Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you consider yourself chubby?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you consider yourself chubby/fat?
Yes  
 61%  [ 94 ]
No  
 38%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 154

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:47 pm
I’m not chubby. I’m 60 lbs overweight and I’m not healthy because of it. I don’t look chubby though. Lately my clothes are not as flattering on me and it’s not my imagination.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:47 pm
I’m 5’2 150 lbs. I feel short fat and wide. Stout. Freakish. But I’m pretty sure I also have a touch of body dysmorphia.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
To me, the word chubby only applies to babies and young kids. These days, I say I am still growing.

Yeh. The word chubby would apply to a child. I think once you grow into being a woman , the word changes to pleasantly plump 😀

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:50 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Yeh. The word chubby would apply to a child. I think once you grow into being a woman , the word changes to pleasantly plump 😀

I would have written fat but didn't want to be yelled at Hiding

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:50 pm
5'5 and 160lbs, chubby!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:04 pm
I'm around 5 4 and 140 plus lbs. I don't feel like I"m chubby or overweight, but I'm a little too big around the middle. It all depends how you carry the weight.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:07 pm
Chubby Sad

5”4
148 pounds

turca

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:17 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

You are being too nice!
FAT

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:02 pm
I’m still considered obese but I feel amazing and all my medical practitioners are in awe. I’m maintaining a large weight loss and not worrying about whether I lose more, even tho it’d be nice to just be done with it. But I’m SO HAPPY NOW! I can’t complain!

avrahamama

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:09 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I’m still considered obese but I feel amazing and all my medical practitioners are in awe. I’m maintaining a large weight loss and not worrying about whether I lose more, even tho it’d be nice to just be done with it. But I’m SO HAPPY NOW! I can’t complain!

Everytime I read one of your posts I feel so happy. You seem so comfortable, confident and proud. You also seem to have put a lot of work into educating yourself and knowing yourself. I barely know you. But you're a role model to me.

I'm not skinny but I'm not chubby. I had 4 kids in 6 years and I need to be kind to my body. I'm grateful for what's it's done so far and it's been a terrific host here on planet earth. But it could use some TLC. Before my 5 yr old I was working out twice a day almost every day ... I was so strong that I shoveled our corner lot sidewalks every snow that winter and then took my oldest sledding down the street at the steeps hill. I'd like to get back to that kind of endurance and strength.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:01 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Everytime I read one of your posts I feel so happy. You seem so comfortable, confident and proud. You also seem to have put a lot of work into educating yourself and knowing yourself. I barely know you. But you're a role model to me.

I'm not skinny but I'm not chubby. I had 4 kids in 6 years and I need to be kind to my body. I'm grateful for what's it's done so far and it's been a terrific host here on planet earth. But it could use some TLC. Before my 5 yr old I was working out twice a day almost every day ... I was so strong that I shoveled our corner lot sidewalks every snow that winter and then took my oldest sledding down the street at the steeps hill. I'd like to get back to that kind of endurance and strength.

Thank you! Sometimes I worry about how much I share but when I see posts like yours, I’m so glad I do.

You know what’s amazing? I’ve been exercising regularly for about a year. Not working out ( although the first four months I did step aerobics which I’ll get back to now that it’s colder) but it’s not like weight fell off me because of it or anything. But in the past year, this is what’s different:

I feel strong. Not powerful like weight lifting, but strong.

Even though I have diastasis recti, I can feel that my core has strengthened, and my balance is way better too.

Today I went for a spinal and hip bone scan ( because both of my parents have osteoporosis) and I was at the top of the chart for bone health!!!

I have hip spurs, but last week I made the doctor who was giving me a steroid shot speechless because she said they weren’t bad and I said, yeah, but if I walk more than 5-7 km it really hurts. She was flabbergasted. My hip spurs hurt because I’m not a couch potato anymore.

Two winters ago, which was actually before exercise I also shoveled and that IS an amazing thing.

I encourage you to do what you can. Do what you’ll do! I’m taking courses now in addition to work and I admit the next six months will be hard to fit it in, but I’ll make it work, even if it’s less. I lost 95 poiubds becore I started exercising. So only 15 more since but wow! The wAy I feel!

In part the way I feel is why I went back to school. Because I have an English degree from 1989. I never thought I could do science. But I can. And this whole health experience which came after being so hopeless made me realize that things I thought weren’t possible, sometimes are! Even me and science! Crazy!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would have written fat but didn't want to be yelled at Hiding

I'd rather be called fat than chubby. And I am pretty fat. Chubby sounds very condescending to me. It's much more insulting than fat. Which is why I voted "NO" in the poll, even though I know I'm fat Wink

avrahamama

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:13 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Thank you! Sometimes I worry about how much I share but when I see posts like yours, I’m so glad I do.

You know what’s amazing? I’ve been exercising regularly for about a year. Not working out ( although the first four months I did step aerobics which I’ll get back to now that it’s colder) but it’s not like weight fell off me because of it or anything. But in the past year, this is what’s different:

I feel strong. Not powerful like weight lifting, but strong.

Even though I have diastasis recti, I can feel that my core has strengthened, and my balance is way better too.

Today I went for a spinal and hip bone scan ( because both of my parents have osteoporosis) and I was at the top of the chart for bone health!!!

I have hip spurs, but last week I made the doctor who was giving me a steroid shot speechless because she said they weren’t bad and I said, yeah, but if I walk more than 5-7 km it really hurts. She was flabbergasted. My hip spurs hurt because I’m not a couch potato anymore.

Two winters ago, which was actually before exercise I also shoveled and that IS an amazing thing.

I encourage you to do what you can. Do what you’ll do! I’m taking courses now in addition to work and I admit the next six months will be hard to fit it in, but I’ll make it work, even if it’s less. I lost 95 poiubds becore I started exercising. So only 15 more since but wow! The wAy I feel!

In part the way I feel is why I went back to school. Because I have an English degree from 1989. I never thought I could do science. But I can. And this whole health experience which came after being so hopeless made me realize that things I thought weren’t possible, sometimes are! Even me and science! Crazy!

That's so great! I want that strong feeling back.

It really is amazing though that as I get older I feel more capable of understanding and learning than I did when I was younger. So I understand your newfound pursuit of science and admire you for taking the extra steps in that pursuit.

It's amazing how empowering certain things can be.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:24 pm
avrahamama wrote:
That's so great! I want that strong feeling back.

It really is amazing though that as I get older I feel more capable of understanding and learning than I did when I was younger. So I understand your newfound pursuit of science and admire you for taking the extra steps in that pursuit.

It's amazing how empowering certain things can be.

It’s really crazy! One day last week I had the fleeting thought that maybe I’d consider grad school at some point. WHAT?!?

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:29 pm
5’2 and 160 lbs! Extremely chubby!!😭😭😭

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:38 pm
OP, I am the same hight and weight and weight as you. I don't consider myself "chubby" when it comes to my looks, just not skinny either.

On the other hand my body fat percentage quite is high, I've tested it. I know I need to work on getting healthier.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 10:50 pm
Well I think I’m not chubby only my face is pretty round. People tell me I have a narrow face but I think its my makeup.
Whatever..
It’s not really my issue if I’m chubby only to those around me..

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 12:25 am
I’m 4”8 and weigh about 155, I’m overweight but have lost about 13 pounds in the last few months. My goal is to lose another 20. I won’t be thin by any standard at that weight, but a nice plump, which is fine by me. I never thought to refer to myself as chubby, but given the two choices I voted yes (because I’m not not-chubby).
I have come to terms with my body and want to take off the weight mainly for health reasons. For many people putting on a little bit of weight is part of getting older, just part of life. Adults aren’t supposed to look like teenagers. We’re built differently.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 10:35 am
Chubby is my infant grandchildren, who are supposed to be. Chubby is what I was as a child. I consider myself fat and my doctor and bmi tables tell me I'm clinically obese.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 21 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
This thread is so disturbing!! when here I am 5'2" and 200 Lbs.
while I do know im overweight (and im working so hard on dieting) this thread is so discouraging, I feel like my world is collapsing. is it even worth trying so hard if ill never succeed even
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Hey, I'm 5'2 and 205, so don't feel so bad!
I don't actually feel "chubby" even though I know I'm obese. My husband married me because I was overweight and he doesn't believe in skinny people.
I've gained weight over pregnancies and I'm trying to get it off. But no, I don't think I'm fat. I want to lose weight in order to be healthier, and I'm doing it slowly.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics