Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Washing Walls?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you wash your walls and cabinets?
Of course!  
 20%  [ 60 ]
This is a thing?  
 12%  [ 36 ]
If I have time  
 14%  [ 42 ]
I spot clean splatter as needed/wipe off a shmear when needed  
 54%  [ 162 ]
Total Votes : 300

imasoftov

Post Sat, Oct 03 2020, 1:22 pm
watergirl wrote:
PLEASE tell me you are kidding.

The earliest mention I found of fumigating schach was from 2007.

Last edited by imasoftov on Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:21 pm
I wash cabinets and walls regularly (actually my cleaning lady does) with only really mild soap / vinegar and warm water. only with a ultra microfiber cloth. She does it weekly and everything is always clean! my house is new and I do care to maintain it

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:42 pm
Fumigate schach to kasher or to kill pests and mildew? S’chach is notorious for growing mildew if put away damp, and if it rains on Sukkot it’s almost impossible to dry it out adequately. By the next Sukkot it will be full of bugs (yuck) and mildew, both of which will adversely affect your sukkah experience and neither of which you want in your house or wherever you store your sukkah.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 5:46 am
When succos is over, DH washes our schach mats with water and scrubs them with a cleaning brush. Then he lets them fully dry overnight.
The next day he sprays them up with a bug spray that comes out in powder form (not liquid, so it doesn't get moldy). He then wraps them in plastic (garbage bag or plastic tablecloth) and then puts them in the green canvas holders.

Erev succos, he takes them out of the canvas, unwraps the plastic and bangs them onto a white paper to check if any bugs come out before putting the schach up.

We used to find bugs almost every year and had to spray the schach before succos which meant our succah smelled like bug spray and was gross. Ever since he started cleaning them, spraying and wrapping after succos, we have not had a bug problem.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics