Home

Refuah health center, spring valley , most doctors left
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Coffee
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:42 am
happyone wrote:
Even giving birth there is risky. if everything goes well, a home birth or birthing center is just as safe, if there are complications you are up shits creek! Even transfers to competent hospitals are made to be so difficult.
I've been involved in several situations where babies born requiring NICU care were getting stuck as GS refused to cooperate with transfer. Twice newborns had to literally AMA risk leaving with amazing hatzolah that worked with them. twice there were bad outcomes due to their negligence and being difficult with allowing transfer to Chony.
You never know when an emergency may arise. It's a true risk.

Even something as simple as a fractured arm have found to be misdiagnosed by radiology in their ED.
for cardiac emergencies they are actually quite decent.
Monsey's closest safe hospital is Westchester. Nyack at least admits when they are uncomfortable and will transfer to Columbia.


Right in point!!!
Btw even if a baby can stay in there nicu for basic stuff they keep them for days longer cause it’s good money.
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:43 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Thousands of women give birth safely and happily at Good Sam. If there are complications, your own doctor is there, has nothing with the hospital. I haven't really heard any bad experience stories. I know people that transferred preemies out of the nicu without an issue. Their nicu is actually quite decent but medically fragile babies get transferred out. I feel very well taken care of when I give birth there.

Hatzalah took my sibling to good Sam cuz they needed the closest hospital that's how bad she was bleeding. They kept on telling her they're in contact with her Manhattan Dr which wasn't true. We know it's true cuz parent called the Dr when she saw what's going and Dr told her this is the first they heard what's going on. Dr arranged an emergency transfer. Bh her life was saved but her baby unfortunately not.
Back to top

happyone




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:43 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Thousands of women give birth safely and happily at Good Sam. If there are complications, your own doctor is there, has nothing with the hospital. I haven't really heard any bad experience stories. I know people that transferred preemies out of the nicu without an issue. Their nicu is actually quite decent but medically fragile babies get transferred out. I feel very well taken care of when I give birth there.


glad for your good experiences. but talk to anyone that assists with transfers, works with hatzolah, medical referral agencies, liaisons, specials needs support services etc etc. and you'll hear a whole different song.

May you never need any real medical care . Amen
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:44 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Right in point!!!
Btw even if a baby can stay in there nicu for basic stuff they keep them for days longer cause it’s good money.

This! They admit baby's to nicu for the silliest reasons cuz of the money they make.
Back to top

amother




Amethyst
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:53 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Good Sam is a 15 minute Drive away. With no traffic you can probably make it in 10 minutes. It's not that far.


It's a 20 minute drive with no traffic. Perhaps with lights & sirens and in the dead of the night, you can cut it down to 12-15 minutes.
Back to top

amother




Blue
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:05 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
It's a 20 minute drive with no traffic. Perhaps with lights & sirens and in the dead of the night, you can cut it down to 12-15 minutes.


As per google maps it's 15 minutes. Hatzolah makes it in 8 minutes.
Back to top

amother




Blue
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:06 am
happyone wrote:
glad for your good experiences. but talk to anyone that assists with transfers, works with hatzolah, medical referral agencies, liaisons, specials needs support services etc etc. and you'll hear a whole different song.

May you never need any real medical care . Amen


DH had major complicated emergency surgery there. I was very nervous and wanted to transfer but there was no time because he was in septic shock. Bh the surgery went well and her got great care bh. He has a chronic condition and hatzolah takes him there we never had an issue bh besides for a long wait in the ER.
I wouldn't go there by choice for major life threatening emergencies or serious illness. But for sudden emergencies they're competent enough.
Back to top

amother




Pearl
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 4:10 pm
I think it comes down to having one specific dr. you like. I don't love Refuah but we have select few doctors we really like. I did apply there for a certain position and was not impressed though.
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:31 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
The Spring Valley site, especially the dental, isn't so busy. They probably don't need that many doctors there.


I keep on calling trying to make appointments and nobody is picking up. It seems like their managment is not good.
Back to top

amother




Blue
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:49 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I keep on calling trying to make appointments and nobody is picking up. It seems like their managment is not good.


They often don't pick up. Leave a message and call back number and they'll call you back.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Recent Topics

Page 4 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Why are girls wearing center parts?
by amother
71 Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:28 pm View last post
Are doctors allowed to accept gifts?
by amother
15 Tue, Nov 24 2020, 8:24 am View last post
Please pray for refuah חיים יוסף בן רחל
by amother
17 Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:49 am View last post
Is there a hotel in center of Lakewood?
by amother
18 Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:30 pm View last post
Left fettuccine(with salmon pieces) out overnight :( :(
by amother
7 Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:50 pm View last post