Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Time sensitive - do I share my free chocolate?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

blessedflower

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 5:18 am
First reaction keep it to yourself and enjoy.

Second reaction: I would share with family what happened, let everyone choose one chocolate and hide the rest. Whenever you want to give someone a treat, you can take out some chocolate.
I think me as a kid would be over the moon seeing so much chocolate. This can become a nice family memory. Only explain to them it's a lot and you are hiding it so it doesn't get finished in one day.
If you feel bad for yourself sharing you can always buy yourself some more

Makehumusnotwar

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 5:51 am
Share chocolate?!

What means?

I confused

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 8:21 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
What??
OP you need to do yourself a favor and get off imamother right now. There are some messed up and even divorced people giving advice here and it’s not for your good.
Of course you must share the chocolate! Why would anyone encourage selfish behavior??
This is beyond me! Phew

Believe me, I understand you. I've been racking my brains to find some middle ground. But I'm coming to the conclusion that it's like the story of the mother and the egg. Sometimes you have to eat the whole egg yourself to be a good mother. Be dlkz.
Smile

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 8:40 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
OP I hope you left this thread at 10:30 and won’t check in till you finish the entire stash of chocolate!

This is such a cute thread I’m laughing the whole way through along with my morning coffee!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 8:41 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
This is such a cute thread I’m laughing the whole way through along with my morning coffee!

Hope you have some chocolate to the coffee!

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:16 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Hope you have some chocolate to the coffee!

No I wish!
Maybe dh is hiding it all in some secret drawer!! I should sniff around LOL LOL LOL

keym

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:40 am
zaq wrote:
I’ll be the voice of dissension. Two pounds is an awful lot of chocolate for one person. You get half and the family gets half.

I disagree. 2 lbs of chocolate is the exact right amount to get a family through 1 day of distance learning. Trust me. I have experience from last spring.
Personally I think every family needs a 10 lb emergency stash, together with 2 cases of toilet paper, just in case your family has to go into quarantine or resume distance learning.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:47 am
keym wrote:
I disagree. 2 lbs of chocolate is the exact right amount to get a family through 1 day of distance learning. Trust me. I have experience from last spring.

I knew the Fisher Price Homeschooling Set was missing something!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 2:10 pm
OP I came to check up how the chocolate consumption is going!

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 2:34 pm

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 3:46 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
OP I came to check up how the chocolate consumption is going!

Would you believe I haven't even opened the box yet? I fell asleep really early last night. Tonight I expect to be up late cooking for Shabbos without little people underfoot so I'm going to keep the chocolate as reward for cooking slash pick-me-up for being up late. This might become my new Thursday night tradition of I can keep myself from eating too much chocolate at a time.

rachel6543

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 3:51 pm
Nope, don’t share!!!! Keep for yourself!!!! 😆

yonabets

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 4:58 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Is this a public thread?
If so, and any of OP's family is reading, you do know that she changed details. It was really brussell sprouts, and they're in the downstairs freezer, in foil marked chocolate chip cookies.
You're welcome.

LOL LOL

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would you believe I haven't even opened the box yet? I fell asleep really early last night. Tonight I expect to be up late cooking for Shabbos without little people underfoot so I'm going to keep the chocolate as reward for cooking slash pick-me-up for being up late. This might become my new Thursday night tradition of I can keep myself from eating too much chocolate at a time.

Are you serious? Do you know how much chocolate I consumed because of this thread and YOU DIDN'T EVEN OPEN THE BOX YET? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

4g01o

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:27 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Are you serious? Do you know how much chocolate I consumed because of this thread and YOU DIDN'T EVEN OPEN THE BOX YET? Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

LOL LOL thanks for the laugh! LOL LOL

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:01 pm
gold21 wrote:
Is this a joke

I'm thinking that the situation is that she is divorced and feels shunned because of it and that no one wants her advice and she's taking it out here, on this thread that was meant to be all fun and games. I'm truly sorry if that is the case. If you feel almost ostracized because of your divorce.
If I am wrong and you are serious about your post, please get professional help
If it's a joke, you still may need professional help

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I'm thinking that the situation is that she is divorced and feels shunned because of it and that no one wants her advice and she's taking it out here, on this thread that was meant to be all fun and games. I'm truly sorry if that is the case. If you feel almost ostracized because of your divorce.
If I am wrong and you are serious about your post, please get professional help
If it's a joke, you still may need professional help

Lol!!! Umm is this a joke?!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 7:22 pm
Omg! This thread is supposed to be just fun and chocolate! Whoever wants to fight should go to their rooms (take along chocolate).

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 8:45 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

Uh, mea culpa? Chatasi (beats hand on chest)...

No, really, I had to wait until everyone else went to bed so I could get to my secret box without discovery. I actually fell asleep fully clothed while waiting. Hmm, maybe I need to divide up my stash so I have some hidden in my bedroom as well. That will be crucial next week when I'm expecting my period. The chocolate probably won't last beyond that. Never get between a woman with PMS and her chocolate, right?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Uh, mea culpa? Chatasi (beats hand on chest)...

No, really, I had to wait until everyone else went to bed so I could get to my secret box without discovery. I actually fell asleep fully clothed while waiting. Hmm, maybe I need to divide up my stash so I have some hidden in my bedroom as well. That will be crucial next week when I'm expecting my period. The chocolate probably won't last beyond that. Never get between a woman with PMS and her chocolate, right?

Never get between a woman and her chocolate. Full stop!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette