Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Enter to Win a Gift-Edition Balabusta’s Daily Organizer!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

anotherima

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 9:51 pm
Set the table for shabbos on thursday night and put candles in the lichter. Bath the children thursday night. On a long friday I do all the cooking in the morning and then take the kids to the park in the afternoon as a reward for them doing all their chores and it's nice for me too.

Lakee

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:02 pm
I enhance my shabbos and yom tov by having my table set Thursday before my kids walk in from school they get the feeling that shabbos is coming and I am a calmer mother knowing I am half way there.

chocolatine

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:23 pm
I focus on making at least one favorite dish/salad for each kid so I know they’ll eat and they feel special. But I do use plastics with so many little kids BH I need to cut corners somewhere..
We serve dessert after bentching and clean up. There is an inyan to make extra brochos and all kids bentch nicely and help clean up Smile

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:33 pm
Change the tablecloth Thursday evening.

happymom123

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:42 pm
I daven out loud with my toddlers on Shabbos and YT morning when my husband is in shul. Keeps them busy for a full 30-45 mins and I enjoy it also so it's a win win

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:46 pm
I try to make challah extra special by adding fennel seeds or oregano to the dough for a savoury flavour. It adds a wonderful scent to our house while baking. I usually keep one part of the dough for a sweet challah as well.

Optione

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:47 pm
We set the table Thursday night. Even if there still plenty to do on Shabbos, a set table sets the tone.

marvelous

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 11:42 pm
My Cholent goes in an aluminum pan lined with parchment paper - in the oven! No babysitting the pot, no spilling over etc. Just put in all ingredients - as you would in a crockpot - delicious. Remove the pan from the oven and put it straight on the hotplate. After the meal, the pan with leftover cholent goes in a shopping bag into the garbage can. Motze Shabbos - no crusted pot to wash

browniebar

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 11:52 pm
Each week 1 child chooses the dessert and helps bake it

life is fun

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 12:08 am
Have a check list ,with Whats needed to lay The Shabbos table , hanging in the cupboard where the shabbos things are....

ny21

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 6:28 am
WE use disposable dishes for the seders oy makes clean up
Easier

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 7:29 am
Menu planning and shopping on Wednesday
Cooking in Thursday
Cleaning on Friday
I come into shabbos so relaxed because I don’t have a lot to do on Friday.

mommy12

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:28 am
I save some challah dough for my kids to make their own little challahs. It makes them very excited for Shabbos!

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:33 am
I have my kids shower when they walk in the door after school/ gan. If they are home it really helps to have them shower in the morning - it really eliminates kvetching, as well as the pre-Shabbos rush. Plus DH and I are more relaxed knowing that it's just us who have to shower.

pause

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:44 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Instead of preparing meals for both Thursday night dinner plus the Shabbos meals, Thursday night dinner is whatever chicken I make for Shabbos. I'd rather give up the benefit of leftovers on Sunday night and make my Thursdays a bit less of a hassle. Of course, my kids love the Shabbos chicken, so it's a win win.

I know many people do this out of convenience, but I rather serve Shabbos food l'kovod Shabbos and not satisfy their cravings for chulent and kugel on a mid-week supper. This way they actually look forward to Shabbos in order to have the Shabbos food. Then of course Sunday is leftovers. I don't think it's kavod Shabbos to serve leftovers on Shabbos.

pause

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:46 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
After the suedah we all play a board game together.

We do that only on winter Shabbosim after the Friday night meal. My kids beg for it also during the late summer Shabbosim, but by 11:30 pm, I'd rather we all go to bed. I'm thinking we should make more of an effort to do it after the day meal in the summer.

pause

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:49 am
cnc wrote:
I serve cake And cookies for breakfast Shabbos morning

Reminds me: We have special Shabbos cereal for breakfast. The sugary stuff that I don't consider food...

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 9:53 am
I bake cakes/bars for Shabbos by mixing the ingredients directly in the 9x13 pan. So much oneg shabbos when I don't have to wash out the mixing bowl!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 11:26 am
The first load of laundry to be washed after Shabbos is the Shabbos clothing. Like that if there's a super hectic week, you don't find yourself without fresh Shabbos clothing on Erev Shabbos when it's too late.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 20 2020, 11:38 am
I prepare whatever food I can in advance. This eliminates most of the cooking on y"t and I can sit on my couch, relax, and enjoy y"t instead of cooking all y"t.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics