Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos bracha Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:54 pm
Very strict

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 18 2022, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:55 pm
Very strict

frums

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:05 pm
Can you please give me an example of how strict they are with the tznius? Like if im wearing a long skirt and no socks under…. Thanks!!

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:10 pm
frums wrote:
Can you please give me an example of how strict they are with the tznius? Like if im wearing a long skirt and no socks under…. Thanks!!

Maybe try Bais Yaakov of ocean county they aren't strict about tznius

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:19 pm
frums wrote:
How strict is bnow brocha with the mothers tznius??

Same as all mainstream Lakewood schools.

amother
Opal

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:54 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
Maybe try Bais Yaakov of ocean county they aren't strict about tznius

Really? Because she wears long skirts with no socks?

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:57 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:

What's the problem with the suggestion? Most schools in lakewood are not ok with no socks and they are. Why do you think it's not a good suggestion?

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:58 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:

Yes really. It's not an accepted standard in Lakewood schools.

I know someone whose daughter was not accepted to school, and she ended up getting into a certain other school after signing that she would not wear no socks (even under long skirts). This was about 15 years ago. (Though I'm pretty sure that particular school has other parents like her in terms of tznius standards.)

For the most part, in Lakewood a school is not going to lower their standards. Let the parents raise theirs.

(ducking for the rotten tomatoes)

amother
Opal

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:05 pm
I know many ppl who don’t wear socks with long skirts and they send to much frummer schools than BYOC. That school is a lot more than just modern. There was already a thread on this.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:07 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
I know many ppl who don’t wear socks with long skirts and they send to much frummer schools than BYOC. That school is a lot more than just modern. There was already a thread on this.

There is a need for such a school and if everyone would stop bashing it and saying horrible things about it maybe it would actually succeed. People I know who send are happy. It was bad enough what was done to the school it replaced why can't people learn.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:09 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:

I know one other school where there definitely are parents who don't wear socks, however it is against the school rules. Either they are looking the other way, or the women are careful when around school premises.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:28 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:

THIS

Lakewood has changed tremendously in the last 3-4 years and it’s become more and more common, even with more yeshivish schools.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:59 pm
Agree, Ive seen even a bais faiga parent wearing no socks, and her skirt isnt even extremely long. Obviously thats not the norm there, but its going to be in every school. Sadly, alot of ladies that never went out without socks/stockings are going without now, bec. it kinds of became the style.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:15 am
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
Agree, Ive seen even a bais faiga parent wearing no socks, and her skirt isnt even extremely long. Obviously thats not the norm there, but its going to be in every school. Sadly, alot of ladies that never went out without socks/stockings are going without now, bec. it kinds of became the style.

It's likely if she were found by the hanhalah she would be asked to leave.

I recall a similar incident years ago where a woman showed up to the Cheder not dressed according to their standards, and her son was kicked out.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries