Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Coronavirus is NOT over!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

Raisin

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 7:11 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Guys, I have meshulachim at my door from Israel. I asked them, incredulously, how Israel let them leave. Oh, Israel's fine with letting them leave, and the US lets them right in. Apparently, the US is letting EVERYONE in. Maybe we shouldn't be so concerned about Israel letting in some students who are quarantining.

They are not!! I know 2 people with valid visas (one work,, one student) who were turned away by US immigration in the last few weeks. Another family I know who wants to go to the USA for a wedding has to go to a "safe" country for 2 weeks before being allowed in. Maybe Israel is on the list of safe countries.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 7:26 am
Coronavirus will never be over.

What is your end plan for when this is over?
Are we all supposed to stay locked in our homes for years?

I’ve spoken to drs who work in hospitals with coronavirus patients. The hospitals are pretty empty now were I live almost no new cases

I feel like now is the time for us to live in the quiet period. Kids need to play with friends. They need outlets. If it’s quiet I’m going to take advantage. Older singles who live alone need to be invited out and not sit home alone.

When I go shopping I wear a mask because legally required. But otherwise I don’t.
When I visit the elderly I still sit 20 ft away. When I visit my 60 yr old parents I sit 20 ft away. (My mom is a teacher who may not return to the classroom).

My staying home and further isolating my children won’t allow that to change.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 8:18 am
As far as the virus hitting hard for 8 weeks and then leaving, it looks like some hotspots are in a second wave. My cousin passed away from the virus in Florida on March 28 and had been sick from Mid-March. It looks like the virus slowed down a bit and then the economy re-opened and crowds Messed in. Most of the people who caught it appear to have had mild cases but it looks like it did affect some nursing homes and hospitals are dealing with an overflow of sick people. The overall death rates are lower than what happened in NY but I think that NY is concerned about a second wave.
California is either in a second wave or the virus has lasted for more than 8 weeks in an area.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 8:20 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Coronavirus will never be over.

What is your end plan for when this is over?
Are we all supposed to stay locked in our homes for years?

I’ve spoken to drs who work in hospitals with coronavirus patients. The hospitals are pretty empty now were I live almost no new cases

I feel like now is the time for us to live in the quiet period. Kids need to play with friends. They need outlets. If it’s quiet I’m going to take advantage. Older singles who live alone need to be invited out and not sit home alone.

When I go shopping I wear a mask because legally required. But otherwise I don’t.
When I visit the elderly I still sit 20 ft away. When I visit my 60 yr old parents I sit 20 ft away. (My mom is a teacher who may not return to the classroom).

My staying home and further isolating my children won’t allow that to change.

The vaccine may really reduce the need for society to live in isolation. At least I hope.

watergirl

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
You are saying this like it's fact. It's not. There aren't enough studies done to know if this is true or not.
Fact is that there are very few very rare cases of reinfection.

FACT is COVID-19 is a NOVEL virus, and there are very few FACTS. It is just too new. Actually, this is science, so there are no FACTS. There are theories, which change as we know more. In science, there are no facts. There are theories and laws.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 8:38 am
STMommy wrote:
Yes. My relatives in Israel had to go into bidud, people who were able to go back to work/school are now back home full-time and anyone who thinks that isn't potentially traumatizing is wrong.
Oh, also, the second wave in Israel is because school reopened. Many articles discuss this. Here's one example: https://www-wsj-com.cdn.amppro.....60001
Not sure if you are in israel or not, but no, not everyone is back home again. Many people are still out working
We are not in lockdoen just yet or at all.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:12 am
southernbubby wrote:
The vaccine may really reduce the need for society to live in isolation. At least I hope.

I give all vaccines (except ghardisil)
But honestly injecting a quickly released vaccine into my children and I scares me more then the virus.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:24 am
#Happymom wrote:
Well, look what happened here in Israel, we reopened completely, slowly and carefully everything opened up.

The first few weeks went great, the numbers were all fine and we all thought that our country was so brilliant from finishing with corona.

Little did we know that several weeks in to our return to normalacy, people starting catching it, and it spread, and spread and now our hospitals are overwhelmed and most of my neighbourhood is in biddud!!! Day camps and ganim just closed because most kids weremt coming and were anyhow in biddid.

It did take a few weeks. (More like months)

So dont count your chickens til they've hatched.

Oh, and there is no such thing as herd immunity, even in the badly hit communities. Immunity doesnt last and people can get it more than once.

Israel reopened months after KJ did. We didn’t have a serious case in months. Most of us got it on Purim way before the lockdown.
Israel locked down the first time before it spread throughout the population.
(Obviously KJ has a tiny population in comparison but it would make for a sufficient study of how this virus really spreads)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:36 am
#Happymom wrote:
Well, look what happened here in Israel, we reopened completely, slowly and carefully everything opened up.

The first few weeks went great, the numbers were all fine and we all thought that our country was so brilliant from finishing with corona.

Little did we know that several weeks in to our return to normalacy, people starting catching it, and it spread, and spread and now our hospitals are overwhelmed and most of my neighbourhood is in biddud!!! Day camps and ganim just closed because most kids weremt coming and were anyhow in biddid.

It did take a few weeks. (More like months)

So dont count your chickens til they've hatched.

Oh, and there is no such thing as herd immunity, even in the badly hit communities. Immunity doesnt last and people can get it more than once.

I don't understand why some people keep saying this. Don't you understand the difference? Israel never really had it, this IS their first wave. Same for Florida and Texas, they never had it mass in the first place. They are having it now, in those places it's not over.

In places like Lakewood, Brooklyn, Monroe we had it already. We lived through this. We heard the sirens day and night, we saw the people going into the ambulances, many of the never coming back. We saw the refrigerated trailers parked outside the hospital for 2 months. We lived through the hell, and then slowly we reopened and we've been been open since and BH BH there doesn't seem to be a recurrence.

There are studies in both directions about herd immunity. We haven't seen anyone that had it more than once. There are people that test positive months after they've had it. That doesn't prove anything.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:44 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I don't understand why some people keep saying this. Don't you understand the difference? Israel never really had it, this IS their first wave. Same for Florida and Texas, they never had it mass in the first place. They are having it now, in those places it's not over.

In places like Lakewood, Brooklyn, Monroe we had it already. We lived through this. We heard the sirens day and night, we saw the people going into the ambulances, many of the never coming back. We saw the refrigerated trailers parked outside the hospital for 2 months. We lived through the hell, and then slowly we reopened and we've been been open since and BH BH there doesn't seem to be a recurrence.

There are studies in both directions about herd immunity. We haven't seen anyone that had it more than once. There are people that test positive months after they've had it. That doesn't prove anything.

Florida got the mass of infections as a result of reopening.

I hope that hard hit cities are done with it for good but are we sure enough about that to say that we no longer need precautions? Is this herd immunity permanent?

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I give all vaccines (except ghardisil)
But honestly injecting a quickly released vaccine into my children and I scares me more then the virus.

I am not sure who is getting it first but it's more than likely to be given first to hard hit minority neighborhoods and then we can see how it works in all age groups.
To me it's scary that vaccines don't work as well as people age.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:49 am
southernbubby wrote:
Florida got the mass of infections as a result of reopening.

I hope that hard hit cities are done with it for good but are we sure enough about that to say that we no longer need precautions? Is this herd immunity permanent?

Again, Florida never had it in the first place, so they are having it now. Stop comparing it, it's not the same.

We're fully open for 2 months, and there have been no reinfections. I think most people agree we don't need precautions.

STMommy

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:50 am
tigerwife wrote:
Aren’t you anxious about not working? Are you getting a decent unemployment? I lost months of income when my kids were home.

Is it over? That is very area-specific. I was sick the other week. Went to the doctor to test for COVID19 and he told me highly unlikely at this point but he’ll take a nasal swab. I was surprised they let me in the building at all- I thought they’d swab from my car. Lo and behold it was negative. If doctors aren’t seeing active cases in my neighborhood, then I am comfortable with schools opening.

I do think state-to-state traveling is an issue but it sounds like most Americans just can’t be inconvenienced in that way. People travel out of state daily for work.

Bechasdei Hashem, I never had to stop working. My job in education shifted to Google Meet and I finished the school year collecting my paycheck all the while. I do not take that for granted at all. My heart breaks at the devastating loss of parnassa experienced by so many. Bur mt heart also breaks for the previously healthy people who got very ill or died from corona.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cov......html

https://m.jpost.com/internatio.....34271

https://m.jpost.com/health-sci.....33072

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:52 am
This is one big political scam.
The media is LYING to you.
All the major news outlets are run by the same corporations.
The government and Hollywood are run by evil corrupt people. This is all one big cover up.
Bill Gates has been talking about decreasing the population and eugenics for YEARS.
Florida misreported numbers MAJORLY. 98% when in fact it was only 9.8??????

If you want to go down the rabbit hole and become scared but well-informed, let me know. There are plenty of places to check this out.

Open your eyes, folks. Things are not as they appear.

STMommy

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:52 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Not sure if you are in israel or not, but no, not everyone is back home again. Many people are still out working
We are not in lockdoen just yet or at all.

I am not in Israel but I have many relatives who are, and this was anecdotally from a relative who returned to his office but a couple of weeks ago was told that he is now to work from home again, as well as nieces and nephews who had started camp but then it closed.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Again, Florida never had it in the first place, so they are having it now. Stop comparing it, it's not the same.

We're fully open for 2 months, and there have been no reinfections. I think most people agree we don't need precautions.

Just the opposite. Numbers are down Bec of precautions. Why on earth would you stop taking precautions?

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
The government and Hollywood are run by evil corrupt people. This is all one big cover up.
Bill Gates has been talking about decreasing the population and eugenics for YEARS.

If you want to go down the rabbit hole and become scared but well-informed, let me know. There are plenty of places to check this out.

Correct. All our dead loved ones are faking it. They will come back after the election.

Last edited by fleetwood on Fri, Jul 24 2020, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:59 am
fleetwood wrote:
Just the opposite. Numbers are down Bec of precautions. Why on earth would you stop taking precautions?

No, the numbers are down because it passed us by and there are very few new cases in New York State-without precautions.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 9:59 am
fleetwood wrote:

In my community numbers are down because we all had it. No one has been taking precautions for over 2 months now. No spike in cases. What would be the point in taking precautions at this point?

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 10:10 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics