Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What vitamins should kids and adults take for prevention
Previous  1  2

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 4:00 pm
Mameh Shaineh wrote:
Why should you stop elderberry if symptomatic?
it can increase production of inflammatory cytokines which is what you want to avoid with an active covid infection

Mameh Shaineh

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:00 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
it can increase production of inflammatory cytokines which is what you want to avoid with an active covid infection

From what I understand, it inhibits viruses' ability to replicate and to enter the cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Based on that, I would think that it could prevent ever getting to the cytokine storm stage. To my mind it makes sense to continue it even if someone does get symptoms - at least in the beginning, as long as it's fairly mild and there are no serious symptoms. I'm not a doctor or healthcare professional so this is only what makes sense to me. Does it make sense to you? Also, please let me know if you're a healthcare professional so I know if it's only 2 women who read articles discussing this or if there's one person with more knowledge and training.

nchr

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 5:18 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Thanks for mentioning hydration. I do that too. I also try to breathe for stress reduction and if I am tired, I go to sleep.

Sleeping enough and eating a healthy, balanced diet is super important.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:25 pm
Mameh Shaineh wrote:
From what I understand, it inhibits viruses' ability to replicate and to enter the cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Based on that, I would think that it could prevent ever getting to the cytokine storm stage. To my mind it makes sense to continue it even if someone does get symptoms - at least in the beginning, as long as it's fairly mild and there are no serious symptoms. I'm not a doctor or healthcare professional so this is only what makes sense to me. Does it make sense to you? Also, please let me know if you're a healthcare professional so I know if it's only 2 women who read articles discussing this or if there's one person with more knowledge and training.
stephen Buhner is my herbal guru. He actually recommends elder leaf as opposed to elder berry for this particular virus. I know there has been a lot of back and forth re: elderberry for covid in the alternative health world. My recommendation is based on my understanding and what makes sense to me. I seem to remember buhner saying the same about the berry, but since I can’t find the source I don’t want to make a definitive claim.

Here is his take on covid and plant based interventions in an 80 page article
https://www.americanherbalists.....1.pdf

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 6:27 pm
My little one takes Vitamins A, C, D. Those are what I focus on, but my big kids and I take a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. We also have been focusing on "Vitamin WH", "Vitamin SD", and "Vitamin M".

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 8:50 pm
southernbubby wrote:
According to Dr Zelenko, adults need 500 mg of quercetin and 25 mg of elemental zinc and 1000 mg of vitamin C daily for prevention. I don't know how to convert a WhatsApp to a post.
Many of us have low vitamin D and take supplements for that.

We looked up quercetin. It’s plentiful in many foods & beverages. Supplement can interfere with antibiotics; they’re not sure if it’s safe for more than 12 weeks.
Maybe it's best for those compromised.

Mameh Shaineh

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 9:10 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
stephen Buhner is my herbal guru. He actually recommends elder leaf as opposed to elder berry for this particular virus. I know there has been a lot of back and forth re: elderberry for covid in the alternative health world. My recommendation is based on my understanding and what makes sense to me. I seem to remember buhner saying the same about the berry, but since I can’t find the source I don’t want to make a definitive claim.

Here is his take on covid and plant based interventions in an 80 page article
https://www.americanherbalists.....1.pdf

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at the article - though I can't promise to read all 80 pages. Very Happy

southernbubby

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 9:22 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We looked up quercetin. It’s plentiful in many foods & beverages. Supplement can interfere with antibiotics; they’re not sure if it’s safe for more than 12 weeks.
Maybe it's best for those compromised.

500 mg is half the normal dose so that's why Dr Zelenko recommended it long term. All supplements can interfere with prescription drugs so the pharmacist must be consulted, which is what I did.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics