Please don't make assumptions about things you don't know. So glad the community works for you. (Whether you are being paid or trying to advertise for the Taussigs that's great) And, yes not every community is for everyone but a lot of dishonesty and shadiness was going on under the table. I've been there and with the help of some askanim were told to stay far away from there. I'm not being paid to speak well of people like you but I warn everyone to please speak to people who aren't biased about the Rav and Rebbetzin of this town. We never got a house because all our money went to the Taussigs. Ask them about some 50k bucks and he will know... The gehenim we went through with them for the last year is one no one should ever have to go through. There are reasons they move. And to quote the Rebbetzin to what she said to me, "Everybody else is a ganav I can be a ganav too."

wow! I'm sorry for your pain

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 5:17 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Orlando may be not happening for specifically Chassidim, but the Jewish community as a whole is growing there. Housing is still inexpensive, and they have an existing school(yes, it's small)- Orlando Torah Academy.
I did hear that Deerfield Beach, which is near Boca Raton, is supposedly growing a Heimish community.
No Yiddish speaking Cheder there, but there are established frum schools in South Florida, specifically Boca Raton, restaurants, and grocery stores.
There are other options, if ppl are trying to move to Florida.
The one thing I do hear from friends moving to any part of Florida, the job market is not easy. The benefits are also not the same as in NY, in regard to bussing, services for children, no options for government paid school lunches, the need for 2 cars.....

Just a side note :-)

the community I was referencing will be chasidish imyh

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:31 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
Orlando IS happening, the organizer would rather plan better beforehand, maybe so it should work out better than yous did

Can you share any details about the upcoming Orlando Chasidish community? It sounds so exciting! Orlando is such a nice place and it would be so nice if we chasidim can get to live in an out of town community. Do you have any information about it?

Thanks!!

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:38 pm
Yes- details please about Orlando Chassidish community

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:45 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Yes- details please about Orlando Chassidish community

I don't have to many details I'm actually looking to find out more. All I know is that there is somebody amed Lazer Kraus who is forming a chasisish community. He has a hotline and speaks on Kol Mevaser (anybody with a yidish speaking husband?). I know he is serious and ppl can fill out applications. I actually think it's smart of him to plan everything in advance and not just jump in.

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:47 pm
@Mom124, truly, I'm sorry that happened to you. No, I'm not being paid by the Taussigs.

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:47 pm
@Mom124, truly, I'm sorry that happened to you. No, I'm not being paid by the Taussigs.

mirelcakes

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 11:15 pm
Mom124 wrote:

Unfortunately I have a family member who also had a similar experience with them.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 11:17 pm
So if anyone does find out more information about the chasidish community in Orlando, such as how to get hold of an application etc..., please post it here !!

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 11:28 pm
I just found the website where you can fill out an application:

https://nyexit.org/

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 9:19 pm
Can anyone share exactly what went wrong with trying to get to Tampa/ the ppl there/ your money??
How did they steal it and why? Much more beneficial if you share the story so that we can make our own choices from there…

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 9:28 pm
There are a group of people living there, I spoke to one of them, and not all bought houses, some are renting, so perhaps if you want to live there you can check it out for a shabbos, and then rent until you see if it's the right place for you. No one can cheat you if you don't give them your money or cc information Smile

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 9:32 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
There are a group of people living there, I spoke to one of them, and not all bought houses, some are renting, so perhaps if you want to live there you can check it out for a shabbos, and then rent until you see if it's the right place for you. No one can cheat you if you don't give them your money or cc information Smile

People can cheat you with charisma... Not saying this is the case her, just go with your eyes wide open...

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 9:36 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:

True:) But I do want to know what happend with the 2 posters who said they both were taken for a ride….. was it the same scenario? Or by some coincidence both had a bad experience totally not related? Are the ppl running this community ehrlich?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 11:17 am
The Taussigs are not ehrlich. The rest of the community is. Just because they are in Tampa , doesn't mean you need to have anything to do with them.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
The Taussigs are not ehrlich. The rest of the community is. Just because they are in Tampa , doesn't mean you need to have anything to do with them.

I think they are in charge there... can't exactly live there without their input
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating